NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Joann

"I think what makes this country great is freedom of speech and a little kidding around with a few good laughs is good for the soul."

Well wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy? Your behavior in the other thread went way, way beyond a few laughs and good for the soul.

"Once again doll smart remark about being introduced throwing up at a party. When was the last time you were spanked? Perhaps a few taps will change your perspective and you may lighten up a little on your obvious frustrations."

First, you don't get to hide behind saying that it was all in response to attacks on you. Almost all of what you took was in response to your BEHAVIOR in the thread. Someone saying you are obnoxious is based on the fact that your posting was obnoxious. Someone saying you are stupid is based on the facts that many posts were inane.

Coming back with comments about listening to the BeeGees and having a comb in the pocket has nothing to do with someone's posts. Certainly the comment about me, based solely on the fact that I am female, has absolutely zero to do with my behavior. It's a good thing you can't tell by someones name who among us is old or handicapped or Jewish or Asian, because all of those would be fair game too.

Second, I have participated on these boards off and on since it was the Fullcount board and probably have about 5 or more total years of consistent participation. And no one, ever, never, not one person has ever crossed the line you crossed. Your comment was sexually overt and had strong tones of intimidation and was way, way out of line.

No one - of all of the thousands of guys that have come and gone or been regular participants - no one has ever ever done that in all these years. Not once. I've argued with people and clashed with people and not one has gone there. Even Bruce, who probably doesn't like me and for good reason, has never ever done that - and he has taken a whole, whole lot more from me than you did.

I think all the decent guys on this board should be pissed. 5+ years active without anyone ever playing the sexual slam card. And now this board can never say that again. You took that from this board and these people - the ability to say that with however many hundreds of thousands of posts each and every single individual refrained from that - even joking. And you, a nobody, come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, act like an ass and break that incredibly decent run that these guys collectively had.

And to the rest of the guys, thank you very much for that and for jumping Marshall when he posted that yesterday. To be honest, I sometimes feel like I am interfering in what might otherwise be a very different atmosphere - like I am crashing the locker room or hunting camp or something - and really appreciate that I've never heard even the faintest hint of derision or resentment over that.

There is an extent to which I'm not even mad though. Why? Because what he did was too easy. It's so obvious, so intellectually destitute. Of course he would do it. He doesn't fit, not here or anywhere. In the picture with Trump that he is so proud of, he is so incredibly out of place and inappropriate that he almost looks like he was Photoshopped into it.

[linked image]

If I'm in that room and a guy comes in looking like that and acting like a jerk and breaks out some stupid sexual comment about me, am I going to really stay deeply mad and offended for long? No. He's an obvious outcast and misfit, tolerated only because there is a veneer of civility in most social settings, including that room and including this board. That picture is the perfect parallel to him on this board, and the reason I won't stay mad or offended.

And Marsh, as to people hating your slogan and yet using it and you finding that odd? They're mocking you. Individually, collectively and appropriately. The only person not in on the joke is you. Pard.

BRING THE NOISE.

Joann

Leon, I disagree that he was justified in this comment and in some others because of what he was taking. This was way over the line and a first for this decent and wonderful board. Damn. You can't get that back. I didn't want it buried in some other thread, and the one in which the comment originally appeared has been locked, so I started a new one. Feel free to lock or delete. I don't want to make this drag on forever, but I was not just going to let it go either.

Edited to add my name to the top so it was not Anonymous. Oops

Edited again because somehow punctuation like apostophes and dashes got dropped and it was driving me nuts.