NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Ebay help needed please

I need to know how to reach someone at ebay by phone, asap.

My problems began Monday early morning, when I went to print some invoices and shipping labels so I could send out cards to winners. The program at one point stopped and directed me to a new page, with official looking ebay logos and such, but with somewhat poor english asking me to enter all of my personal and financial information again, allegedly to stop fraudsters. I was asked to enter "as more information as possible", and they wanted everything--mom's maiden name, SSN, ATM pin numbers, etc. No way were tey getting that from me.

Within two hours my computer was completely unusable--each file opened was met with a warning that the file was infected and the command could not be executed. I was invited to install some anti-virus program that would stop these "attacks', which of course I declined as I was certain that WAS the virus. Couldn't open emial, the wireless was shot down, the printer, and I could not even turn off the computer without simply cutting the power.

Fast forward to yesterday, a whole week shot with no computer and 11 hours on the phone or in front of the screen trying to clean the problem, along with several hundred dollars in tech support. Up and running again, and I see some emails from ebay buyers wondering where their cards are. I respond to one this evening and get redirected to, you guessed it, the same damn "ebay" page requesting all of my personal info again. I CAN'T LOG IN
I'm afraid the virus is back, and if not the totally destructive one, at least the one that prevents me from accessing ebay. I need to reach these buyers and let them know that I cannot access their address info to send out cards at the moment, as well as apologize for the delay. Any help appreciated. The sooner the better, as I surely hope that the new McAfee prevents the rest of the attack that rendered my machine useless in a matter of hours.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Brad Green

Sorry about your problems, Todd... I found the number below for eBay by searching net54...

(866) 643-3720
Old 02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Dan Bretta

Todd, in the meantime you should be able to go to the public library and sign in on a computer to send messages to your buyers.

Hope you get it all sorted soon.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Jeff

If your buyers paid with paypal, you can search through your transactions on paypal and get an address you need that way. This is truly a nightmare situation you have here, do not give out ANY information that is asked of you, ebay would NEVER ask you for the information this fraudulent person is asking for.

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 PM

What program were you using to print out labels and invoices? Sounds like that was the root of the problem as there is no way eBay or paypal sent to you to a spoof site...
Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Todd Schultz

Default viruses are not fun

Brad--thanks, I spoke with someone there who noted my situation, and who said it would be helpful if any dispute were opened. She also stated that any negative feedback that may come my way might be removable.

Dan--thanks, I will have to haul my a$$ to a different computer and get the info there. More fun in store.

Jeff--thanks, I hadn't thought of trying to access the info through paypal--God I hope that site isn't hit with spyware too.

JP--ebay itself allows winners to send invoices and print shipping labels from the Items I sold page. I cannot remember if or why the page had "timed out" last Monday morning, but when I tried to get to the Items I sold page through 'My ebay", I was asked to sign in, at which time (after name and password) I was sent to this spyware page asking me for all of that personal and financial info. Tonight when I responded to a message from one of my buyers, the same scenario played out.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Jim D

get an imac and you wont have to worry about any of this!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Mark T.

No computer is 100% full proof, even iMAC.

I had a similar problem last year when my son decided to have fun with google searches...thought i would have to scrap my whole computer until i found a great anti spyware/virus program called Stopzilla. I paid for it and downloaded the product. It found 311 viruses/spyware on my computer then took care of it for me.

Also, if you think Ebay has problems....FACEBOOK has more viruses than anything out there. Stopzilla has caught 4-5 for me in the past 2 months and all i did was click on a friends pics they posted.

good Luck
Old 02-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
No computer is 100% full proof, even iMAC.
It's not the computer, it's the OS.

As FUBAR stated, if you want to stop all this, get a Mac.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Jon Canfield

Todd-

This happened to me about 1 month ago while using photobucket. I am completely safe, have Norton antivirus always activated, have a back-up virus program, and both incoming and outgoing firewalls. Well, somehow, something got through all of this. I forget the exact "virus" I got but it was EXACTLY as you describe - kept taking over and trying to get me to purchase a software program to kill the virus. After a day of troubleshooting with Norton and my other antivirus provider, the virus actually caused my computer to crash by modifying certain files. I had to reformat the computer to get it to work again. However, the next day, I ordered a Macbook Pro. I'm done with PC's forever....
Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM

john. was the virus "security guard"? if it is, it happened to my brother and i could forward you an email he sent, that possibly could help.

Last edited by dennis; 02-28-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Jeff

I've only ever used a MAC. What's a PC?

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!