NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

Default Images and interwebs/computer weirdness

So, It's come to my attention that pictures I add to posts may not go through, even when they show up for me.

I tried a few things, then got help from my Ace IT department (My computer programmer wife) and learned a few things.

I might be the only one using the urls and codes from the albums.
I also might be the only one using the "add image" button.

I did figure out how to add them as attachments, so hopefully that works better?
It's a challenge, since on my end they show up just fine I may try a few different browsers tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the failure.

Is there a way besides attaching or using the internal album/add image?
Old 01-26-2023, 09:34 PM
Doug Goodman

I always use the 'Manage Attachments' button in the 'Attach Files' section of the 'Additional Options' area.

But now I'm curious about urls and codes and the 'add image' button... which I'm looking for now...

I think those are all for linking to pix I might have online, which would work, but I find it easier to just upload them from my computer as described above.

Doug
Old 01-27-2023, 08:33 AM
Mike

Like Doug, I've not really had problems.

I now use Attachments and upload to albums via 'Manage Attachments', but used ImageEvent previously and it worked well, too.

In both cases, I add images to the post via the 'Insert Image' toolbar icon. Not had any issues using the URLs provided via either.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:05 AM
J@mes In.gram

How come it is, if I re-boot and log back in to net54, some images, apparently from non-net54 either attached by url or served up some other way than "manage attachments", do not load. By right-clicking on the broken image icon and selecting "view image" I am taken to a second net54 log in, after which all images load. Why? What is the purpose of the second log in?

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***

Last edited by jingram058; 01-27-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:16 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
How come it is, if I re-boot and log back in to net54, some images, apparently from non-net54 either attached by url or served up some other way than "manage attachments", do not load. By right-clicking on the broken image icon and selecting "view image" I am taken to a second net54 log in, after which all images load. Why? What is the purpose of the second log in?
That has happened off and on since I joined. The weird thing is the pictures Steve posts have never shown up for me. Not even the broken image icon.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:40 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That has happened off and on since I joined. The weird thing is the pictures Steve posts have never shown up for me. Not even the broken image icon.
It could be that the album those images are in is marked 'Private' - that would explain why only Steve would see them.

User CP -> Pictures and Albums -> Select any album -> Edit Album ... Album type (Public or Private) is under description in the 'Edit Album' section.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:42 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
That sound like a browser <-> site interaction issue where your login token doesn't get persisted properly after your first login. I have the same with SGC even without reboot as much as they tell me it shouldn't.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:14 AM
Steve Birmingham

The album I use is set to public.