NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I am currently making myself a T206 Checklist that includes the player name, pose, team, back, whether it is graded, and your personal grade. This has been quite time consuming. I am going to use it for a quicker reference as to what I have, instead of always either looking thru my binder or having to go thru my graded cards.

I was curious if there was enough interest in expanding it to make it decent enough to sell. If you are interested how much would you pay (keep in mind the shipping cost? Is there anything suggestions to what could be added, say another set like T205 added. I know that it will never be a big money maker but I have never found a decent checklist to keep track of my T206s since there is so many different ways to collect the set.

Input would be great, either email me or respond to the thread.

Lee

Old 10-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: honus3415

Email your customers the spreadsheet or give them access to download it.

Every penny saved helps.

Sounds cool...Good Luck

Old 10-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: T206Collector

I just went to www.t206museum.com and copied their checklist into an XL spreadsheet. I entitled the adjacent colums "team" "grade" "back" and "comments". In the comments column, I write ML, for minor league, SL, for southern league, HOF, for Hall of Fame, RARE, for Magie et al. It didn't take very long and didn't cost anything. What I might be willing to pay for would be a checklist that included all the possible different back combinations for a given card. Is that what you are talking about?

Old 10-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: ChuckkieB

If you have graded T206 cards, the PSA Set Registry and to a lesser extent, the SGC Set Regisrty allows you to track all of the info you suggest.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

I have a list of the possible backs for all the T206 cards.

Also, Bill Heitman has a booklet called "The Monster" which shows the possible backs.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

the reason I am making this checklist is to be able to have a pysical checklist at my computer. I have some cards graded some not and there is the issue of the backs I want on the checklist. I also plan on having an extra page to putany duplicates or any other way of colloecting the T206s make has you buy more than one of the same front. I currently have 6 Doc Crandall with cap and Hugh Duffy, all with different backs.

I currently just have a column to write in the type of back. Is there any other suggestions as to how to catalog the backs, I believe there are 17 or 18 different. To write all in and check them off takes up alot of room.

Name Pose Team Back Graded Condition

This how I currently have it set up.

I currently use Mark Peavey's Mysteries of T206 book as a checklist. It works but I figured you could do so much more.

Lee

Old 10-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: john/z28jd

The serious side of me says-
If you really want to do something good that might help more people,have different checklists.First in alphabetical order,then a seperate checklist by teams,then one by subsets[southern leaguer,common minor leaguer,hall of famer,and common,variations too i guess,but those cards would fit 2 categories]

The not so serious side says-
You can also think about seperating them between players with moustaches and ones without.Also a checklist of hall of famers,guys banned from the hall of fame and those eligible but not yet elected and guys who people have claimed on ebay to be hall of famers but really arent.If thats too much work,ill help out by staying out of the way.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Robert A

looking at "The Monster" for a checklist? It lists the players for t206 by team and has all of the so-called backs so you can check off each one as you get it.

so if you have 13 cobbs with a piedmont 150 back, than you could put a 13 in the box that corresponds with that example. If you have a cobb with an american beauty back and one with a polar bear back, there will be boxes for each of those.

maybe you already know this.
I havn't found any reason to use anything else.
take care

Old 10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Do you have a link to the 'Monster". Is it a whole book or just a quick synposis of the set. I now it exists but have never seen it.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: martindl

Add "position" to your checklist and you'll have created something unique. For all the T206 checklist that i've seen, none has position. It would be a boon to those folk that like to only collect pitcher, shortstop, catcher cards, etc.

Lipset already took care of the series cross reference along with cross references to other sets, but adding it into your list and having it all in one place would be helpful.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Has anyone got a list of the positions for each player? I like the idea.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Robert A

I don't have a link to "The Monster." It was written by Bill Heitman quite a while ago. Some serious t206 collectors might say it's a little outdated, but it is A MUST for serious t206 collectors either way...even if you are going to make your own list, it's just a cool checklist that Heitman uses.

Unfortunately, it might not be easy to find. I bought mine on ebay. It is a very short study that looks like a pamphlet.

Old 10-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

You might want to check with SportsCardsPlus. They use to sell the book in their retail store.
(www.sportscardsplus.com)

Old 10-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Thanks a member is helpping to get me a copy. Still working on the checklist. My fingers and shoulders are getting sore.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

I guess that I am quite a bit uninformed about the t206 set. Probably like many others, my first observation is that apparently Burdick chose to include some backs in the set, while excluding others.

The rational which was used in this selection is not clear to me for some backs produced during the time of t206s.

Of course there are other questions associated with the cards issued beginning about 1909 and continuing into the mid-teens. These questions all involve the similarities among the t2.. sets and also the similarities between these sets and those of the e- cards of the same period.

Did one company produce all of these cards for distribution in various products.

I guess that I need to identify and read the best reference material on the cards of 1909-1916, Lipsett's Encyclopedia does not cover this subject adequately (or maybe my reading comprehension is not what it should be). Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Gil

Old 10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

To William Todd: Thanks for the copy of the Monster. I lost your email somewhere in the fold.

I am getting closer to finishing. I am able to break this down by team, alphabetical, or position (if you are interested in this it will take much more time, I have yet to get positions for each player). I have left plenty of room write in the backs Grading service and Grade. There will also be a couple extra jsut grid pages to fill in what you would like.

When this is done I believe it will be the best most comprehensive checklist yet for the T206 set. It will give each person a way of cataloging there T206 set in a bigger format that is easy to read and find the info you are looking for in the T206s you have.

I tried putting a small copy of the checklist in the thread but it just gave me text, so it was no good.

Please let me know if you are interested in a copy.

Lee

Old 10-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Dave

Lee,

I've been out of town for a whole week - OK, out of country - in China. For some reason the N54 site was blocked while I was there. So, I'm late in giving any opinion on the checklist you are working on.

I'd like to see the back details from Lipset for each card included. Things like series per card. I'd be willing to pay for your organizer, but not too much. $5 - $10 seems like the range to me, but I'd go a little higher if that's how it works out.

I also wonder what program it uses. Is it Excel (my choice), or Access? I currently ony have MS office basic, would have to upgrade to professional to get the db. Or is it something else?

Please let me know, I'd love to have better organization than I have right now.

Dave

Old 10-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Robert Adesso

Sure, I'd be interested in checking it out.
Rob

Old 10-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Richard Masson

I would also be interested in checking out your checklist and would be happy to make a donation for it.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: John

Hmmm. Your checklist intrigues me Lee I would only be interested in buying if…

1.)It comes with an unconditional money back guarantee.
2.)It comes with free unlimited tech support for a year.
3.)It’s available for use on all platforms (Mac, IBM, Atari 800)
4.)It has some sort of semi-celebrity endorsement (Gary Coleman, Chuck Woolery etc.)
5.)It’s guaranteed to help me lose wait and fight cholesterol.
6.)It uses a similar virtual based GUI system such as the one used in Minority Report.
7.)All of this has to be less than $.2.34 MSRP

These are things I’m looking for in a T206 Checklist please let me know the status.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Elliot

John, do you not want the hologram image generator as part of the package?

Old 10-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: James Walker, Jr.

I had to put this project on hold for about a year, but now it's almost ready.

Greetings,

I am currently in the process of creating a "population report" for the T206 set. My goal is to confirm the various front/back combinations and confirm the rarity of the various backs.

To accomplish this, I will need your assistance and any other collector of T206 cards you know.

To aid in the inventorying of the T206 cards, I have created a program called Vintage Card Tracker. Below is an introduction to the program.

The Introduction:

Here are the steps for entering your cards:

1) Select the "Set Designation". To start with I am working on the T206 set with plans of adding the T205 set next, then the T207 set. Would appreciate some input as to what other sets you would like added.

2) Choose the Player Name. This is how the name appears on the bottom front of the card. For the T205 set was thinking of using the name on the back of the card with the T207 set being similar to the T206 set where the name on the bottom front of the card would be used.

3) Next select the variation for the card, if one does not exist then this field will not show.

4) After filtering the various available "companies", choose the one that applies to the card being entered.

5) If the particular company was issued with Series information (as shown in the example above), then select the desired series. If Series information does not exist (i.e. Polar Bear backs) then this field will not be shown.

6) And the last step, press either the "up arrow" to increase the card quantity, or the "down arrow" to decrease the card quantity next to the appropriate "Factory Information".

Currently I have the following reports:

1) Inventory Report - Lists all cards that you have entered. Includes all fields necessary to enter the cards, including the quantity.

2) Basic Set Want List - Lists any card needed to complete the set regardless of back version.

3) Master Set Want List - Lists all cards needed to complete a "master" set. All card fronts with all card backs.

Are there any other reports you would like?

Your Help:

When you are entering cards, please let me know if there is a front/back combination that I have overlooked or that should not be listed. I can then distribute a "patch" to either add or delete that combination. One example is the Hindu back. I know that a card with a Hindu back is either brown or red, and never both. However, I am not sure which cards should have the brown back and which cards should have a red back.

What other features would you like to see?

And finally, please forward this email to anyone that you might think would be interested in this.

Thank for your time,
James Walker, Jr.

Old 10-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

This looks great! I remember receiving an email from you some time ago regarding this project. I was interested then and I still am now! Can't wait to see the final product.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

James, I was wondering what ever happened to this project and started a thread asking what the status of the project and had no response. It is good to hear the project is in motion.

I would add a section for graded cards, the company and grade applied. I also noted from your sample that you have no Factory 42, they come with and without over prints in the Sweet Cap 460 series.

I am nearing completion of the checklist of the checklist and leaning towards just asking for donations after receiption of the checklist and to there satisfaction. Elliott put it best to me that he enjoys the hobby and wants to share it with others and that is why I have been leaning towards a totally voluntary donation.

I will be able to send out a checklist by alphabet, and team. So if you are interested please email me on which type you would like. the checklist is printable and about 15 pages with a blank one to add extras. As for the a checklist by position I am going to need more help on the minor leaguers, I have nothing to help me get there positions and there is room on the checklist for the position. When I get that then there will be a checklist availabel by position.

If you are interested in a checklist please email me.

Lee

Old 10-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

SERIES, FACTORY, # OF BACKS, CODES

150 Piedmont 157 25 2 VA
150 Sovereign 156 25 2 VA
150 Sweet Caporal 156 25 2 VA
150 Sweet Caporal 156 30 2 NY
150 Sweet Caporal 156 649 1 NC
350 American Beauty 278 25 2 VA
350 Broadleaf 278 25 2 VA
350 Cycle 278 25 2 VA
350 Drum 278 25 2 VA
350 Piedmont 469 25 2 VA
350 Sovereign 421 25 2 VA
350 Sweet Caporal 421 25 2 VA
350 Sweet Caporal 421 30 2 NY
460 American Beauty 113 42 4 NC
460 Broadleaf 113 25 2 VA
460 Cycle 113 25 2 VA
460 Piedmont 113 42 4 NC
460 Sovereign 113 25 2 VA
460 Sweet Caporal 113 25 2 VA
460 Sweet Caporal 113 30 2 NY
460 Sweet Caporal 113 42 4 NC
460 Sweet Caporal OP 113 25 2 VA
Assorted Carolina Brights 278 25 2 VA
Assorted E.P.D.G . 474 17 2 VA
Assorted Hindu 203 649 1 NY
Assorted Lenox 117 30 2 NY
Assorted Old Mill 522 25 2 VA
Assorted Polar Bear 318 6 1 OH
Assorted Tolstoi 312 30 2 NY
Assorted Ty Cobb 5 33 4 NC
Assorted Uzit 156 30 2 NY

Old 10-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: runscott

If not, let me know and I will. I have front/back scans of almost every t206 I have owned. Same for every other card or vintage item I have owned...or owned me (even my ex-wife)

Old 10-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Great list Richard, think that the Sweet Cap 460 Overprint should be factory 42 not 25. Does a factory 25 exist? All mine are fact 42.

Lee

Old 10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Using Lee Behrens 's Excel file and my programming experience, I can tell you which cards came with a 150 Series Piedmont back, etc. So if you're a back collector and want to know which cards came with whatever back, go here:

http://rdwyer.250free.com/T206Backs.html

Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: James Walker, Jr.

Lee: Glad to see you are still interested in the project. In the example I've shown, the reason the Factory 42 (with or without overprint) does not show is the "Series Info." selected for the card is Series 150. If a card is available in the 460 Series, then the Factory 42 option will show. Hope this helps. I agree with the donations 100%. That is how mine is set up. I'll try to add the graded cards in the next version. And finally, when it's complete, would you please send the "team sorted" checklist.

Runscott: Yes, you did send me a scan CD of the T206's. If it's possible, would you please send a CD of your T205's and T207's? Send me an email if you need my mailing address.

All: Here is the link to download the file. Click the link, and then save it to your computer. Unzip the file, then double click on SetUp and follow the prompts. The download file is about 17mb and installed is about 27mb. Please send me an email letting me know what you think and what else you would like to see. If you do like this program, please let me know. I accept voluntary donations only (from cash to cards). Please send me an email if you would like to send a donation.

Link: http://www.freewebs.com/chisoxfan/vct.zip

Old 11-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Bill

..anybody out there need a copy of .... The Monster ??

Old 11-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: JimB

Yeah, I could use one. I used to have and can't seem to find it these days.
JimB

Old 11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

I do have the checklist done but I can't figure out how to send it thru email. I will keep you updated.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Dave

I'd love to get a copy of this.

Dave

Old 11-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

I'd love to get a copy of this also.

Richard

Old 11-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Mark Holt

If you have copies for sale please email and I'd love to buy one.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

I would love to get a copy also.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: shoo

Id love to get a copy of this list, Im not sure who has one anyone who knows please drop me a email thanks

Old 12-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Posted By: Trae R.

I'd like "The Monster" also please:
trae@mlbvintage.com

Also, Lee, with this project you're working on, or James the project you're working on - I'd love to collab. with one of you and get an online version of this softwre going with PHP/MySQL backend. I'd happily write the code, and host the website, if you all provide the data. It'd be much easier then installing or printing anything. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Old 12-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Checklist

Hi all,

I ahave finshed an alphabetical and Team checklist. I tried to send to those who responded. If you would like a copy email me or respond to thread.

Help in opening the spreadsheet, with a little help from stemmers:

I opened it in Excel. A window pops up when you try to open it and says that the computer doesn't know which application to use to open it. You have to click on 'show list' of ones to choose from. Then from that list you choose Excel and hit ok. It opens the spreadsheet in Excel.

Happy Holidays,

Lee