NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 PM
Paul Curlee

Default PWCC vault

Sultans of cardboard,

Has anyone used PWCC vault before? I’m considering because a recent purchase would save me quite a bit if I threw it in their vault for a week and then could get it without the tax. Has anyone done this before? Any personal experiences positive or negative? Really appreciate information in advance!

Last edited by Paulcurlee1; 01-31-2022 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulcurlee1 View Post
Sultans of cardboard,

Has anyone used PWCC vault before? I’m considering because a recent purchase would save me quite a bit if I threw it in their vault for a week and then could get it without the tax. Has anyone done this before? Any person experiences positive or negative? Really appreciate information in advance!
That sounds like a great way to save some cash, good luck with that. PWCC goes out of its way to help out collectors.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-31-2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:10 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

I’ve bought from the vault have had cards shipped to the vault and have had cards shipped from my vault to my home address. Zero issues.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 01-31-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulcurlee1 View Post
Sultans of cardboard,

Has anyone used PWCC vault before? I’m considering because a recent purchase would save me quite a bit if I threw it in their vault for a week and then could get it without the tax. Has anyone done this before? Any personal experiences positive or negative? Really appreciate information in advance!
I may be wrong, but PWCC will charge you your state's sales tax if you remove the card from the vault too soon; I think you need to keep it there at least a year not to have a state sales tax issue. So the real analysis is sales tax + shipping minus annual vault fees + shipping, and thats your real savings, plus you lose physical control of that card for the year+
Old 01-31-2022, 08:39 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Dear collectors,
Please tell me it's okay to use a scummy company like PWCC who has a history of destroying the cards I claim to love so much, in order to grift a few extra dollars from the state of Illinois coffers.
Fixed it for you.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Fixed it for you.
Perfect, now tell me if I can avoid getting a 1099 by selling through a AH instead of eBay.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:06 PM
Paul Curlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Fixed it for you.

I think illinois grifts harder than anyone (have you seen the string of governors or the $50 gift cards chicago has turned my tax dollars in to?) - but I obviously posted this because I am aware of Pwcc’s rep - so it’s really a question of where the value/risk payoff is. I think that’s a logical question for someone who loves their cards - if I can save $300 by putting it in their “vault” for like 2 days - I make that choice 10/10 times if the risk is mitigated. I see you also changed my greeting which means I will use it increasingly and with variations going forward.

Yours,
Marginally amused
Old 02-01-2022, 12:05 AM
Jamie

I know we had this conversation about vaulting and impact recently with the addition of Goldin's vault.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...t=Goldin+vault

Last edited by Schlesinj; 02-01-2022 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:21 AM
Paul Curlee

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-01-2022, 06:47 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

There are pro’s and Con’s to the vaults at PECC and Goldin. It is not right for all people.
Read the LINK and decide what works for you.

Good Luck

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson