NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
John €ffenheim

Default Vintage signed bowling pamphlet

I found a 1930's bowling instructional pamphlet at an antique mall. It's called "Improve Your Bowling" and is signed by the author "Yours for 300 Joe Falcaro". I did little searching and it turns out he was a colorful character...link. As a follow up to the story, he was finally elected to the hall of fame in 1975.
Does his signature have any value?

Last edited by effe; 02-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
John €ffenheim

Here's a scan
Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Ken McMillan

Heard he really had some balls. LOL
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default I can't believe that there are ...

... alot of bowling hobby collectors out there. I keep an eye out for such items such as John E's because I have a brother who is one of those collectors. But the number of on-line and larger auctions rarely have much, and if they do, it's usually of recognized personalities such as Andy Varapapa, Earl Anthony, or Dick Weber.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Seems like the perfect thread to show off what I found in my closet at my parents house a couple weeks ago.. PBA event was in Columbus and my mom was a scorekeeper (back before automatic scoring)... Got Pete Weber, Parker Bohn III, Mike Aulby, Guppy Troup, Wayne Webb, David Ozio, Mark Bowman, Chris Warren, etc. etc. etc.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Quote:
Originally Posted by effe View Post
I found a 1930's bowling instructional pamphlet at an antique mall. It's called "Improve Your Bowling" and is signed by the author "Yours for 300 Joe Falcaro". I did little searching and it turns out he was a colorful character...link. As a follow up to the story, he was finally elected to the hall of fame in 1975.
Does his signature have any value?
John, PM sent.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Craig

Among other things, I was into bowling quite seriously as a teenager (numerous 300 and 299 games - first perfect game at age 14, two classic league averages of 238 and 227 with a high 3 game series of 758) and bowled against the likes of Dick Weber, Don Carter and Ray Bluth at age 16 as different beer-sponsored professional teams toured the country and went up against a team of local bowlers selected from various classic leagues based on cumulative averages.

One of my keepsakes from that period is a 1956 PBA program autographed by Don Carter, Andy Varipappa, Lou Campi, Dick Weber, Paul Peterson, Harry Smith, Billy Welu, Frank Esposito and some others whose names escape me at the moment.

I have never thought about the potential value of the program but it must be worth something with all the early signatures of future HOF's, including Carter and Weber both of whom were my bowling idols.