NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Should this buyer be banned for these 2 lies?
Yes 134 54.47%
No 86 34.96%
I don't care 26 10.57%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2022, 07:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Forum Member Dilemma

I get put into the role of decision maker on things concerning members as it goes with the territory. Some decisions are easily made and others not so much.
I am in discussions with a member wanting to come back, after a recent banishment, and I am not sure about it so I will pose the question to the forum.
Long story short, I got a PM from a very long time member, and someone I know, concerning a deal that went bad on the BST. This member sold another member a card and when the buyer got it he said the case was cracked and wanted a return. The very good member said no problem. But when he got the card back it is clearly just a piece of tape on the holder. One second of rubbing it would tell you the case isn't cracked.
As I was looking at the registration of the buyer I noted he gave a false name on his registration. That is a huge red flag for me and generally a 0 tolerance issue and banishment. But this member has been here well over a year, maybe 2, with over 500 posts.
He said he just made a mistake on the registration.

In my mind these are 2 pretty big lies.
I will take this poll into consideration but won't rely on it completely. Did I mention how much I dislike lying on a registration?

* I should mention the buyer had put his user id down twice..instead of his real name....and said it was an accident ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cracked.jpg (66.9 KB, 1179 views)

Last edited by Leon; 03-02-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:12 AM
Scott Russell

I think go with your first instinct.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-02-2022, 08:23 AM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I'm with Scott. Go with your instinct on this one.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:28 AM
Ben North

I thought the unwritten rule was as long as no one lost cash no one got banned. Unless it is one of crazy Mathews many accounts, then ban.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:30 AM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Anyone can tell the difference between tape and a cracked holder. Then the fact that they could have come clean but choose to lie to you directly about putting in his user ID twice instead of his name isn't an accident. Seems like a serious future problem waiting to happen. Me personally, I would prefer not to deal with members like that. I would also say stick with your gut.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by Foo3112; 03-02-2022 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I thought the unwritten rule was as long as no one lost cash no one got banned. Unless it is one of crazy Mathews many accounts, then ban.
I don't think I have as much problem with the lie of the return (maybe an infraction for that) but the lying about the name, when this forum mandates names, is potentially cause for more concern.
I do need to say, much after the fact, this member did put his name under his id....but the registration was a total lie to me. (as well as the case issue)
and a card because every thread needs one, or some...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe901youngpsa2a.jpg (192.5 KB, 1117 views)
Old 03-02-2022, 08:47 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Leon, did the buyer have his real name under his user ID when making posts? I can at least understand putting the ID down twice a little better than making a completely fictitious name. I think it really comes down to intent and not sure the name issue would be intentional. With the cracked case it seems the buyer wasn't satisfied, would it have made a difference if he just said he wasn't satisfied and wanted to return it? I don't like that he lied about the cause but if he wasn't satisfied.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 03-02-2022, 08:49 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Another view

Okay I’m not sure about this and so I feel differently. The registration thing sounds plausible…. and it is so subtle an error that no one even noticed for over a year. The case crack deal…. kind of sketchy, maybe it was buyers remorse with a lame excuse? I’ve gotten delivery of a group of cards one time and they just weren’t what was described. The seller refunded my money and I didn’t even have to make up any BS story… most of us would probably issue a refund once any cards are received for whatever the reason the buyer wanted although it shouldn’t happen very often. Finally, there are some great guys on here and a few quirky ones too… not dishonest but just kinda different, maybe this guy is one of them. His 500 posts and otherwise good record would buy him a bit of leniency but maybe with a warning …. this is why I would be a lousy policeman, I always think the best and sometimes I get burned! LOL
Old 03-02-2022, 08:51 AM
Rob G.

If I purchased a card from a forum member and sent it back due to cracked case, and found out later it was just tape, I'd apologize profusely and make good on the original purchase and cover the extra shipping fees so the seller saw no additional loss of money.

Is this the action the banned member is attempting to make?

For registration, did they put "tiger8mush" (userID) in name instead of "Rob G."? Or did they put a totally false name like "Jose Canseco"? Some days there is a thin line between misunderstanding, low IQ, and being a liar
Old 03-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
If I purchased a card from a forum member and sent it back due to cracked case, and found out later it was just tape, I'd apologize profusely and make good on the original purchase and cover the extra shipping fees so the seller saw no additional loss of money.

Is this the action the banned member is attempting to make?

For registration, did they put "tiger8mush" (userID) in name instead of "Rob G."? Or did they put a totally false name like "Jose Canseco"? Some days there is a thin line between misunderstanding, low IQ, and being a liar
He put his real name under his id but I don't know exactly when. And I totally agree it was buyers remorse with a BS made up reason for returning. The seller is a great member and would have taken the return if the buyer was just not happy with it. That card has been sold to someone else now.
And the member in question offered, to me, to make good on that deal. But after the fact come-clean deals hold less weight.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Colton
Colt0n Eng.lish

I like cards too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HinduM.BrownCubs.jpg (98.7 KB, 1081 views)
File Type: jpg HinduM.BrownCubs b.jpg (78.6 KB, 1082 views)
Old 03-02-2022, 09:18 AM
Br1an N0Iff

Character and integrity should mean something. Keep the ban
Old 03-02-2022, 09:25 AM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Is the offender sorry, because he misses interacting with fellow card collectors, and can no longer add quality posts that contribute to the forum's overall experience, knowledge, and value?

Or is he only sorry, because he lost access to the B/S/T venue?

I'm a second chance type of guy. However, that doesn't mean the offender should escape punishment even after a banishment period.

Maybe let him in, but banish him from the B/S/T venue for six months or however long you feel his offenses warrant.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:37 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Isn't this supposed to be the new era of personal accountability? Thumbs down.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:47 AM
P.aul Orl,in

I think integrity on this site matters a lot, I would keep the ban. Not the kind of behavior want to excuse or deal with.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:59 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

I said yes. I also have hesitations about this too. With their contributions at some point the name issue became less of an issue because he posted his real name under screen name per board rules. I totally understand Leons view of this also. For registration maybe when they first signed up they were just checking it out and didn't want to fully commit info they thought was not important at the time. After they decided to stay it was to late to make changes. Leon should have been notified by them so the changes could have been made. I have been guilty of this with some other boards I visited. The ones I liked I registered again with my real info and the others I just closed out and have zero interest in.

As far as the BST maybe a severe or permanent ban would be best. That would allow them to still contribute but not make deals directly on the BST. Guess we would see how important the board is to them. In a few years or whatever they could get a review and decision on whether or not they could be allowed on the BST again.

To add: If they are of no contribution to the board and its members then hold them accountable for a full ban.

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 03-02-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

JMO, but most scammers give warning signs before they seriously rip a person off.

How would you feel if you let him back, despite the red flags and he scammed someone for a lot of money?
Old 03-02-2022, 10:17 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I don't remember the "form" I filled out when I registered here, but I do know that more than once I have filled out a form and made a dumb mistake, like putting last name in the first name box or whatever. If all his other information was correct, this might make me think it was a brain fart instead of malice.

The transaction comes across as a feeble buyer's remorse incident, I don't have a solid opinion either way on how to address that.

KS
Old 03-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Jeff H

Leon, I don't envy your position as the person that has to make these type of decisions. I agree with what some have already stated. Go with your gut. Do what you think is best for Net54 board. You have done a good job so far.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Isn't this supposed to be the new era of personal accountability? Thumbs down.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I'm not seeing personal responsibility anywhere!! I sure wish you were right!
Old 03-02-2022, 10:33 AM
Rob G.

Allow member to come clean in this thread, and then reinstate fully. If he's a good boy then all will be forgotten by the weekend
Old 03-02-2022, 10:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Allow member to come clean in this thread, and then reinstate fully. If he's a good boy then all will be forgotten by the weekend
I don't know about all being forgotten but I have made this offer to the buyer. If he does, I would lean towards reinstatement. If not, I am leaning the other way....but the jury is still out.

and a 1941 Wheaties card of DiMaggio, 5 x 7...never seen another or even from the set. But a respected board member has some...not sure if he has Joe D...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pf272unc1941dimaggio.jpg (195.4 KB, 993 views)
Old 03-02-2022, 10:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Yes; broken window policing theory.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-02-2022, 11:03 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Leon, I don't envy you having to make these decisions. Thank you for taking on this load so that we can have a place to discuss our hobby.

About the name, to me, the severity of the mistake matters. If his name was Tim, but he typed Tom, or he flip flopped his first and last names, maybe he's just a bad typist, or he misread the form. But if he gave his name as Mickey Mouse, well, that's different.

For the buyer's remorse, I think a suspension from the BST is in order, and if he becomes a repeat offender, ban him from the site.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Leon

As others said we trust you and I agree I would not want to have to make that decision myself but since the forum votes and most agree with the ban it is more a group decision.
OR if you feel on the fence then ban that person for a period of time and then let them back in after time served

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 03-02-2022, 11:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Break out the popcorn! Reinstatement isn't guaranteed though.

Last edited by Leon; 03-02-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:36 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

People deserve second chances. I'd give him a second chance, though with conditions.

Last edited by drcy; 03-02-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:41 AM

I look at these situations in many different ways...
The following reply would be one of them!

I believe in sincerity... or lack there of!
Forgiveness with the opportunity to rejoin the community
is at Leon's discretion...

Forgiveness through banishment is also Mr Leon's weight to bare...

He's been doing this fir quite some time now!

"And He is very Very VerY Good at it!!!"
Old 03-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Howard Chasser

Default I like the decision in part

To me it comes down to facts and intent.

1) Name - facts sound clear - he didn't use his name - intent? Was there an intent to deceive - based on the fact that he didn't (deceive) anyone and did put his name in at some point this seems like good reason for a second chance on the boards with a public apology (as decided).

2) BST transaction - Are the facts clear? Did he admit to knowing there was no crack and just had buyers remorse? If so, I would support a time-limited (3 month, 6 month?) ban from the BST. If it's not clear that it was buyers remorse and could have been an honest mistake then I think the decision as made stands.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:29 PM
Chris Eberhart

Reinstate with no BST for 90 days.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:43 PM
Jim Reynolds

Some people use a fake name in profiles because they simply don't want to be found. I know of a buyer that uses a different name on facebook because he's a high school principal and is afraid of the kids finding him. Different strokes for different folks.

As for the tape, my eyes play tricks on me sometimes I find, as I get older. We don't all have 20/20.

I'd give him a strike 3.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It should be interesting. The buyer has said he might come on this thread.

FYI, here is what is asked for at registration, as you all know.

1. Username -
2. First & Last name -
3. Daytime ph# (might be called for verification) -

Last edited by Leon; 03-02-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Make him wear a "I Love Kevin Mize" t-shirt and post it as his Avatar for 60 days then let him off the hook.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 03-02-2022, 12:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Make him wear a "I Love Kevin Mize" t-shirt and post it as his Avatar for 60 days then let him off the hook.
Or that picture of Adrian in his bedroom with the Wagner LOL
Old 03-02-2022, 12:55 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Tough spot Leon. I don't like dishonesty one bit. But I don't like it when I over-react. I'm not insinuating an over-reaction on your part, but I've done it myself before. I favor the idea of re-instatement with a lengthy BST ban. Like Andrew mentioned, that will show if the member is here strictly for BST privileges or the overall comradery of the community.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:03 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
AND make him copy verbatim the solitary post of AcellaGet 100 times. By hand. In crayon.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
AND make him copy verbatim the solitary post of AcellaGet 100 times. By hand. In crayon.
And after looking it up, I can see why you would remember it. LOL

Last edited by BobC; 03-02-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:18 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Hope you all have your popcorn ready!

I am the member being discussed here.

The site registration. Yup, I totally entered fake info. Guilty. When I first heard of this site (mentioned in a reddit comment), I wanted simply to check it out, and when prompted to enter a bunch of personal info (as so many websites do these days), I entered the first thing that came to mind - a portmanteau of two Mets players from my youth.

I added my real name to my signature/avatar/whatever-it's-called probably sometime last year. I have no problem sharing any info with Leon or anyone else at this point, as I now know that this is not some spammy website that wants to sell my data, but a community of real people, many of whom have met each other in person. Had I thought to retroactively change it in the system, and had I known it was possible (I'm not sure if it is), I would have. I fully accept it if Leon and/or others come to view this as a form of irredeemable deception. I certainly regret it, if for no other reason than that it will have caused some in here to doubt my integrity.

The returned card. Not guilty by reason of being a moron.

Some background: the member who was selling this card, whom I'll call "Dave" (not their real name) and I have done B/S/T deals prior to the one being discussed, and have had what I have viewed as great relationship, talking cards generally and such. He even referred to me another member when I asked him about some cards, and I later ended up purchasing some from this other member. (This is relevant to what I write later on.)

The transaction: Yes, as unlikely it seems many responding to this thread will believe, I truly thought was a crack in the slab. I have attached more pictures to show how it looked from other angles. I feel incredibly stupid knowing how we got to this point, but that it what I'm guilty of.

Had I simply had buyer's remorse (I didn't, as the card itself was nicer than in the pictures Dave had sent me, and it was a HOFer at a fair price), I would have simply told him so, and with confidence that he would have gladly accepted it back.

So, I took these photos (within minutes of opening the package) and send them to Dave, asking him what he wants to do. He acknowledged the perceived slab damage when I sent him the photos, and apologized. He asked me to send it back so that he could make a USPS insurance claim. I immediately shipped it back to him (about one week ago) and sent him the tracking number.

I woke up Monday to find that Leon had banned my account, and had no idea why. Dave had not contacted me when he received the card back. Had he done so, I would have gladly accepted the card back and paid the shipping. When Leon explained to me the reasons for the account ban, I contacted Dave again and he had this to say:

"I almost had sent the claim off to the post office too but wanted to snap one last pic before I did...glad I did."

I wrote back to him that, despite his being apparently convinced that I intentionally "faked" a damaged slab (it would never have occurred to me to do that, nor do I understand what it is I would have been trying to accomplish by doing so), I find notable the fact that that he also, with the card in hard, thought it was damaged until the very last second before mailing it out. (And Dave has been in the hobby for decades, as opposed to me, who never handled a slabbed card until early 2020!)

As far as my reputation, I have done deals on here with everyone listed in my signature, and I am confident that not one of them will have a single bad thing to say about me.

That's about all for now I suppose. Whatever Leon and/or the group decides, I have enjoyed being a part of this community and I wish you all the best.

Matthew (my real name)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220222_234209706.MP.jpg (96.4 KB, 860 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220222_234214603.MP.jpg (81.3 KB, 858 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220222_234234997.MP.jpg (83.8 KB, 858 views)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry

Last edited by BobbyStrawberry; 03-02-2022 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Break out the popcorn! Reinstatement isn't guaranteed though.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:25 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Never mind, I edited out my comment because it made no sense.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 03-02-2022 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:26 PM
J0hn Collin$

Honestly the whole thing with thinking tape was a crack thing sounds like something hastily stupid I might be prone to do. I sometimes get super hot if I think a seller has been careless in any way upon first opening something in the mail. For example, the guy who sent me a '67 Orlando Cepeda ("EX-MT") that was poking halfway out of an unsecured toploader last year.

Usually I get rational before making a return or moving to the next step, though.

Last edited by jchcollins; 03-02-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:27 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post

Sounds sincere. Just a big misunderstanding all around.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:30 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post

The site registration. Yup, I totally entered fake info. Guilty. When I first heard of this site (mentioned in a reddit comment), I wanted simply to check it out, and when prompted to enter a bunch of personal info (as so many websites do these days), I entered the first thing that came to mind - a portmanteau of two Mets players from my youth.

I added my real name to my signature/avatar/whatever-it's-called probably sometime last year. I have no problem sharing any info with Leon or anyone else at this point, as I now know that this is not some spammy website that wants to sell my data, but a community of real people, many of whom have met each other in person. Had I thought to retroactively change it in the system, and had I known it was possible (I'm not sure if it is), I would have. I fully accept it if Leon and/or others come to view this as a form of irredeemable deception. I certainly regret it, if for no other reason than that it will have caused some in here to doubt my integrity.

The returned card. Not guilty by reason of being a moron.

Some background: the member who was selling this card, whom I'll call "Dave" (not their real name) and I have done B/S/T deals prior to the one being discussed, and have had what I have viewed as great relationship, talking cards generally and such. He even referred to me another member when I asked him about some cards, and I later ended up purchasing some from this other member. (This is relevant to what I write later on.)

The transaction: Yes, as unlikely it seems many responding to this thread will believe, I truly thought was a crack in the slab. I have attached more pictures to show how it looked from other angles. I feel incredibly stupid knowing how we got to this point, but that it what I'm guilty of.

Had I simply had buyer's remorse (I didn't, as the card itself was nicer than in the pictures Dave had sent me, and it was a HOFer at a fair price), I would have simply told him so, and with confidence that he would have gladly accepted it back.

So, I took these photos (within minutes of opening the package) and send them to Dave, asking him what he wants to do. He acknowledged the perceived slab damage when I sent him the photos, and apologized. He asked me to send it back so that he could make a USPS insurance claim. I immediately shipped it back to him (about one week ago) and sent him the tracking number.

I woke up Monday to find that Leon had banned my account, and had no idea why. Dave had not contacted me when he received the card back. Had he done so, I would have gladly accepted the card back and paid the shipping. When Leon explained to me the reasons for the account ban, I contacted Dave again and he had this to say:

"I almost had sent the claim off to the post office too but wanted to snap one last pic before I did...glad I did."

I wrote back to him that, despite his being apparently convinced that I intentionally "faked" a damaged slab (it would never have occurred to me to do that, nor do I understand what it is I would have been trying to accomplish by doing so), I find notable the fact that that he also, with the card in hard, thought it was damaged until the very last second before mailing it out. (And Dave has been in the hobby for decades, as opposed to me, who never handled a slabbed card until early 2020!)

As far as my reputation, I have done deals on here with everyone listed in my signature, and I am confident that not one of them will have a single bad thing to say about me.

That's about all for now I suppose. Whatever Leon and/or the group decides, I have enjoyed being a part of this community and I wish you all the best.

Matthew (my real name)
I originally voted to ban, but after reading this I have changed my mind. The name thing with the site registration is bone headed, but if Leon banned people for bone headed things I would have been banned a long time ago (as with many others too). FWIW, there is another member that uses a fake name and I have even PM'd the admins about it, but he continues to use that name. Note sure why something hasn't been done, but I don't run the site.

As far as the card return, the explanation sounds plausible to me. I don't think it was a case of buyer's remorse.

That's just my $.02
Old 03-02-2022, 01:42 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I am of the mind that he should stay, but how about clipping those frickin' nails, guy?????

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I originally voted to ban, but after reading this I have changed my mind. The name thing with the site registration is bone headed, but if Leon banned people for bone headed things I would have been banned a long time ago (as with many others too). FWIW, there is another member that uses a fake name and I have even PM'd the admins about it, but he continues to use that name. Note sure why something hasn't been done, but I don't run the site.

As far as the card return, the explanation sounds plausible to me. I don't think it was a case of buyer's remorse.

That's just my $.02
FWIW there are several including one with multiple fake names.

This is not the same Mathew I referred to in my other post.

I vote we let him stay. Others have done WAY worse without being banned.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:50 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

After hearing his side and seeing all the deals he's already made with long time members, I voted No. I still believe some BST restriction should be implemented.

Matthew must realize that some may still be skeptical of dealing with him in the future if he is allowed back on the BST.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:52 PM
Bry@n

Never gets old.

Quote:

fake wagner loser.jpg
Old 03-02-2022, 02:04 PM
John I.

I originally voted that he should be banned, but after reading his post I'm more willing to let him stay.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:10 PM
Bry@n

Both of these mistakes are certainly plausible/understandable, so I vote that we let him stay.

He should also rebuy that card now that we know there are no issues with the holder, and pay for the shipping back to him.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:16 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

I voted to ban early on and would like to change that vote. Also, can someone add some backstory about the Wagner pic. Very interested.