NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2020, 11:16 AM
Jeremy

Default Do people have confidence in Probstein on eBay

Very new to online card buying and have been reading wildly varying opinions on this. What do people think?
Old 06-07-2020, 11:45 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Pros:
Low consignment fees.
Trustworthy that you'll get the card you buy.
Genuinely honest, from what I hear. Not like scammers Brent at PWCC and Dave at Small Traditions.

Cons:
Easy to be shill bid by the consignor.
Writes really awful titles and descriptions.
Has almost no processes and procedures in place; people have mailed him cards and he's lost them with no idea what they were. Need a lot of blind trust it's going to work.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfriedm View Post
Very new to online card buying and have been reading wildly varying opinions on this. What do people think?

I will ALWAYS bad mouth probstein because he decided to block my bids 'because of how I treated a friend of his'. I inquired several times as to who I had offended, but he refused to elaborate. I have ALWAYS tried to treat all buyers and sellers with respect. I never leave negative feedback as it tends to end badly- with knee-jerk and disingenuous replies - I just move on...there are too many options.

If he ever shows some integrity and letting me know exactly who I offended, I would stop bad-mouthing him even if he kept me blocked...again- too many options.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Buy on Net54. Most people here are honest, but there are always some bad apples. If you get a bad apple let Leon know. You won't pay taxes, and there are no buyers premiums. You will find more choices than you can imagine, especially in vintage. I have done 90% of my buying here over the last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 06-07-2020, 12:49 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I highly recommend COMC. 25 million cards for sale from thousands of different sellers, held in a warehouse outside Seattle. Buy the card, it goes in your account. You can ship now or ship later. You can even buy from their eBay auctions and pay on COMC's website and hold it there until you want to take delivery.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:01 PM
d.ean

Purchased one card from Prob. Received the card I bid on. As for shilling, set your price and if the price goes over, move on. Prob does not have the shilling market cornered on ebay.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Once a few years ago I emailed him to ask about a big poor lot. I said I couldn’t tell how poor the cards were because most were obscured and asking for description or better pictures..He did reply stating (I don’t remember exact words) I can see how that would be a problem. That was the full response.

I have bought several poor lots from him. Usually from a single out of focus picture and can’t zoom in. But he does describe the cards as poor so I’ve gotten what I bargained for. Just be aware that if he says poor they may be missing borders etc.

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 06-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
I have bought vintage cards from him quite a few times over the years without any issues.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
I have bought vintage cards from him quite a few times over the years without any issues.
+1
Old 06-07-2020, 03:42 PM
je.sse @rnot

I have bought a few cards from him, but it's probably been a few years. I never had an issue and have no reason not to be comfortable buying from him or consigning a card to him.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
+1
Old 06-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Chuck Price

I have bought from him many times, never an issue. He has sold for me and ppff me the funds the next day, can’t beat that.

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 06-07-2020, 04:33 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Should have added to the Cons above: has been known to take consignments from known trimmers. May or may not remove listing if it's been pointed out to him.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:17 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, yet another thread on Problemstein.....Last count was 1,157 and climbing.....Can we agree to move on from this guy and Brent Huigens?? We have been talking about these two since King Kong was a squirrel monkey...I would think by now that everything humanly possible is out there about these two incredible and ethical guys. Damn, where's the emoji for sarcasm???

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 06-08-2020 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:31 PM
Frank Evanov

Default aGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Pros:
Low consignment fees.
Trustworthy that you'll get the card you buy.
Genuinely honest, from what I hear. Not like scammers Brent at PWCC and Dave at Small Traditions.

Cons:
Easy to be shill bid by the consignor.
Writes really awful titles and descriptions.
Has almost no processes and procedures in place; people have mailed him cards and he's lost them with no idea what they were. Need a lot of blind trust it's going to work.
That's an accurate description of my experience as well.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:57 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

People still bid and consign to PWCC, if that helps

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-07-2020, 08:08 PM

I bought many cards from Rick over the years (up to about 2017). I always had great service. The cards I bought were primarily T206s in the $100 - $2000 range, with a few modern thrown in. The cards I received were all PSA-graded and were unaltered as far as I could tell. I have no opinion on whether any of these auctions were shilled. I simply don't know. But I never placed a max bid higher than I was happy winning the auction for. So I was never disappointed.

Last edited by sreader3; 06-07-2020 at 08:15 PM.