NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-09-2020, 08:30 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
I always thought Cal's major league debut was as a pinch runner in an extra inning game

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It was on 08/10/81 (he actually scored the Game Winning Run); the 12th this was his first start/AB & appearance as a fielder

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-09-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Last night I caught a replay of the 2001 All Star Game on MLB Network. As most people here know, Cal homered off the Dodgers Chan Ho Park and was named the game's MVP (oldest player ever to win an All Star MVP).

Charly Steiner of ESPN did the Play by Play of the game on the radio and had a memorable call of when Cal hit it "Did He Do It?...Did He Do It?...He Did!" You hear that sound clip often around All Star Game time...

Anyways in 2005, I had the bright idea that I'd like to get Steiner to sign an Official '01 ASG Ball with that very inscription. At that point, he was doing radio with the Yankees and I had an Orioles contact get me in the Radio Press Box pregame one Sunday afternoon with the hopes of getting him to sign my ball.

When I approached him he couldn't have been nicer and was thrilled that I wanted to include him as part of my collection (even Cal thought it was an unique piece to sign):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-10-2020 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:39 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W View Post
I've been sorting and organizing many cards during the lockdown, and found this sheet from Front Row in 1992
David,

Nice; definitely filled with stars.

Any recent pickups on the Lou Brock front?

Also, do you happen to know If Lou still does any signings? I have a small show poster that players have signed it with the exception of Lou.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:40 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Last night I caught a replay of the 2001 All Star Game on MLB Network. As most people here know, Cal homered off the Dodgers Chan Ho Park and was named the game's MVP (oldest player ever to win an All Star MVP).

Charly Steiner of (then) ESPN did the Play by Play of the game on the radio and had a memorable call of when Cal hit it "Did He Do It?...Did He Do It?...He Did!" You hear that sound clip often around All Star Game time...

Anyways in 2005, I had the bright idea that I'd like to get Steiner to sign an Official '01 ASG Ball with that very inscription. At that point, he was doing radio with the Yankees and I had an Orioles contact get me in the Radio Press Box pregame one Sunday afternoon with the hopes of getting him to sign my ball.

When I approached him he couldn't have been nicer and was thrilled that I wanted to include him as part of my collection (even Cal thought it was an unique piece to sign):]
Bill - all of the recent items posted have all been AWESOME!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
David,

Nice; definitely filled with stars.

Any recent pickups on the Lou Brock front?

Also, do you happen to know If Lou still does any signings? I have a small show poster that players have signed it with the exception of Lou.
I do not know about signings. I’ve got a couple of new items I’ll put up Monday
Old 05-10-2020, 05:20 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W View Post
I do not know about signings. I’ve got a couple of new items I’ll put up Monday
Look forward to it. I enjoyed following the Lou Brock thread; what a great guy and player.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:25 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Happy Mother's Day

Day 131 (May 10, 2020 – 131)

Happy Mother’s Day!

Back in the late 80’s Brooks was doing a signing at one of the local bookstores, may have been Books-A-Million, and I wanted to go and get something signed and of course meet Brooks. My mom went along with me since she was a Brooks fan as well (think my father was working and was disappointed he couldn’t go). A friend of mine wanted something signed by Brooks and couldn’t attend so I brought a few extra pictures and my mom told him she’d get it signed for him since she wasn’t going to get anything signed; just going to meet Brooks. I gave my mom an 8x10 for my buddy and when it was her turn to get the photo signed Brooks asked her something like, “Who would you like me to sign it to young lady?” My mom responds “Irene”, which is her name not my buddies. So funny; she said she was nervous meeting Brooks she forgot all about getting it signed for someone else. Great memory for me since my mom passed away in the mid 90’s from a disease called Scleroderma. I miss her; she was the best mom ever… I’m not really sure where the photo is, but I recall the moment like it was yesterday.

For Mother’s Day here’s a 5x7 snapshot type photo of Brooks at an event with his wife Connie and his mom Ethel Mae.

Day 131 Photo 1969 Tops in Sports Banquet VIP Room.jpg
Old 05-10-2020, 05:45 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Mark...

Great photo of Brooks and the special ladies in his life! Also enjoyed the story about your mom..........

Here is a Doug DeCinces game used hat from the mid 1970's along with wrist bands from the early 1980's:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-10-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:03 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
No. Jim Palmer is the only Van Heusen photo I have. They don't show up very often. I did find this Paul Blair from Sears Homelife.
Oh my goodness. I guess I need to go back and read through this thread. I have a Paul Blair player collection and had no idea this existed. I've got somewhere around 128 unique items and have identified 57 I don't have (though some of those are buybacks and cut autos, which I am not very interested in). I will add this to the list. I'm almost afraid to see what else on this thread I am going to need to add.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

We are back home in Maine for the summer. If I don't sound too excited, we were greeted with a couple inches of snow yesterday.

One of my summer projects is to better organize and display my collection. I've been granted permission to expand my area from the room that looked so big 40 yrs ago when we moved in. Hopefully some pics before we head back to Florida in October.

There was one familiar face to welcome me home.

DSCN2168.jpg

In 2007, Forever Collectibles produced a 3 ft bobblehead of Brooks Robinson. Since I love bobbles anyway, I had to have his 3 footer. It's numbered 38/100, but my understanding is that there may be fewer than that and the company made only what were pre-ordered. I also have a 3 ft Cal Ripken Jr which I see sometimes, but haven't seen many other Brooks Robinsons.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:28 AM
Alan Strout

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms in our lives. I'm thankful for my mom, my wife and my granchildren's mom. They are all special ladies.

Another special lady was my grandmother. Nana was the cook at my grammar school from grades 1-6. She would arrive at school about 5 AM each morning and cook lunches for 200-225 kids each day, all by herself. She loved children and they loved her. She hated to see food go to waste, so she had a rule that you could come back for seconds as long as you cleaned your plate. Everything back then was made from scratch. Boy were her rolls good.. When she retired, the school had to hire three cooks to replace her.

She didn't know much about baseball, except that I loved it. During my wood burning phase, I made this for her and she displayed it proudly. Miss you Nana.

DSCN2170.jpg DSCN2171.jpg
Old 05-10-2020, 10:33 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Mark...

Great photo of Brooks and the special ladies in his life! Also enjoyed the story about your mom..........

Here is a Doug DeCinces game used hat from the mid 1970's along with wrist bands from the early 1980's:]
Like the DeCinces GU hat. I always wonder why the Orioles had the cartoon bird kinda facing up on some of their hats.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:38 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
We are back home in Maine for the summer. If I don't sound too excited, we were greeted with a couple inches of snow yesterday.

One of my summer projects is to better organize and display my collection. I've been granted permission to expand my area from the room that looked so big 40 yrs ago when we moved in. Hopefully some pics before we head back to Florida in October.

There was one familiar face to welcome me home.
In 2007, Forever Collectibles produced a 3 ft bobblehead of Brooks Robinson. Since I love bobbles anyway, I had to have his 3 footer. It's numbered 38/100, but my understanding is that there may be fewer than that and the company made only what were pre-ordered. I also have a 3 ft Cal Ripken Jr which I see sometimes, but haven't seen many other Brooks Robinsons.
Glad to hear you guys arrived home safely.

Hopefully now we’ll get the before and after photos. My room is always in disarray especially now trying to go through stuff. The pictures of your room that I saw looked pretty organized from what I can remember.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Mike Magee

Good afternoon,

My mother always manages to help with my Orioles collection in the oddest ways. Pictured here is an ad from 2000 for Armour Stars hot dogs with Mike Mussina that my mother saved for me while I was away at college. I remember the two of us agreeing that it is the worst photo of Mussina ever. Moose was never one to fake interest in anything.

The mystery for me about this is that Armour released a 7-card set of players revolving around the Armour Stars brand but Mussina wasn't one of them. I've always wondered why that was. That was the winter he was in the process of signing with the Yankees, which occured on Dec. 7, 2000. This ad was in the Baltimore papers before then. None of the released cards (officially released in 2001) featured team logos however, so it couldn't have been that big of a problem.

Oh well, one of the strangest advertising pieces in my collection. Thanks Mom!

Armour Stars Mike Mussina ad.jpg

Bill, thank you for sharing those line-up cards from Cal's first game and first plate appearance. They are both amazing.

Also thank you for sharing the Nabisco point-of-purchase piece. I know I've mentioned before that my father worked for Nabisco and neither of us have that piece in our collection.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:02 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Oh my goodness. I guess I need to go back and read through this thread. I have a Paul Blair player collection and had no idea this existed. I've got somewhere around 128 unique items and have identified 57 I don't have (though some of those are buybacks and cut autos, which I am not very interested in). I will add this to the list. I'm almost afraid to see what else on this thread I am going to need to add.
Jeff,

Start sharing your Paul Blair items. I’m sure there are a few cool Blair items through the thread. I’m sure these guys on here could post more.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:04 PM
Clint

Great DeCinces hat Bill!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:05 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 132 (May 11, 2020 – 132)

The 1968 Atlantic Oil Play Ball Game Cards were produced to be used as an instant giveaway promotion. There were specific cards that were awarded a cash prize.

1968 Atlantic Oil – Instruction back

Day 132 a 1968 Atlantic Oil Instruction Back.jpg
Day 132 b 1968 Atlantic Oil Instruction Back back.jpg

1968 Atlantic Oil – Contest back

Day 132 c 1968 Atlantic Oil Play Ball Contest Card front.jpg
Day 132 d 1968 Atlantic Oil Play Ball Contest Card back.jpg

Of course, NOW I know there are variations…
Old 05-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Jeff,

Start sharing your Paul Blair items. I’m sure there are a few cool Blair items through the thread. I’m sure these guys on here could post more.
I came to have a Paul Blair PC by a fairly mundane process. I grew up a Yankees fan, but had a Wilson Paul Blair model fielders glove. I had put collecting aside as a young kid, but got back into it as an adult after reading about, and reading, the 83F blog about a persons quest to get build an autographed 1983 Fleer set. I decided to dip my toes back in and build a set of Paul Blair trading cards. I figured there was about 15 to 17 cards from his playing days. A quick trip to eBay disabused me of that notion. My first acquisition was this 1999 Fleer/SI Greats auto card:

The seller was local to Oklahoma City, so I arranged to pick it up at a card show. Roger Neufeldt was also at that show, and I managed to pick up a half dozen or so Topps cards from his playing days.

I think my favorite card is this 1994 Nabisco All-Star Legends:

You may be familiar with this set as a 4 card set issued through the mail which featured Bob Gibson, Duke Snider, Frank Robinson and Jim Palmer. The Blair card was only issued in person at local card shows and is quite a bit rarer than the 4 mentioned above. I can count on one hand the number of these cards that have shown up on eBay in the last 8 years. When they do, they seem to sell for $100 or more.

I actually have three, one of which I saw amongst a lot of 9 autographed Blair cards. The listing was poorly written and didn't detail out what individual cards were in there. So, unless you actually caught a glimpse of the Nabisco card in the image, you never would have known it was up for auction. I ended up winning the entire lot for $36 delivered.

EDIT: This was part of the 1994 Nabisco set, not 1993.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 05-11-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:52 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Alan....I'm sure your Nana cherished that Orioles wood burned sign you made for her!

Here is a somewhat unique Rawlings Gold Glove Gazette (Vol. 1/No. 1) from 1991...Not sure how many more came after this....Nice photos of Cal Jr., Brooks & Tony G. (who would have turned 60 over the weekend):

Old 05-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

In December 1983, a lady named Grace Eng was at a local mall doing family portraits for Christmas. My Christmas present that year was a portrait of Brooks Robinson, based on his 1977 team issued postcard. I was quite surprised and pleased.

DSCN2167.jpg 1977 Postcards 06-1.jpg
Old 05-11-2020, 10:14 AM
Mike Magee

Default Nabisco Paul Blair

Hi Jeff,

Great Nabisco Paul Blair card. As I've now mentioned too many times, my father worked for Nabisco but was unable to bring home any of the nine live appearance-only cards from the 1994 set. I still don't have any of those nine, they are quite hard to find.

There is also a Boog Powell card distributed the same way. Does anyone have that one to show?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Hi Jeff,

Great Nabisco Paul Blair card. As I've now mentioned too many times, my father worked for Nabisco but was unable to bring home any of the nine live appearance-only cards from the 1994 set. I still don't have any of those nine, they are quite hard to find.

There is also a Boog Powell card distributed the same way. Does anyone have that one to show?
Mike:

I never realized that these cards had any real value....I did meet McGraw at a Redner's Grocery Store that summer.

Anyone have a checklist?

Old 05-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Mike Magee

Default 1994 Nabisco

Hi Bill,

The live appearance-only cards were:

Al Oliver
Bill Mazeroski
Sparky Lyle
Tug McGraw
Jim Wynn
Paul Blair
Boog Powell
George Foster
Willie Horton
Old 05-12-2020, 02:05 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Paul Blair

I posted these Paul Blair snapshots on the other thread. Might as well have them here...

Snapshots Blair.jpg
Old 05-12-2020, 02:11 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 133 (May 12, 2020 – 133)

Coming off a World Series victory in 1983 the O’s were anticipating another great season. Here we have a large 1984 Orioles Schedule Calendar put out by Lowenbrau. As you can see, they used Magnum PI to do the batting pose for the cardboard calendar. Also, love the Orioles Walsh Bird logo with Baltimore Orioles World Champions; haven’t seen that in quite some time…

1984 Lowenbrau Orioles Schedule Calendar

Day 133 a Orioles 1984 Calendar.jpg

The year 1983 brings back some great memories. Here’s a small cardboard sign to get a FREE Orioles bumper sticker. Does anyone happen to have the bumper sticker from 1983?

Day 133 1983 Small Sign Bumper Sticker.jpg

Here’s an O’s pocket schedule for 1984 with a Brooks Busch ad on the back. I happen to have a scan with both the 1984 and 1985 pocket schedules, so you get two for one.

1984 Orioles pocket schedule

Day 133 b 1984 1985 Schedules.jpg
Day 133 c 1984 1985 Schedules back.jpg
Old 05-12-2020, 02:17 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Alan....I'm sure your Nana cherished that Orioles wood burned sign you made for her!

Here is a somewhat unique Rawlings Gold Glove Gazette (Vol. 1/No. 1) from 1991...Not sure how many more came after this....Nice photos of Cal Jr., Brooks & Tony G. (who would have turned 60 over the weekend):
Bill,

Nice! This is something that you posted that I "finally" already have in my collection.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:34 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson Collectors

While I really don't do the Facebook thing there's a group that recently went public called "The Brooks Robinson Collectors". I've been posting a few items that I already have posted in this thread. So, if you're a Brooks collector give it a shot if you'd like...
Old 05-12-2020, 05:21 AM
Mike Magee

Default Orioles Calendars and Posters

Good morning Mark,

I love collecting those large Oriole calendar displays. I don't have that 1984 one but I will definitely look for it now. The Tom Sellek rip-off is great.

Here is a 1981 Schlitz Calendar (the year Cal debuted):

1981 Orioles Calendar.jpg

And a 1988 Miller Lite Calendar (the year I started collecting):

1988 Orioles Calendar.jpg

And speaking of very 80's designs, here is the poster given away when Jim Palmer and Ken Singleton were inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame in 1986:

1986 Orioles HOF Poster.jpg
Old 05-12-2020, 06:16 AM
Bill H@e1ig

love the beer pieces!!

Old 05-12-2020, 06:29 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Here is Paul Blair's signed "game used" jersey from the Orioles very first Dream Week in the mid 1980's:

Old 05-12-2020, 11:31 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Good morning Mark,

I love collecting those large Oriole calendar displays. I don't have that 1984 one but I will definitely look for it now. The Tom Sellek rip-off is great.
Mike,

I'm a fan of the calendars myself even though I only have a few. I really like the one's you've posted. I try to find the vintage examples, but they are few and far between.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:33 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
love the beer pieces!!
That's GREAT! Wonder if they did any other ads related to his name and the Lowenbrau...
Old 05-12-2020, 11:38 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Here is Paul Blair's signed "game used" jersey from the Orioles very first Dream Week in the mid 1980's:
Man, that's a nice looking uni!
Old 05-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Alan Strout

Default 1969 Rochester Red Wings

I took a few photos this morning of some of the jerseys in my collection and will share them over the next few weeks. I wouldn't say I'm an huge equipment collector, but have picked up a couple dozen jerseys over the years.

Today is a jersey from the 1969 Rochester Red Wings. Mike Ferraro wore number 6 during the season. I also have some pants from 1969 with #25 written in them. I just have to find them. The pants could have been Fred Valentine's. You don't see many older minor league jerseys show up, since stuff was reused and reused.

DSCN2174.jpg DSCN2175.jpg
Old 05-13-2020, 01:53 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
I took a few photos this morning of some of the jerseys in my collection and will share them over the next few weeks. I wouldn't say I'm an huge equipment collector, but have picked up a couple dozen jerseys over the years.

Today is a jersey from the 1969 Rochester Red Wings. Mike Ferraro wore number 6 during the season. I also have some pants from 1969 with #25 written in them. I just have to find them. The pants could have been Fred Valentine's. You don't see many older minor league jerseys show up, since stuff was reused and reused.
Alan,

Very nice. You're right you don't see many minor league jerseys and that is a nice looking flannel.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:58 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 134 (May 13, 2020 – 134)

Probably most people haven’t heard of Jack Zanger who was an associate editor for SPORT magazine and was a founding editor for Golf magazine as well as Ski Life magazine. This was before going into being a free-lance sportswriter and author. One of the books that Jack Zanger wrote was a biography entitled, “The Brooks Robinson Story”. This book was written after the sweep of the 1966 World Series, but mainly focuses on Brooks’ playing days in Little Rock and why he spent the first five years going back and forth between the majors and minors. As some of you know most of the shuffling from majors to minors had to do with injuries Brooks sustained while playing ball. Unfortunately, Jack died of a brain tumor at the young age of 43.

1967 “The Brooks Robinson Story” by Jack Zanger

Day 134 a Book 1967 The Brooks Robinson Story.jpg

Thought I’d include a photograph of Brooks that was used for the cover of the book, “The Brooks Robinson Story”. I think it’s likely Jack used this photo since, as mentioned above, he was associate editor for SPORT magazine.

1957 SPORT photograph taken 3-13-57

Day 134 b Photo Zanger Front.jpg
Day 134 c Photo Zanger Back.jpg
Old 05-13-2020, 02:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy)

1954 Wichita Indians - Orioles minor league affiliate.

1954 f.jpg
1954 p.jpg
Old 05-13-2020, 06:39 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:

1954 Wichita Indians - Orioles minor league affiliate.

Attachment 399584
Attachment 399585
Clint,

Now that's a cool minor league uniform..
Old 05-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Alan Strout

Default 1961 Orioles Uniform

This is the earliest Orioles uniform in my collection. It's a 1961 Orioles road grey. I love the O's uniforms from that era. Both Jim Lehew and John Papa wore #39 during the season and I can't connect it definitely to one or the other. Perhaps both players wore it at some point. Either way, not big time Orioles players, but I glad to have an example for my collection.

1961 JerseyRoad Grey #39 (John Papa) A.jpg 1961 JerseyRoad Grey #39 (John Papa) B.jpg

Lehew, Jim 1.jpg

Maybe that's my uniform in the John Papa photo

Papa, John 1.jpg
Old 05-13-2020, 06:54 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Mark:

Did you note that the Indians player sliding into Brooks in that cover photo was Joe Altobelli?

Clint...Great Wichita jersey with the Chief Wahoo patch!

Alan..Love the Orioles Flannel with the Laughing Bird Patch too!

The 1980 Charlotte Orioles (led by a young Cal Ripken Jr.) won the AA Southern League & were managed by Jimmy Williams, who the next season moved up to the Orioles as their First Base coach and spent the rest of his career there (earning a World Series Ring along the way):

Here is his signed jersey from that 1980 season (obtained directly from him):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-13-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:04 AM
Mike Dugan

Alan I am really impressed with your organization project. Sadly I am the counter Alan, I am so disorganized and piled up right now! I am also so impressed with everyone's Brooks memorabilia, being an Arkansan we still think Brooks is the King of Baseball.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:25 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Question

Quote:
Hi Bill,

The live appearance-only cards were:

Al Oliver
Bill Mazeroski
Sparky Lyle
Tug McGraw
Jim Wynn
Paul Blair
Boog Powell
George Foster
Willie Horton
Was this the same situation with 93 set only with different players?
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:22 AM
Clint

Alan thank you. I love the Oriole road flannels and Need to get one someday.

Bill thank you. Do you have any Cal Jr minor league jerseys? I’ve seen one from Rochester in an auction and that’s it.

Mark, love the photo matching the dust jacket. Very cool.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post

Bill thank you. Do you have any Cal Jr minor league jerseys? I’ve seen one from Rochester in an auction and that’s it.
Clint:

No Cal's unfortunately, but I do own Bill's home & road Rochester tops from 1987 (plus a couple other MiLB ones).....I'll post more down the road:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-13-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:13 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
This is the earliest Orioles uniform in my collection. It's a 1961 Orioles road grey. I love the O's uniforms from that era. Both Jim Lehew and John Papa wore #39 during the season and I can't connect it definitely to one or the other. Perhaps both players wore it at some point. Either way, not big time Orioles players, but I glad to have an example for my collection.
Alan,

Very nice flannel. One of my favorite patches is on there...
Old 05-13-2020, 03:15 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Mark:

Did you note that the Indians player sliding into Brooks in that cover photo was Joe Altobelli?
I didn't know it was Joe sliding until I purchased the picture years ago. I wasn't sure anyone would notice, but that's why I pictured the back of the photo to see if anyone would catch it.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:16 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Clint:

No Cal's unfortunately, but I do own Bill's home & road Rochester tops from 1987 (plus a couple other MiLB ones).....I'll post more down the road:

Bill,

That's a great looking jersey!
Old 05-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Clint

Nice Bill! Rochester had some great looking jerseys throughout the years.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:40 AM
M@rk Comer

Another cool Witchita piece. A 1955 Witchita Indians duffle bag used by Steve Molinari.

Wichita Duffle Bag.jpg
Old 05-14-2020, 01:46 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 135 (May 14, 2020 – 135)

The Exhibit Supply Company of Chicago issued cards since the early 20’s and today I’ve pictured a Brooks Exhibit card from 1963. In 1963 there was a set of 64 Stat Back cards that had the statistics on the back in red.

I typically don’t collect variations, but my understanding is there are a few different tints on these 1963 Exhibit Stat Back cards. From what I have read in the past there are possibly three tints (Red, B&W and Sepia). Who knows; I just like the cards, but if any of you have any further input or corrections please bring them up.

1963 Exhibit Stat Back

Day 135 1963 a Exhibit Stat Back.jpg
Day 135 1963 b Exhibit Stat Back back.jpg

1963 Exhibit Stat back signed

Day 135 1963 c Exhibit Stat Back signed.jpg