NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Banned

Default Lol...

Well actually i just got home because i was helping a basketball player try out for a college team because he could not speak English nor did he have any connections and Whoaaaaa....GASP- i am friends with the head coach and actually got the kid a shot at achieving his dream.

Carrigan's ghost......bro you truly are borderline retarded because everyone knows i am going to post a 4 figure card because i said that is what i intend on doing. Having said that my plan has changed a little.

I was going to post a rare and very difficult card but it would have cut out set collectors so i thought hmmmmmm change gears. I will be sending out a card to be graded shortly that will be a very big card no matter how it comes back. The card will without a doubt be the best card offered on the Net54 auction card side unless i have missed something and if i have i'm quite sure the merry band will point that out to me. Also what i will do is up the ante to 10% for the families of 911 charity and also 10% of a charity that Rambo can select and i trust he knows of one that is legit and that the money goes to where it is intended. There will be no reserve in my auction because i believe reserves are for wusses and for me they are a total turn off, i refuse to take part in any auction where there is a reserve in regards to a baseball card.

A truly great card will hold it's own and not need a reserve and that is a fact.
To get everyone in the mood i am going to put a cool card up right now that is one of the finest examples of it on both pop reports.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Marshall Marshall Marshall. How in Hades will these taunts help draw bids? (BTW, we're a society here and the term is "mentally challenged".)

Your wild throw is in the dugout on this one. Ive met Rawn and his lovely lady upcountry some time ago. He's the most normal of the lot of us here, not to mention quite generous. (also owns some premier BA material) Of course he can handle you, but Im telling you to back off or youll reawaken the stallion.

Focus., Now get over to the auction, appears to be a little snafu.

Last edited by Ladder7; 08-26-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Banned

Default Lol.....

Really lads it's all good and politically correct is not my bag. The Jess Haines card is just a teaser for things to come. Their is a certain card that is being sent in to be graded and when it returns it will go on the block. Also note Rambo that i have now thrown you into the mix with the charity of your choice at 10% so that will be 20% of the auction will go to charity.

All of the facts will be posted in regards to both charities when i auction off the card. I wanted to choose a card that has a wider appeal based on all factors.

Carrigan's ghost......bro i never take anything serious when it comes to horsing around so neither should anyone else. When i get the card back from grading i'll let both you and Steve know when it's going to hit the block.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Greg T.

Nice to see the memorabilia side being tarnished once again by an immature individual who uses profanity and calls people names. Refresh my memory on why this is tolerated here?

Dick, I would like to get your opinion on the possibility of removing some glue marks which are really detracting the appearance of a unique turn of the century brewery trade card I have. I'll email you when I get home and will include a photo of the piece to get your opinion on what can be done for it.

All the best,

Greg Theberge
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Rawn Hill

Nice to have a real collector back to the board, Greg. Please show us some new pickups to get away from the soaps going on around here.

Rawn
Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Greg T.

Hey Rawn,

Unfortunately, no new baseball pickups, bit did pick up an amazing turn of the century reverse on glass brewery sign and some (24+) ultra-rare beer bottles from 1895-1935 with their original paper labels. The baseball stuff has been bone dry I'm afraid.

Greg
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Rawn Hill

OK Please tell me that someone had the honor of emptying the bottles. Nothing sadder that a beer that never lived up to the hype.

Rawn
Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Greg T.

All empty Rawn...

Somebody long dead enjoyed them quite a while ago.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Michael S

[QUOTE=HiNeighbor;746762]Nice to see the memorabilia side being tarnished once again by an immature individual who uses profanity and calls people names. Refresh my memory on why this is tolerated here?

Well put Greg. And I second the statment that Rawn is one of the most generous/genuine collector or person that I have ever dealt with.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Rawn Hill

<<<<< blushes, just a fellow collector.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 09-01-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 PM
David McDonald

Stand, and drink a toast once again
Let every loyal Maine man sing

PS. Rawn: Just checked out your Photobucket site. Let's work out a trade for your M116 Auth for my Rough PSA7. He belongs in Maine, not Hawaii.

Last edited by Kawika; 09-01-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Rawn Hill

I didn't attend the world renown UMO, but I have tilted a beer or two in Orono.

Rawn
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiNeighbor View Post
Hey Rawn,

Unfortunately, no new baseball pickups, bit did pick up an amazing turn of the century reverse on glass brewery sign and some (24+) ultra-rare beer bottles from 1895-1935 with their original paper labels. The baseball stuff has been bone dry I'm afraid.

Greg
Greg, I have an unopened bottle of Blatz beer that I believe may be pre-prohibition....is there any way to tell and what kind of value might it have? The label is not in the best of shape...I'll have to take a pic and send it to you.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Greg T.

Dan,

Shoot me a pic and I MIGHT be able to tell. New England is more my specialty, but there are a lot of characteristics that will tell if it's before 1920 or not. If it mentions anywhere "IRTP" or "Internal Revenue Tax Paid" that would place the bottle between 1933 and 1950. It it doesn't, the bottle is either pre-pro, or after 1950, but the fifties bottles are pretty easy to determine. Unfortunately, itt might not have much of a value seeing that it was a large company and it's not in good shape, but who knows.

Greg
Old 09-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Barry Sloate

David- may I please have a taste of the Chamberlain Pale Ale? Thank you
Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Dan Bretta

Some pics...the last pic is just a few of the unopened beer bottles I've come across at auctions over the years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beer 002.jpg (71.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg beer 003.jpg (74.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg beer 004.jpg (78.0 KB, 116 views)
Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Greg T.

Dan,
The Blatz does look pre-1920 to me, although condition is a factor. The rest of the bottles are much later.

All the best,
Greg
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

That's terrific, my second favorite general Josh Chamberlain, the "Lion of Little Round Top" has his own brew.

An offensive bayonet charge vs rebel musket., What!? And it was highly effective. His life is an inspiring story. Thanks for posting.