NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Ain't no ray of sunshine

Ray

We doubt you have any items that meet our standards.

And when you pass, and your collection is offered for sale,
we will, in fact be able to cherry pick want we want, should there
be some heretofore unknown item for our museum quality collection

Hope you and Keith are forever suspended.

Bruce

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 11-05-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
And when you pass, and your collection is offered for sale,
we will, in fact be able to cherry pick want we want,

Bruce

Bruce,

My understanding was that your health was so poor that it was you who was circling the drain, both physically and financially.

Glad to hear you're feeling, and doing, better!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
R@y H0lmes

And people wonder why some people would rather find other baseball card boards to use.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholmes View Post
And people wonder why some people would rather find other baseball card boards to use.
Ray - don't judge the board by one idiot.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ray - don't judge the board by one idiot.

Ray,

What Matt said.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:26 PM

After reading some of your posts, I just have to ask....exactly how many..."WE's" live in that head of yours? And why do you post your opinions on these type of topics on a forum that has cards, sports and memorabilia as the primary focus? I have no idea who you are but apparently several other forum members do. Make a positive contribution to this forum toward the hobby or go elsewhere with your drama!

Last edited by k-dog; 11-05-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

"...would we are sure buy a 19th century card on your want list...if Bid Ladden was the seller. So let's call a spade a spade."

"Remember you paid us a record price for a Kalamazzo Bat Team card of Pittsburgh."

I guess you proved your point
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholmes View Post
Is there a good one you can reference (one without Bruce) ? I would like to check it out.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Barry Sloate

The great people at Fox.....Blecch! Come on Bruce, let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited by barrysloate; 11-05-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Jerk

Bruce- "WE" all think that these boards are the wrong place for your nonsense. Why not post over at the Rush Limbaugh forums?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Bruce- "WE" all think that these boards are the wrong place for your nonsense. Why not post over at the Rush Limbaugh forums?
Does anyone know What Rush collects?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default going against the grain.....again

Well, I was out yesterday when this thread started. I am going to go against the grain here. I think Bruce was within his rights to post the thread and comments he posted. While I don't want to get political, or have the board get political, Keith O is a great collector, regardless of his political views and this is certainly newsworthy stuff in my opinion. I will probably get lambasted for my thoughts on this subject but that is ok. Folks will know how I feel. I feel that as long as it has to do with vintage cards then it can be talked about on the board. I probably wouldn't have even moved this thread but since another moderator did, then so be it. I won't reverse that decision by a colleague.

How freaking stale of a place would this be if the mods were censoring stuff all of the time. How can you know if you disagree with someone, or think they are an idiot , if we don't let them express themselves? "Disagreement" makes the world go around, and there will be a lot of it in this thread, no doubt. If someone thinks this board sucks because this thread is let go, well, that is their right to say that too. In a thread like this I doubt the participants can stay private if they make strong statements, but other than that, I see no big problem with it. As far as Keith making contributions to a political candidate that is between him and his company that he is contracted to work for. I have always had good dealings with him and consider him another fine collector. I have different political views than many of my good friends on the board but that doesn't mean we aren't friends. Friends can disagree with each other and still be civil. I hope that is the way the thread goes. Those are my thoughts as of now but I reserve the right to hear arguments and change my mind if I am persuaded to. best regards

BTW, I do disagree with Bruce's thoughts, I just prefer to let him express them.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Rich v@n He$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Does anyone know What Rush collects?
Vicodin.

(sorry - low hanging fruit and this thread has already ...uhhh... been tarnished)
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Hank Thomas

Default Free to speak, inappropriate forum

"Yankee 51" is free to express his opinions, of course. And I am free to reply that he is a fool, and a rude one at that.
Hank Thomas
Old 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Ke.n K0hen

Does anyone know if Olbermann has a particular focus to his collecting?

And Hank, you behave yourself.

Ken
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcohen View Post
Does anyone know if Olbermann has a particular focus to his collecting?

And Hank, you behave yourself.

Ken

Ken,

I have sold Keith some cards in the past. His "focus" seems to be very widespread. He has an extensive collection in all areas, from vintage to modern. He was truly a very nice guy to deal with. He hates to mix politics and the hobby.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:08 AM

Damn it! Ever since Olbermann bought a couple of high grade pieces from me I've been trying to hook him with some of my ebay listings. Such is life...
Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 AM
leo

"He hates to mix politics and the hobby"

hear hear!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Jeff

Bruce is provocateur, he posts most often for the purpose of getting a reaction. Many take the bait. In this instance he is reveling in someone's misfortune bc that person is on the opposite side of the political spectrum from him. I don't give a rat's patoot if you ban/punish him or not. The best medicine is to ignore him for it is the attention/reaction he seeks most.

As an aside for MSNBC to get self righteous about one of their commentators making a political donation is inane. No one considers these people, regeardless of the network, to be impartial newspeople. As pointed out these folks are entertainers plain and simple.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 11-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Jay -

Jay

It is free country. We, for example, never worked for scandal ridden company that nearly brought the economy to its knees.

We simply reported the facts about a well-know collector.

And you who are so quick to call someone a jerk, would we are sure buy a 19th century card on your want list...if Bid Ladden was the seller. So let's call a spade a spade.

You have a great collection, but when it comes to great cards, politics goes out the window. Remember you paid us a record price for a Kalamazzo Bat Team card of Pittsburgh.

Finally, we never call Keith a jerk, we simply indicated that we were pleased to see that NBC has silenced his voice for breaking the very rules he attacked
the great people at Fox.

And it would be nice if there was less competition in themarketplace. Time to stick to trading and basbeall cards. And do what is RIGHT for America!

Bruce
Old 11-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Jay

It is free country. We, for example, never worked for scandal ridden company that nearly brought the economy to its knees.

I, for one, want to know more about this board member who brought the economy "to its knees!"

That's powerful stuff. (And I'm sorry if I made fun of you for the "jerk" comment. I didn't mean it. Please don't hurt me!)

Quote:
And it would be nice if there was less competition in themarketplace. Time to stick to trading and basbeall cards. And do what is RIGHT for America!

Bruce

In reflection, this is one of the funniest lines ever. The irony is too thick to cut.

Last edited by Jim VB; 11-08-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Dan Bretta

I say good riddance...Bruce may have contributed the occasional interesting post, but he almost always ruined it in some way, and I can guarantee his ulterior motive for most of his posts was to find a seller for something he coveted. And if you ever help the guy out don't expect any thank you from him.. He can claim he was being attacked, but for the most part he gave as good as he got, and frankly anyone who posts on a message board in the royal "We" is just asking for it. He is without doubt the rudest member this forum has ever had.

I also think it's hilarious that he threatens Leon with legal action for banning him on a message forum THAT LEON OWNS. Doesn't Bruce believe in property rights???
Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Barry Sloate

Bruce of course won't sue Leon because he has no case. But what seems clear is that if Leon lets him back on the board, it will be business as usual, with Bruce treating everyone rudely he doesn't like. I would welcome him back if he agreed to take a different approach, but he won't.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Tom Boblitt

No....the funniest part of this thread was Bruce telling Jay Miller he'd (Jay) buy a card from Bin Laden if he needed it on one breath and then immediately telling Jay that he'd paid Bruce a record price for a Kalamazoo Bats team cabinet to which Jay replied that Bruce had proved his point in his own post. THAT was humor you just can't make up.

Congrats to Olbermann......guess he can put that ramen noodle soup back to the back of his pantry. Break out the Progresso............
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
But what seems clear is that if Leon lets him back on the board, it will be business as usual, with Bruce treating everyone rudely he doesn't like.

Barry,

I've been meaning to speak with you about sentence structure.