NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-20-2023, 12:41 PM
Joe Drelich

Default CSA Chantilly VA show is this weeekend 10/20-10/22 FREE admission Sunday for Net54

Tired of looking at blurry scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, October 20-22nd. and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash and carry deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 27th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. Shop 130,000+ square feet of sports card heaven and parking is FREE ! We have dealers from 23 different states exhibiting on 500+ tables with an awesome display of vintage cards, modern cards, unopened
boxes, cases, autographs, memorabilia, supplies, etc. we have 45 autograph guests covering all major sports & celebrity, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and autograph guests that you can see on our website: www.csashows.com.
CSA Shows has a special offer for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off this page and bring it to the admission counter or have a screen shot of this on your phone. As a Net54 member you will get in for FREE on Sunday October 22nd from 10am-4pm

CASH Giveaways: We are giving away from $20 to $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly throughout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here and let the Net54 community know!
Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 10-20-2023, 08:03 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Looking forward to going. Hoping to be there Sat and Sunday.

Glad to see some baseball guys signing autographs this time around.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 10-20-2023, 09:01 PM
Val Kehl

Being the frugal guy (or cheapskate) that I am, had Joe D. posted this kind offer a little bit earlier, I would have gone to the Chantilly Show on Sunday instead of today and had much less traffic to contend with. Sigh!
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 10-21-2023, 08:43 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Being the frugal guy (or cheapskate) that I am, had Joe D. posted this kind offer a little bit earlier, I would have gone to the Chantilly Show on Sunday instead of today and had much less traffic to contend with. Sigh!
How about a report, Val? Do you eat at Willard's?
Old 10-21-2023, 11:48 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
How about a report, Val? Do you eat at Willard's?
Hi Hank,
I didn't have the opportunity this time to eat at Willard's Real Pit BBQ, which is a 3-minute walk from the Show venue and is located across from Chick-fil-A at the intersection of Willard Road and the service road leading to parking area for the Show. If you are a BBQ fan, you won't regret going to Willard's! https://www.dcbbq.com/menu-1

The Show seemed comparable to recent shows - pretty much the same dealers with pre-War cards. There was one new dealer by the name of Alex with lots of fantastic vintage, including manyT205s and T206s of Cobb and a large display of beautiful S74 Silks; his tables are next to Scott Russell's (the Collector Connection Auctions) tables and close to SGC's set up.

With my pre-War collecting focuses being rather narrow, I knew my chances of finding something I had to have were slim and none, and none it was. But, it's always fun to go to this Show (I live only about 10 miles away), and I did give SGC some cards to grade.

Our favotite TV star, Dan Mckee, was set up with his usual display of incredible pre-War cards. Knowing Dan has a superb collection of WaJo cards, I mentioned to Dan that one of the cards I had just dropped off at SGC is a W551 with the rare Wool's American-Maid Bread back of WaJo (pic below). I got this card at a local card show about 30 years ago, and I have long happily believed it to be a 1-of-1 card, as there aren't any in the pop reports. When Dan casually responded that he also had a raw example of this card, you could have knocked me over with a feather! The lesson I learned is to not believe that any of my cards are 1-of-1s until I have checked with Dan!
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 10-21-2023, 12:14 PM

I went yesterday and today. Show was real solid. Lots of good vintage. I cut a deal on this. Lots of the same dealers and saw a number of Net54 people. Val, I am sorry I missed you- I would have loved to catch up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0252.jpg (185.2 KB, 213 views)
Old 10-21-2023, 01:13 PM
Drew W@i$e

I went today and bought a few raw lots. Show attendance was so so, compared to other show.

I talked to a few dealers, asked how the show was going. All the same response, not as good as before. There seemed to be an air of lamenting. Interesting to see how the rest of the year goes.
Old 10-21-2023, 01:45 PM
Phil Garry

Great Wagner card, Ryan. Congrats!
Old 10-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Michael Padilla

Awesome Wagner Ryan, would love to have one of those someday!
Old 10-21-2023, 02:39 PM

Thanks guys. I still need to pay for it Monday when the banks open! Did the deal with William Chappell, who is a great dealer and a good guy. We have done numerous transactions. He is at ever Chantilly (and Philly) show.

I love this Wagner the most bc it’s the closest there is to the t206 - same pose, facing correct direction, yellow background, equally rare (less than 70 graded)
Old 10-21-2023, 03:07 PM
Patrick

Went on Friday and had a good time. Saw lots of friends including some net54 folks! Was able to pick up a 3 cards for my senators T206 team set. Great show as always
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20231021_001409853.MP.jpg (215.5 KB, 190 views)

1956 Topps (97/340)
1950 Bowman (178/252)
Virginia T206 SLers (11/12)
T210 Richmond Colts (17/18)
T206 Washington Senators (14/19)
T205 Washington Senators (3/9)
Richmond and Virginia pre war minor leaguers
Old 10-21-2023, 04:02 PM
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I went yesterday and today. Show was real solid. Lots of good vintage. I cut a deal on this. Lots of the same dealers and saw a number of Net54 people. Val, I am sorry I missed you- I would have loved to catch up.

Nice to see you these past two days, Ryan.

Glad you were able to make the deal!

Such a killer card
Old 10-22-2023, 02:51 AM
Jeff P

I went on Friday and met up with some football guys for dinner at Willard's afterward. Can't beat it!

Overall I thought the show was pretty standard. Saw some nice vintage items and also had a chance to catch up with old friends. Picked up a few things for the collection too.

I don't know about others but I greatly prefer when the show producers give Net54 members a deal on Friday attendance instead of Sunday. Particularly when the show is during football season!

jeff
Old 10-22-2023, 10:40 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Thanks guys. I still need to pay for it Monday when the banks open! Did the deal with William Chappell, who is a great dealer and a good guy. We have done numerous transactions. He is at ever Chantilly (and Philly) show.

I love this Wagner the most bc it’s the closest there is to the t206 - same pose, facing correct direction, yellow background, equally rare (less than 70 graded)
Congrats on this purchase.

William is indeed one of the truly good guys in the hobby as I have known him since he lived in Charlotte and did the Carowinds Outlet Mall monthly show about 25 or so years ago.

He always has fantastic inventory and sells at reasonable prices.

Last edited by rand1com; 10-22-2023 at 10:41 AM. Reason: content