NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 10-09-2023, 04:10 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Looks like CGC "experts" grade fake cards too!!!

CGC graded a completely and easily spotted fake 1955 Johnston Cookies Aaron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0Z4Wbo_XE

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

A different sized card AND a power-erased area on the back where the reprint legend was removed. Shameful.

What's the odds of CGC reimbursing the buyer and getting this abomination off the market?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-10-2023 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Looks like CGC "experts" grade fake cards too!!!

Interesting. I remember an older post where I think it was Beckett that had slabbed an obviously fake ‘67 Seaver RC.

People to continue to read way too much into grading. As long as it remains an endeavor of the human eye, this kind of thing will continue to happen - even if it is increasingly rare. All the talk about AI accurately grading cards soon may be popular, but I’ve yet to see outside of fairly routine automated tasks (computing centering, for example) how AI can accurately intertwine a technical analysis with eye appeal the way a human grader can. So unless I’m missing something, treating grading more as one person’s or one entity’s opinion makes a lot more sense than so many today who seem to rely on it as the end-all, be-all prounoucement of a collectible’s worth.

CSG should totally reimburse whoever bought that. I’m not sure if they have a guarantee or not, but that would be the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 10-10-2023 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:15 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

I guess there’s some comfort in knowing that none of the TPGs are immune to being hoodwinked.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 10-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Interesting video, clearly the original CSG grader did not know what he was doing, I'm not sure we can expect 100% accuracy from any TPG.
I was impressed by the quick reaction from CSG though and a little perplexed by his comment "Andy Broome sent me a message on Saturday but I'm still waiting to hear from customer service".
Dude, you realize Andy Broome is the most experienced pre-war grader in the world right? And he takes time out on a Saturday to message you? Clearly Andy is prioritizing this issue, and you're waiting for some flunky from customer service to message you?
I hope they make you whole and if Andy is involved I assume they will somehow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 10-11-2023 at 07:48 AM.