NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 01-05-2023, 03:53 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Thumbs up Go Johnny Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As I said above, I couldn't care less how "good" he actually was. When you can generate joy like this, that's what matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swgiM9vSEE&t=0s
Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
Chuck Berry and of course his greatest disciple and king of the riff Keith Richards!
I'm a horny guy (tenor sax), but seeing Chuck live was a treat.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:57 AM

Johnny Marr of The Smiths
Old 01-05-2023, 06:44 PM
Bob C.

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I'm a horny guy (tenor sax), but seeing Chuck live was a treat.
Frank, I couldn't agree with you more! Glad to hear you had a chance to see him live.

Got lucky enough to catch him at an oddball, late-afternoon/early evening performance at the Tower City complex in downtown Cleveland. In other words, in one of the lower levels of the Terminal Tower building on Cleveland's Public Square. (Cleveland - The only city in the world with a Tower that is Terminal, overlooking a Lake that is Erie!) That was on March 21, 1986, and was called the Moondog Coronation Ball II (held on the 34th anniversary of the original Moondog Coronation Ball emceed by Cleveland disc jockey Alan Freed who is credited with first coining the term rock-n-roll in regard to the music being played) and was one of the reasons the Rock-N-Roll HOF ended up in Cleveland. About 3,500 people actually attended, and I was lucky to be one of them.

It was one of those concerts/performances he was so famous for where he just shows up and then pulls his guitar out of its case and jumps onstage to join the supporting backup band he's never met or played with before, and whose only prerequisite is to supposedly know Chuck Berry's greatest hits. Was just an open floor, with no seats, and a makeshift stage that was obviously just thrown together and quickly taken apart after the show was done. (And Eric Carmen of the Raspberries was the opening act.) No fancy venue or acoustics, and was more like attending a high school dance at your local school gym. But for all the things that were just slapped together and could go wrong with such a questionable location and backing band, damn, could that man play, perform, and put on a show. To really appreciate Chuck Berry, you had to see and hear him perform live. There may be faster, tighter, sharper, and overall more gifted and talented guitarists in the world, but when he's duckwalking across the stage while playing "Johnny Be Good", there is nothing in the entire history and realm of rock-n-roll that ever has, nor ever will, equal, let alone exceed it.......PERIOD!

I have never thought of or considered Elvis as the king of rock-n-roll. And forget Bill Hailey and the Comets, "Rock Around the Clock", and everything and everyone else being the first of anything. Rock-n-roll truly only began with one man, and one man alone.......Chuck Berry!

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...at-chuck-berry
Old 01-05-2023, 07:19 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCooFKk3c

Suddenly at 3:30 into the song a guy in a red hat steps forward and channels Jimi Hendrix. I was never a huge fan but he sure could play!

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears