NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-15-2022, 04:33 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
NIH releases Covid health guidance. Christine Grady is the Chief of bioethics. She is also Anthony Fauci's wife. Think the pillow talk is strictly romantic, or a few guidelines are discussed?
Who knows, maybe they discuss baseball cards...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 6.29.29 PM.jpg (99.3 KB, 170 views)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 08-15-2022, 04:59 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Feelings have a lot to do with people's ideas, as well as they way they consider "logic" and "facts"–what is logical to some is not to others, and of course, facts are not facts to many in our current climate.
If you've ever worked in computer software development, as one example, you'd know that the best solutions derive from facts and a logical methodology, where "best idea wins." Feelings and emotions should be set aside.

When discussing the policies that govern a nation, the same should apply, beginning with the adherence and respect for law (the Constitution being the ultimate law in this country.)

Some facts may be denied but that doesn't mean they aren't facts.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Can any agree at least the narratives have narrowed?

Scott Gottlieb former US FDA commissioner appoint to board of directors at Pfizer. FDA approved Pfizer as the 1st Mrna vaccine on the market.

NIH releases Covid health guidance. Christine Grady is the Chief of bioethics. She is also Anthony Fauci's wife. Think the pillow talk is strictly romantic, or a few guidelines are discussed?

If there is some rational argument these 2 people dont have ulterior motives, I'd like to hear it!
Potential conflicts of interest are frequently an issue with the FDA, not necessarily because people are nefarious, but because it's damn hard to find anyone really qualified to serve on FDA review panels who doesn't have some affiliation with a drug company. I am not sure what the alternative is.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-15-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:32 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Potential conflicts of interest are frequently an issue with the FDA, not necessarily because people are nefarious, but because it's damn hard to find anyone really qualified to serve on FDA review panels who doesn't have some affiliation with a drug company. I am not sure what the alternative is.
Pfizer also happens to be the largest pharma research and largest pharma company period. Trump touted from early on that they were ahead. It’s not surprising.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

BTW are people still espousing the theory that C19 is really caused by 5G cell masts, not the virus? I remember people adamantly making that claim in the early days of the pandemic. Some rogue M.D. even wrote a book to that effect. And I remember Dr.(perhaps now former Dr.) Kelly Brogan, an anti-vaccine leader from way back, insisting illness (not just C19, but illness in general) was not spread by "germs." Or have we moved on?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Pfizer also happens to be the largest pharma research and largest pharma company period. Trump touted from early on that they were ahead. It’s not surprising.
Right, in a capitalist society you would expect private companies to have the most expertise. Is it a perfect system, of course not, and the recent approval of an Alzheimer drug that seemed to perform poorly in clinical trials did raise questions. But what's the alternative? If everyone with a potential conflict recused him or herself you might never have a good panel.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-15-2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:43 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
BTW are people still espousing the theory that C19 is really caused by 5G cell masts, not the virus? I remember people adamantly making that claim in the early days of the pandemic. Some rogue M.D. even wrote a book to that effect. And I remember Dr.(perhaps now former Dr.) Kelly Brogan, an anti-vaccine leader from way back, insisting illness (not just C19, but illness in general) was not spread by "germs." Or have we moved on?
Some haven't, as it looks like these people still occupy your "news source"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-15-2022, 05:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Some haven't, as it looks like these people still occupy your "news source"
Some scary disinformation out there, and I recognize it's not ALL on one side.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:19 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
If you've ever worked in computer software development, as one example, you'd know that the best solutions derive from facts and a logical methodology, where "best idea wins." Feelings and emotions should be set aside.

When discussing the policies that govern a nation, the same should apply, beginning with the adherence and respect for law (the Constitution being the ultimate law in this country.)

Some facts may be denied but that doesn't mean they aren't facts.
Well, presumably a team of software developers has a shared goal; I don't believe the same can be said of Americans these days.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 08-15-2022, 07:40 PM
D@le Irv*n

Chairman and CEO of Pfizer received 4 doses and caught covid anyways.
You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
Now, like a good CEO is supposed to do, he is now peddling Paxlovid.
When are people going to wake up?
https://twitter.com/AlbertBourla/sta...45992594784256
Old 08-15-2022, 07:46 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
A thinking person wants to receive as many inputs (differing views) as possible, in order to form and modify opinions. It's called "learning."

And if someone is caustic, abrasive, etc., so what? So is Kojak. Ideas, logic, and facts are what should matter, not feelings.
Exactly this. I've never, despite being called all sorts of names in those other threads, with CDN Forest Gump being my favorite , put anyone on ignore.
Truthfully, however, I've never really been attacked so to speak, at least not, imo, but if I were, I suppose the option could come in handy?

But all that aside, people need to lighten up and/or toughen up as it is just the internet after all.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:48 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Chairman and CEO of Pfizer received 4 doses and caught covid anyways.
You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
Now, like a good CEO is supposed to do, he is now peddling Paxlovid.
When are people going to wake up?
https://twitter.com/AlbertBourla/sta...45992594784256
It doesn’t prevent you from getting it. Helps prevent you from dying. Apparently it worked for him?
Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
It doesn’t prevent you from getting it. Helps prevent you from dying. Apparently it worked for him?
In fairness I think a couple of points are relevant here. First, I do think some of the early discussions of herd immunity were pretty unrealistic given the nature of coronaviruses. I am not prepared to say they were disingenuous but I would say misleading. The best case scenario in my view was always preventing deaths and serious hospitalizations, and of course that itself would be an enormous and sufficient accomplishment given where we were. Someday when hopefully we are in a calmer space maybe someone will analyze how herd immunity was oversold.

Second, there seems little question that the vaccine was hugely effective against the wild virus and Delta in preventing deaths and serious hospitalizations. Not 100 percent of course, but powerful, a very powerful weapon with not a lot of (but as always some) risk. People who don't at least acknowledge this are playing ostrich I believe and or are too jaded and radicalized to be objective. And yes, I use that word intentionally, sorry to say.

Finally, personally, I am less convinced the boosters have much of an additive effect against omicron. Just my impression from study and glad to be persuaded otherwise. Perhaps the next generation will have more impact.

As most here, but not all, understand, this is a complex nuanced and evolving subject. It isn't really conducive to cute little memes and soundbites and conspiracy theories or for that matter blind faith in the government.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-15-2022 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:56 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:

If there is some rational argument these 2 people dont have ulterior motives, I'd like to hear it!
I am generally curious as to what possible ulterior motive you see here?

By way of example, my wife is a lawyer at a state regulatory agency and a few years back was the head of the division that had oversight of the industry I worked in and, consequently, the company I worked for. A company that had granted me stock-based compensation. Her actions could have an impact on my employer's stock price and, therefore, our finances. Clearly, this is a situation where she could have an ulterior motive to not take action in order to improve our marital balance sheet, so to speak.

But, Grady and Fauci are both employees of the federal government and are both engaged in working to improve public health. The fact that they may be knocking boots doesn't change that and I am struggling to see how the fact that they are married would lead to a situation where one of them could take action contrary to their employers mission in order to benefit the other. Can you explain?
Old 08-15-2022, 08:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Oh, I see. I guess I was just having a hard time deciphering what Joe and many others said about acquiring it once vaccinated.
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...26265490763785
Hmm, who would have guessed?
https://twitter.com/9NewsPerth/statu...03941420498944
Old 08-15-2022, 08:33 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
I am generally curious as to what possible ulterior motive you see here?

By way of example, my wife is a lawyer at a state regulatory agency and a few years back was the head of the division that had oversight of the industry I worked in and, consequently, the company I worked for. A company that had granted me stock-based compensation. Her actions could have an impact on my employer's stock price and, therefore, our finances. Clearly, this is a situation where she could have an ulterior motive to not take action in order to improve our marital balance sheet, so to speak.

But, Grady and Fauci are both employees of the federal government and are both engaged in working to improve public health. The fact that they may be knocking boots doesn't change that and I am struggling to see how the fact that they are married would lead to a situation where one of them could take action contrary to their employers mission in order to benefit the other. Can you explain?
Easy 2+2=666. Do you think it is just a coincidence that Charlie Daniels sang "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and Georgia is kinda close to Louisiana, which is where James Carville and Mary Matalin got married. At night after lovemaking, they hatched the plan to get Bill and Hillary a second term so that Hillary could one day delete her emails about her participation in the paedophilic blood-drinking cult? Are you that out of touch not to see what is clearly in front of you?
Old 08-15-2022, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Just an fyi, to utilize the ignore feature, you click on the user profile of the person you want to ignore, then the "User Lists" dropdown, then Add to "ignore list".
Thanks Charles! Still learning about all the bells and whistles at our disposal here to optimize our experience with other forum members!
Old 08-15-2022, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Who knows, maybe they discuss baseball cards...
I will see 2 colleagues at conferences or Zoom meetings in the next couple of months and both regularly meet with Fauci at NIH AND are baseball fans. I can find out if Fauci is "one of us." Maybe he is also a member here!
Old 08-16-2022, 10:20 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
I will see 2 colleagues at conferences or Zoom meetings in the next couple of months and both regularly meet with Fauci at NIH AND are baseball fans. I can find out if Fauci is "one of us." Maybe he is also a member here!
Please do! I'm sure he'd have a few things to say on this topic...
Old 08-16-2022, 08:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
In fairness I think a couple of points are relevant here. First, I do think some of the early discussions of herd immunity were pretty unrealistic given the nature of coronaviruses. I am not prepared to say they were disingenuous but I would say misleading. The best case scenario in my view was always preventing deaths and serious hospitalizations, and of course that itself would be an enormous and sufficient accomplishment given where we were. Someday when hopefully we are in a calmer space maybe someone will analyze how herd immunity was oversold.

Second, there seems little question that the vaccine was hugely effective against the wild virus and Delta in preventing deaths and serious hospitalizations. Not 100 percent of course, but powerful, a very powerful weapon with not a lot of (but as always some) risk. People who don't at least acknowledge this are playing ostrich I believe and or are too jaded and radicalized to be objective. And yes, I use that word intentionally, sorry to say.

Finally, personally, I am less convinced the boosters have much of an additive effect against omicron. Just my impression from study and glad to be persuaded otherwise. Perhaps the next generation will have more impact.

As most here, but not all, understand, this is a complex nuanced and evolving subject. It isn't really conducive to cute little memes and soundbites and conspiracy theories or for that matter blind faith in the government.
I do think we used to hear 'follow the science' as if there is just one science to follow.....now we can see there are different viewpoints to science as long as the viewpoints arent deleted and only one viewpoint given.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:59 AM
Al Richter

Science can throw some wicked curves

Old 08-17-2022, 08:54 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I do think we used to hear 'follow the science' as if there is just one science to follow.....now we can see there are different viewpoints to science as long as the viewpoints aren't deleted and only one viewpoint given.
Exactly that. The censorship, the shunning, shaming and the over the top MSM spin on things during this whole pandemic has been nothing, imo, like we have ever seen before.
Doctor's, nurses, medical professionals that were once considered experts, have now been shunned, ridiculed and silenced all because they didn't toe the line or follow the narrative. It is endless.
https://rumble.com/v1g7jep-edward-do...-be-expos.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mediaaa22.jpg (75.9 KB, 102 views)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:17 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Exactly that. The censorship, the shunning, shaming and the over the top MSM spin on things during this whole pandemic has been nothing, imo, like we have ever seen before.
Doctor's, nurses, medical professionals that were once considered experts, have now been shunned, ridiculed and silenced all because they didn't toe the line or follow the narrative. It is endless.
https://rumble.com/v1g7jep-edward-do...-be-expos.html
Go down to your local hospital, take a survey of doctors and nurses that think the vaccine is wise/necessary. Guessing it will be better than 9 to 1.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:26 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Go down to your local hospital, take a survey of doctors and nurses that think the vaccine is wise/necessary. Guessing it will be better than 9 to 1.
At this point I'm convinced he's doing some kind of long form one-man comedy sketch.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:40 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
E
Said without a shred of irony.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

The Great Barrington Declaration said it would be the dumbest thing to vax everyone with a leaky vaccine during a pandemic. Just do the elderly and those at high risk and let natural immunity take care of the rest. They were correct of course and that has been finally acknowledged.

Their goalposts never changed. Look at the amount of medical professionals who agree. Are they all conspiracy theorists too?
https://gbdeclaration.org/

I guess, like the old saying goes, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled" still holds true today.
https://youtu.be/8i1Ap61NNco
https://youtu.be/rx9nXeEjsMI
Old 08-17-2022, 10:23 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
The Great Barrington Declaration said it would be the dumbest thing to vax everyone with a leaky vaccine during a pandemic. Just do the elderly and those at high risk and let natural immunity take care of the rest. They were correct of course and that has been finally acknowledged.

Their goalposts never changed. Look at the amount of medical professionals who agree. Are they all conspiracy theorists too?
https://gbdeclaration.org/

I guess, like the old saying goes, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled" still holds true today.
https://youtu.be/8i1Ap61NNco
https://youtu.be/rx9nXeEjsMI
Acknowledged by who? You?
Old 08-17-2022, 11:09 AM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Are they all conspiracy theorists too?
While the authors' website claims that over 14,000 scientists, 40,000 medical practitioners, and more than 800,000 members of the public signed the declaration, this list—which anyone could sign online and which required merely clicking a checkbox to claim the status of "scientist"—contains some evidently-fake names, including: "Mr Banana Rama", "Harold Shipman", and "Prof Cominic Dummings". More than 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and other non-relevant people were found to be signatories, including a performer of Khoomei—a Mongolian style of overtone singing—described as a "therapeutic sound practitioner". The Independent noted that the false signatures put its claims about the breadth of its support in doubt. In response, Bhattacharya said that they "do not have the resources to audit each signature," and expressed regret for the fact that people had "abused our trust" by adding fake names, but reiterated his belief in broad support for its message based on the volume of correspondence he said he received.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...on#Signatories
Old 08-17-2022, 11:55 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
While the authors' website claims that over 14,000 scientists, 40,000 medical practitioners, and more than 800,000 members of the public signed the declaration, this list—which anyone could sign online and which required merely clicking a checkbox to claim the status of "scientist"—contains some evidently-fake names, including: "Mr Banana Rama", "Harold Shipman", and "Prof Cominic Dummings". More than 100 psychotherapists, numerous homeopaths, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and other non-relevant people were found to be signatories, including a performer of Khoomei—a Mongolian style of overtone singing—described as a "therapeutic sound practitioner". The Independent noted that the false signatures put its claims about the breadth of its support in doubt. In response, Bhattacharya said that they "do not have the resources to audit each signature," and expressed regret for the fact that people had "abused our trust" by adding fake names, but reiterated his belief in broad support for its message based on the volume of correspondence he said he received.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...on#Signatories
Wikipedia: Who writes Wikipedia?

You do. Yes, anyone can be bold and edit an existing article or create a new one, and volunteers do not need to have any formal training.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ry%20paintings)
Old 08-17-2022, 04:07 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
You mean the ones that are still there because they weren't fired because they took the shot?

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-17-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:57 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
You mean the ones that are still there because they weren't fired because they took the shot?
Fair response
Old 08-17-2022, 07:11 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Wikipedia: Who writes Wikipedia?

You do. Yes, anyone can be bold and edit an existing article or create a new one, and volunteers do not need to have any formal training.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ry%20paintings)
Oh, you must not know how wikipedia works.

Here are the sources cited in that paragraph:

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/coron...c5df41642.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-bananas-covid

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...etter-12099947

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-b912778.html

https://gbdeclaration.org/view-signatures/

Maybe you have a TikTok video or a tweet from some random person that confirms your bias you can use to dispute any of that? Or will you just not dispute anything in any of the articles and just claim "But the MSM!!!!" You did, however, seem to think that all the signatories were of the utmost respect and reliable, correct?

Last edited by BCauley; 08-17-2022 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:46 PM
D@le Irv*n

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky Admits Major Covid-19 Mistakes — Plans to Restructure the Agency Calling it a “Reset” due to major “mistakes” in dealing with the pandemic.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...d-19-mistakes/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...calling-reset/

"CDC to get overhaul after major ‘public mistakes’ in COVID response"
https://nypost.com/2022/08/17/cdc-to...onse-mistakes/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...akes-1.6030960
https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelin...h=1eaf922d16b2
Old 08-17-2022, 07:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Oh, you must not know how wikipedia works.

Here are the sources cited in that paragraph:

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/coron...c5df41642.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-bananas-covid

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...etter-12099947

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-b912778.html

https://gbdeclaration.org/view-signatures/

Maybe you have a TikTok video or a tweet from some random person that confirms your bias you can use to dispute any of that? Or will you just not dispute anything in any of the articles and just claim "But the MSM!!!!" You did, however, seem to think that all the signatories were of the utmost respect and reliable, correct?
You going to be OK, Bill? I know it must be tough now knowing how easily you were duped into believing all the B.S. spewed by your govt and their funded corrupt crooked and evil MSM site, but try your best to move on. Maybe try some relaxation skills or maybe some meditation and see if that helps you out any?
Best of luck!
Old 08-17-2022, 08:14 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
You going to be OK, Bill?
Yeah, I’m great! Because I know that in between the 35 minutes I made my post with 5 news article links, you already responded. Thus, it’s likely you barely read any of the links I posted, if any, before responding. On top of that, you didn’t address what I said in response to your initial comment that included this, "Are they all conspiracy theorists too?"

Oh! And there is the “evil MSM” comment I expected. Answer a question for me. When was the last time you had an original thought? “Original” meaning, not posting another person’s random thought from TikTok or Twitter?

Last edited by BCauley; 08-18-2022 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Two sources of information I think are good and often very detailed and analytical and not government or media.

John Skylar, Ph.D. (virologist) on substack.
https://viraltransmissions.substack.com/about

The physician/scientists on www.sciencebasedmedicine.org, particularly David Gorski who can be abrasive but is superb at distilling complex ideas and data. The other writers are to me more uneven but at times quite good.

Carry on.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-17-2022 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Two sources of information I think are good and often very detailed and analytical and not government or media.

John Skylar, Ph.D. (virologist) on substack.
https://viraltransmissions.substack.com/about

The physician/scientists on www.sciencebasedmedicine.org, particularly David Gorski who can be abrasive but is superb at distilling complex ideas and data.

Carry on.
Tell me, Peter, do you or your firm, if you're not an independent, defend Pharmaceutical companies?
How anyone, especially with what we know now, could advocate for 6 month old babies getting vaccinated is not right in the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg rones6.jpeg (51.5 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-18-2022 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:45 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Yeah, I’m great! Because I know that in between the 35 minutes I made my post with 5 news article links, you already responded. Thus, it’s likely you barely read any of the links I posted, if any, before responding. On top of that, you didn’t address what I said in response to your initial comment that included this, whatever it is/was.

Oh! And there is the “evil MSM” comment I expected. Answer a question for me. When was the last time you had an original thought? “Original” meaning, not posting another person’s random thought from TikTok or Twitter?
We changed IRV's name around here to "The Canadian Alex Jones". because we thought "The pooter of the north" was too unspecific.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:26 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Default 1 million died of corona

i know there is issues of what the real cause of death on covid deaths.

however whatever method they have been using, interesting that its over a million now in the US and i dont see any counter on TV or mention of it..but when it was at 400k or 600k or whatever was big news..and blame was being thrown around

maybe i missed it somewhere but i dont remember any news event for the round number of 1 million.....

i know there would be a 1 day article or a passing reference for the occasion but the lead up and aftermath for the 400k to 500k..was weeks if not months of talk...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-17-2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:24 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:

however whatever method they have been using, interesting that its over a million now in the US and i dont see any counter on TV or mention of it..but when it was at 400k or 600k or whatever was big news..and blame was being thrown around

maybe i missed it somewhere but i dont remember any news event for the round number of 1 million.....

i know there would be a 1 day article or a passing reference for the occasion but the lead up and aftermath for the 400k to 500k..was weeks if not months of talk...
Jake, you are right. I believe it was because the trajectory pre-vax was pointing to MILLIONS, and that the drop in the death rate, combined with the dubious claims that 'pandemic is over' (and some states even refusing to share data), the story became more akin to the daily Vietnam death toll being relegated to a small box, as if it were today's weather. Terrible news is exhausting.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:38 AM
pete ullman

Quote:

i think it depends where u get your news? I distinctly remember back in may hearing about it all over the place...1 million covid deaths.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:25 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Jake, you are right. I believe it was because the trajectory pre-vax was pointing to MILLIONS, and that the drop in the death rate, combined with the dubious claims that 'pandemic is over' (and some states even refusing to share data), the story became more akin to the daily Vietnam death toll being relegated to a small box, as if it were today's weather. Terrible news is exhausting.
You're right. It couldn't possibly be because November is coming and this "president" has the lowest approval rating ever, partly due to pounding the COVID-fear drum while 99%+ of the population basically had a cold/the flu. NO way would the MSM try to shift the narrative to save the Democrat Party's chances in November. No way, no how. Not possible, because you believe differently, right?

Deaths in 2021 topped deaths in 2020 despite over 50% of the US being "vaxxed" by October.

2020 Deaths: 352-385k (depending on source, which not sure how that's possible)
2021 Deaths as of 11/22/2021: 386k
Total Deaths as of 8/18/2022: 1.04M (269k for 2022 so far if my math is correct)

So 2022 has seen 70% of the deaths of that 11/22/2021 numbers, with 3 months left to get even closer to the numbers above, despite nearly 70-80%(?) of society being vaxxed (ranging from 1 jab to fully jabbed)?

Oh and by the way, the remaining 3 months are some of the nation's sickest months with kids going back to school and fall/early winter arriving. Let's not forget the CDC just changed its guidelines...

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 08-18-2022, 08:54 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
You're right. It couldn't possibly be because November is coming and this "president" has the lowest approval rating ever, partly due to pounding the COVID-fear drum while 99%+ of the population basically had a cold/the flu. NO way would the MSM try to shift the narrative to save the Democrat Party's chances in November. No way, no how. Not possible, because you believe differently, right?

Deaths in 2021 topped deaths in 2020 despite over 50% of the US being "vaxxed" by October.

2020 Deaths: 352-385k (depending on source, which not sure how that's possible)
2021 Deaths as of 11/22/2021: 386k
Total Deaths as of 8/18/2022: 1.04M (269k for 2022 so far if my math is correct)

So 2022 has seen 70% of the deaths of that 11/22/2021 numbers, with 3 months left to get even closer to the numbers above, despite nearly 70-80%(?) of society being vaxxed (ranging from 1 jab to fully jabbed)?

Oh and by the way, the remaining 3 months are some of the nation's sickest months with kids going back to school and fall/early winter arriving. Let's not forget the CDC just changed its guidelines...

As the virus has weakened I would think you’d expect restrictions to ease. Low and behold they have. When the virus was killing hundreds of thousands, handing long haul covid to others, and hospitals were running out of beds, that’s when the anti-vaxx position was a bit more troubling. Didn’t step up to do your part. That’s ok.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:11 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Right, because it all comes back to the "vast left wing conspiracy." First they came to vaccinate you; now they're coming for your crudité!
Old 08-18-2022, 09:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Right, because it all comes back to the "vast left wing conspiracy." First they came to vaccinate you; now they're coming for your crudité!
funny how politics is basically sports for middle aged people.....most of the younger kids dont even know half of the stuff argued on the political networks which was me as well when i wore a younger mans clothes

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-18-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:22 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
funny how politics is basically sports for middle aged people
Very true. Personally I can't fathom spending hours in front of cable news as many do. I find MSNBC and FOX equally nauseating
Old 08-18-2022, 09:30 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Very true. Personally I can't fathom spending hours in front of cable news as many do. I find MSNBC and FOX equally nauseating
A lot of people would say the same thing about sports channels, plus many of the sports leagues and channels are getting political as well. So its on to Tik Tok videos and youtube or streaming services..though some of those shows have disclaimers on them...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:40 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
A lot of people would say the same thing about sports channels, plus many of the sports leagues and channels are getting political as well. So its on to Tik Tok videos and youtube or streaming services..though some of those shows have disclaimers on them...
I feel the same way about ESPN's studio content, personally. There's only so much of Stephen A Smith yelling into the camera that one can take...
Old 08-18-2022, 10:01 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I feel the same way about ESPN's studio content, personally. There's only so much of Stephen A Smith yelling into the camera that one can take...
I second this
Old 08-18-2022, 10:12 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
I second this
Yes, screaming people on television is the worst. In fact screaming people in general are hard to be around.

Whenever someone quotes KMay everything he writes comes across as screaming to me.

Fortunately, with the ignore feature, I have been able to turn him off, just like I turn off Stephen A. Smith, or Sean Hannity, or Joy Behar, or Nancy Grace, or any other number of screamers.