NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-13-2022, 10:03 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right but abortion after 8 months you are bringing a live baby into it arguably is one side and other side is mother's choice and their right to do with what they want with their body

why i bring it up is i just ask for consistent arguments. If you demand we can tell people what to do with their body with shots, then should be able to tell them what to do with abortions.....yeah there can some differences but to see same people irate on opposition views between those areas is funny to me. (please note i am not taking any side here, just making the case of consistent arguments whichever side is chosen)
Bingo.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 08-13-2022, 10:05 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
right but abortion after 8 months you are bringing a live baby into it arguably is one side and other side is mother's choice and their right to do with what they want with their body

why i bring it up is i just ask for consistent arguments. If you demand we can tell people what to do with their body with shots, then should be able to tell them what to do with abortions.....yeah there can some differences but to see same people irate on opposition views between those areas is funny to me. (please note i am not taking any side here, just making the case of consistent arguments whichever side is chosen)
We should demand neither. Luckily, Fauci never followed through with his plan to hold every American down and jab them. (Oh right, that was never going to happen.) Forced births are OK with many of the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd, though. What was that you were saying about consistency?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 08-13-2022, 10:26 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
We should demand neither. Luckily, Fauci never followed through with his plan to hold every American down and jab them. (Oh right, that was never going to happen.) Forced births are OK with many of the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd, though. What was that you were saying about consistency?
co·er·cion
/kōˈərZHən,kōˈərSHən/
noun
the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 10:35 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
co·er·cion
/kōˈərZHən,kōˈərSHən/
noun
the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.
That is quite a stretch to describe a public health agency as engaged in "coercion"–you might as well have bolded the other part of my statement.

How do you feel about the state intimidating doctors into declining to provide life-saving care to pregnant women, or forcing 10-year old rape victims to bear their rapist's child?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 08-13-2022, 10:36 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
there always extremes...you will hear others say abortions fine at 9 months but you better get a shot or you are endangering others....
Old 08-13-2022, 10:48 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
That is quite a stretch to describe a public health agency as engaged in "coercion"–you might as well have bolded the other part of my statement.

How do you feel about the state intimidating doctors into declining to provide life-saving care to pregnant women, or forcing 10-year old rape victims to bear their rapist's child?
Penalizing companies for having unvaxxed employees, which forces said companies to tell their employees to get vaxxed or they're fired, is the very definition of coercion.

Financial penalties for not wearing a mask - that's coercion.

Threatening medical professionals to strip their licensure away if they talk out against COVID - coercion.

It's not a stretch.

I'm assuming by the first part of your second paragraph that you're referring to abortion, and not the negative effects the COVID jabs have had on pregnant women, correct? If you're talking about abortion, I don't really get into this topic. I see a case for certain circumstances (not simply regretting sex with a guy), and I see a case against abortion altogether. I will say, take my tax dollars out of it, along with the tax/financial benefits for Planned Parenthood, and see how strong of a push there is for it. I don't like the origins of abortion and I don't personally support abortion, but my biggest point of contention comes Planned Parenthood/tax dollars.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 10:51 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
there always extremes...you will hear others say abortions fine at 9 months but you better get a shot or you are endangering others....
I think a lot of this comes down to a basic philosophical stance on government. Is the government a big, evil entity that's out to get you, or a necessary–while far from perfect–part of what allows America to exist as a free country?

More specifically, does one believe that:

1. The CDC tried to provide accurate information as it became known, and recommended measures designed to save lives? Or,

2. The CDC is part of some elaborate, secret plan to "take people's freedom away"?
Old 08-13-2022, 10:55 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
I think a lot of this comes down to a basic philosophical stance on government. Is the government a big, evil entity that's out to get you, or a necessary–while far from perfect–part of what allows America to exist as a free country?

1. The CDC tried to provide accurate information as it became known, and recommended measures designed to save lives? Or,

2. The CDC is part of some elaborate, secret plan to "take people's freedom away"?
Government turned an entire society against the Jews, or the Jews went to the Concentration Camps on their own?

You tell me how innocent government has been in the past, and how it has zero record of being weaponized against the people.

Waco massacre never happened, right?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-13-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:01 AM
Peter Spaeth

Abortion seems to me a completely separate issue.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:02 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Abortion seems to me a completely separate issue.
Not when the war cry for abortion is MY BODY MY CHOICE.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-13-2022 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:04 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

You don't honestly believe the CDC is unbiased, transparent, open and honest, do you?
It's about funding. Comply with the narrative and the money rolls in. Do the opposite and it ceases.
https://www.law.com/dailyreportonlin...20220713125819
https://massie.house.gov/news/docume...umentID=395436
https://jolt.law.harvard.edu/digest/...right-to-speak
In the last year, four court rulings against the CDC, including one from the Supreme Court, have forced the agency to stop or change its pandemic mitigation orders. Most recently, a Florida district judge ordered a national injunction ending the agency’s mask mandate on public transport.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...olicy-00031253
https://www.poynter.org/?ifcn_misinf...it-against-cdc
https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...c-3309f5c584f6
Old 08-13-2022, 11:06 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Not when the war cry for abortion is MY BODY MY CHOICE.
That people's views on issues or the way they justify them might be inconsistent doesn't at least in the way I mean make them related.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-13-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:06 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Government turned an entire society against the Jews, or the Jews went to the Concentration Camps on their own?

You tell me how innocent government has been in the past, and how it has zero record of being weaponized against the people.
Well, those things happened not because of "government" but because of the actions of those in it. You do realize that representative democracy, or the quasi-representative version that we have in the US, is very rare in human history, no? The idea that you have a say (in theory, if not in reality) by voting on who those people are is quite special... personally, I like that. Do you not like that? This privilege is something that voters can take advantage of to try and keep people like Hitler out of office. When we elect the people serving in government positions, we are–if we have some minimal level of civic engagement, responsible for who those people are. This responsibility, if taken on, invalidates the vague "government is bad" viewpoint.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:11 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Well, those things happened not because of "government" but because of the actions of those in it. You do realize that representative democracy, or the quasi-representative version that we have in the US, is very rare in human history, no? The idea that you have a say (in theory, if not in reality) by voting on who those people are is quite special... personally, I like that. Do you not like that? This privilege is something that voters can take advantage of to try and keep people like Hitler out of office. When we elect the people serving in government positions, we are–if we have some minimal level of civic engagement, responsible for who those people are. This responsibility, if taken on, invalidates the vague "government is bad" viewpoint.
So you admit any part of government could become corrupted and weaponized against the people, including the CDC?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 11:18 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
So you admit any part of government could become corrupted and weaponized against the people, including the CDC?
Absolutely. It's happening in places around the world now, and should be a concern of Americans at present. However, the CDC, like the DoJ, has not fallen victim to that, at least not yet. My two cents
Old 08-13-2022, 11:36 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Absolutely. It's happening in places around the world now, and should be a concern of Americans at present. However, the CDC, like the DoJ, has not fallen victim to that, at least not yet. My two cents

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 11:39 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I'm not sure what you mean. What's my "strategy"?
Old 08-13-2022, 01:55 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
You might want to explain that to the CDC. Doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

The same could be said for the 100+ rounds of shots many parents choose to stick into their kids' bodies. I'm healthy. My wife is healthy. My kids are healthy. I'm going to raise my kids to be respectful, take care of themselves health wise, and unlike you, teach them to not wish ill-will upon people who disagree with their point of view.
LOL, I wish no ill-will toward anyone, and neither do my kids (a NP, an ex-army CBRN, and one soon to be LEO). Not an abortion between them, yet they support the option for women. They have not been told what to think, but to analyze and think. Their personal education and training assist in their decision-making abilities. The internet has been existent their whole lives, and due to that experience, they have the mindset that "Idiots be idiots and trolls be trolls." They attempt to educate at times, but are quick to chalk it off rather quickly as fruitless.

I still engage obvious trolls in an attempt not to change their minds, but to put correct information out to counter their anti-social psychopathy so others may see that their twisted misinformation does not go unchallenged.

I truly wish that you and your family continue to enjoy the best of health. And that your kids are given the opportunity to be allowed to consider a counter viewpoint to your simplistic, intractable, absolutist views.

Quote:
You can save yourself the time. Really not interested in anything else people have to say in this thread.

Last edited by Deertick; 08-13-2022 at 02:19 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-13-2022, 02:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Do anti-vaxxers typically object to polio vaccines? Or is the reason there seem to be more unvaccinated in Rockland County something more specific?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-13-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:11 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
I truly wish that you and your family continue to enjoy the best of help. And that your kids are given the opportunity to be allowed to consider a counter viewpoint to your simplistic, intractable, absolutist views.
Simplistic is accurate. Absolutist is not.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 02:15 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Do anti-vaxxers typically object to polio vaccines? Or is the reason there seem to be more unvaccinated in Rockland County something more specific?
Is it election season/is the left in power? Or is the reason there seems to be more "medical emergencies", shootings, and disease/virus nowadays something more specific?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-13-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Is it election season? Or is the reason there seems to be more "medical emergencies" and disease/virus nowadays something more specific?
I didn't think polio had a party affiliation. That's a pathetic answer.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:16 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Not sure about Rockland, but Amish and Hasidim are two sects that are under 20% vaccinated against it, compared to 93% of US overall. I am sure there are other religious orders, but I don't know off the top of my head.

Last edited by Deertick; 08-13-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Not sure about Rockland, but Amish and Hasidim are two sects that are under 20% vaccinated against it, compared to 93% of US overall. I am sure there are other religious orders, but I don't know off the top of my head.
Yesterday, apparently, the virus was detected in New York City wastewater. Apparently this indicates it may be circulating in the City. We'll see.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:45 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Yesterday, apparently, the virus was detected in New York City wastewater. Apparently this indicates it may be circulating in the City. We'll see.
Missed that! Looked up Rockland County. Just to the west of NYC and has 50K population of Hasidic Jews out of 325K total residents. But the article I saw (briefly) on the virus testing stated the sewage did not come from Rockland? So it may be in the city too. I wonder if they test on the regular or if they did because of Rockland?
Old 08-13-2022, 02:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Missed that! Looked up Rockland County. Just to the west of NYC and has 50K population of Hasidic Jews out of 325K total residents. But the article I saw (briefly) on the virus testing stated the sewage did not come from Rockland? So it may be in the city too. I wonder if they test on the regular or if they did because of Rockland?
I assume because of Rockland, testing to see if it has spread. The testing was definitely NYC although so far they have not said which borough (if they can tell).

Old 08-13-2022, 02:55 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Asking if anti-vaxxers object to a vax is a pathetic question.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 08-13-2022, 02:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Asking if anti-vaxxers object to a vax is a pathetic question.
You're a really nasty person and I will just ignore you going forward, have a nice day.

Old 08-13-2022, 03:03 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
You're a really nasty person and I will just ignore you going forward, have a nice day.
I've been called a cocksure AH, stupid, idiot, and now nasty in this thread (did I miss any), but I'm the nasty one. Right.

Oh, insinuated racist. I knew I was forgetting at least one.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-13-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Poor Peter. Gut hooked, coerced, fooled, lied to or received a burger and fries is now all anxious and snarky because of that realization.
Hopefully you knew enough to stop at the 2nd dose but my gut tells me different.

For what it's worth, I'm fully vaccinated, just not for covid as I clearly don't need the clot shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coooviid6.jpg (34.5 KB, 141 views)
Old 08-13-2022, 03:39 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Don't forget to take advantage of the ignore feature that this website mercifully offers.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:52 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Don't forget to take advantage of the ignore feature that this website mercifully offers.
I'll say that it speaks to the general goodness of the members here that I've only had to use it a couple of times in nearly two years.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:12 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:

They didnt have to change the definition of Vaccine and Vaccination for that one!

It worked, it really works.. unlike the breakthrough MRNA vaccine they can just "dial in" for any strain or any disease for that matter. MRNA also was just waiting in the wings to be tested when COVID "appeared" for emergency use authorization

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-13-2022, 07:09 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Poor Peter. Gut hooked, coerced, fooled, lied to or received a burger and fries is now all anxious and snarky because of that realization.
Hopefully you knew enough to stop at the 2nd dose but my gut tells me different.

For what it's worth, I'm fully vaccinated, just not for covid as I clearly don't need the clot shot.
My doctor would consider you to be crazy. He’s a smart dude. It’s my understanding he even went to medical school and all that.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
My doctor would consider you to be crazy. He’s a smart dude. It’s my understanding he even went to medical school and all that.
I wonder what vaccine opponents think when they hear or read about people who believed the propaganda and disinformation and refused the vaccine, then tragically recanted on their deathbeds, or begged for the vaccine not understanding it was too late. To me those are just awful stories, the avoidable deaths. It seemed to me during the original virus and Delta, there were lots of them. I also wonder how many of these fearmongering folks posting soundbites and memes, who claim to be thinking for themselves and denigrate everyone else as sheep, have actually read studies, or read websites where scientists review and debate the issues and discuss the actual data. Or are they just selecting what they look at to confirm their bias?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-13-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Then you need a new doctor.

Quote:
I wonder what vaccine opponents think when they hear or read about people who believed the propaganda and disinformation and refused the vaccine, then tragically recanted on their deathbeds, or begged for the vaccine not understanding it was too late. To me those are just awful stories, the avoidable deaths. It seemed to me during the original virus and Delta, there were lots of them. I also wonder how many of these fearmongering folks posting soundbites and memes, who claim to be thinking for themselves and denigrate everyone else as sheep, have actually read studies, or read websites where scientists review and debate the issues and discuss the actual data. Or are they just selecting what they look at to confirm their bias?
I've read all kinds, thanks, just not from the ones MSM seems to get all gushy about.
You should do the same once in awhile and maybe you'd learn something. Like what all these shunned, ridiculed, kicked to the curb and fired doctor's, nurses and other medical professionals were saying from the very beginning.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

I've read all kinds, thanks, just not from the ones MSM seems to get all gushy about.
You should do the same once in awhile and maybe you'd learn something. Like what all these shunned, ridiculed, kicked to the curb and fired doctor's, nurses and other medical professionals were saying from the very beginning.
My reading is balanced enough that I didn't get the latest booster because I wasn't persuaded it had much to offer against omicron. I am agnostic, and try to go with the data. If you were open minded you would not make the decision not to read studies MSM talks about. You're prejudging, it sounds like.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-13-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:47 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:

"All".

Some have now apparently redefined 'all' in the past several years.

Less than 1/2 of 1% of all medical professionals were fired for refusing the vaccine OR complying with increased testing. That's approximately the number of covid deaths in 3 weeks of Sept. Not a single (that's ZERO) public or private company that receives tax-funding (those that were subject to the mandate) did not provide the testing option or medical/religious exemptions. Granted, more retired or resigned jobs as a show of defiance, but the best estimate is that number is in the 50-100K range nationwide. (Can't get accurate number for that because there is no exit survey reporting required, had to rely on DOL/Census surveying). Private practices could require whatever they want.

And I understand you were referring to "all" of the people you heard about on your favorite non-msm news source. Just wanted to put in perspective that a greater number probably quit in that timeframe because someone stole their lunch out of the breakroom again.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:44 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
And I wonder how many who believed the propaganda, disinformation or were forced, fooled, coerced into believing the vaccines were essential who ended up with covid, hospitalized, placed in the ICU on ventilators and died think about them now?
Like I have said numerous times, where are the interviews with these people (the ones who survived, obviously) that took them but ended up with covid and hospitalized anyways? Nary a story that I've read.
Like I posted before, the numbers in the hospital/ICU among the fully vaccinated, and especially the boosted, outnumbered the unvaccinated at one time 15,000 to 1,000.
Do you not see how many fully vaccinated, especially those with their booster, are now catching covid? Do you not remember the co-invertor of the MNRA vaccine, before he was silenced/censored/shunned, stating the vaccine depletes, not enhances ones immune system?
Dr. Birx admitted under oath the vaccine is no better than natural immunity yet you still, bewilderingly, believe they work?
Like I told you and others in those other 2 threads, the back-peddling now is over the top. This from our top guy up here, who was recently exposed as having ties to Pfizer. (lyme disease division)
Remember when it was "ESSENTIAL" that "EVERYONE" should get vaccinated?
Listen to CMOH, Dr. Moore!

If you're young & healthy then balance the risk of hospitalization versus the risk of side effects such as myocardisis!

Really? Since when? This is what we've been saying all along. So many lives ruined! Shame on many of you.

https://twitter.com/Roman_Baber/stat...53856%3Fs%3D28

Tell me, Peter, what do you think of 6 month old babies getting the clot shot? If you can't see the insanity in all this, you never will.
Kids in U.S. as young as 6 months can get COVID-19 vaccines next week, following CDC, FDA approval. A panel of advisers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Saturday voted to recommend COVID-19 vaccines for children as young as six months, making it likely a nationwide rollout can start next week.Jun 18, 2022

Last edited by irv; 08-14-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm still fairly new to this site and didn't know about the "ignore" feature. I need to employ it to ignore the same joker that Peter is ignoring. Lately I've just been skipping over his posts.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm still fairly new to this site and didn't know about the "ignore" feature. I need to employ it to ignore the same joker that Peter is ignoring. Lately I've just been skipping over his posts.
I never realized there were some on here that were so thin skinned that it would get their panties in a knot reading someone else's opinion, but, then again, in today's snowflake Liberal world, I guess I shouldn't really be all that surprised.

Last edited by irv; 08-19-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:43 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
My reading is balanced enough that I didn't get the latest booster because I wasn't persuaded it had much to offer against omicron. I am agnostic, and try to go with the data. If you were open minded you would not make the decision not to read studies MSM talks about. You're prejudging, it sounds like.
One issue that cant be argued is you cant sue if you get sick from a covid shot.

Can say all you want but if the shot was so safe and the fact we have thrown billions into it and companies make billions into it...cant even give a CAP of 500k )(and total cap for all people in the US, say 5 percent of profit made) in the event some major complication occurred from the shot.

Always here about rich companies 'paying their fair share' if can make them pay from PROFITS, why not

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-15-2022 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:46 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
I never realized there were some on here that were so thin skinned that it would get their panties in a knot reading someone else's opinion, but, then again, in today's world, I guess I shouldn't really be all that surprised.
A thinking person wants to receive as many inputs (differing views) as possible, in order to form and modify opinions. It's called "learning."

And if someone is caustic, abrasive, etc., so what? So is Kojak. Ideas, logic, and facts are what should matter, not feelings.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:53 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
You can save yourself the time. Really not interested in anything else people have to say in this thread.
So you recommend people continue to speak at each other instead of dialogue?

You must have collected aa appropriate meme, facebook/gab/gettr/telegram/reddit/truth social post, youtube video, discord, or tweet about that, no?
Old 08-15-2022, 08:54 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
I never realized there were some on here that were so thin skinned that it would get their panties in a knot reading someone else's opinion, but, then again, in today's world, I guess I shouldn't really be all that surprised.
Quote:
So you recommend people continue to speak at each other instead of dialogue?

You must have collected aa appropriate meme, facebook/gab/gettr/telegram/reddit/truth social post, youtube video, discord, or tweet about that, no?
Old 08-15-2022, 10:51 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

We should get real controversial and have a thread for everyone to share screencaps of their blocklists.

I’ve never blocked people for political views. I only use it for 1) a presumably drunk nutball who got shockingly triggered I was not offended by the Cleveland Indians existence and went way over the top with the attack and 2) a handful of people with a pattern of over the top tantrums in non-political threads.

There’s a couple on my pre-blocklist for consideration.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:53 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
A thinking person wants to receive as many inputs (differing views) as possible, in order to form and modify opinions. It's called "learning."

And if someone is caustic, abrasive, etc., so what? So is Kojak. Ideas, logic, and facts are what should matter, not feelings.
Feelings have a lot to do with people's ideas, as well as they way they consider "logic" and "facts"–what is logical to some is not to others, and of course, facts are not facts to many in our current climate.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Maybe...just maybe...the "ignore" option doesn't have to do anything with getting someone's panties in a knot. Maybe it has to do with someone not wanting to spend time reading a person's opinions when that person's opinions aren't based on facts, reason and/or lack ethical considerations. Maybe others want to ignore people if the conversation takes a turn toward being less civil than one had expected when they entered into a discussion. So...there can be lot's of reasons that don't have anything to do with someone being overly sensitive or offended.

Last edited by jethrod3; 08-15-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:57 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
Just an fyi, to utilize the ignore feature, you click on the user profile of the person you want to ignore, then the "User Lists" dropdown, then Add to "ignore list".

Last edited by cgjackson222; 08-15-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:13 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Can any agree at least the narratives have narrowed?

Scott Gottlieb former US FDA commissioner appoint to board of directors at Pfizer. FDA approved Pfizer as the 1st Mrna vaccine on the market.

NIH releases Covid health guidance. Christine Grady is the Chief of bioethics. She is also Anthony Fauci's wife. Think the pillow talk is strictly romantic, or a few guidelines are discussed?

If there is some rational argument these 2 people dont have ulterior motives, I'd like to hear it!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 08-15-2022 at 04:14 PM.