NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-15-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Here is the first one again since this thread flipped to page 2.
So here's where I get confused - once we know a card to the right or left of another card, it's set in stone...no matter where the row is or how many times it appears on either slit, it's the same arrangement.

With the arrangement of multiple rows, which we know differs from slit to slit, can we be certain that, in this case, Menke was ever under Wagner and over Coombs on the same slit? It could have been, but all we know for sure is that at least on one slit he was under Wagner, and at least on one he was over Coombs, no?

Know what I mean?
Old 06-15-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
So here's where I get confused - once we know a card to the right or left of another card, it's set in stone...no matter where the row is or how many times it appears on either slit, it's the same arrangement.

With the arrangement of multiple rows, which we know differs from slit to slit, can we be certain that, in this case, Menke was ever under Wagner and over Coombs on the same slit? It could have been, but all we know for sure is that at least on one slit he was under Wagner, and at least on one he was over Coombs, no?

Know what I mean?
You’re right, 77 card Series have rows in different spots and a couple will have different rows above or below them. I have found two different cards above Checklists in this Series, Dennis Ribant and Ron Campbell, KevvyG1026 and I have come to the conclusion that both are above the Marichal 6th Series card and are both on the right edge. That means two different rows are above the row with the Marichal 6th Series Checklist over the two Slits. 88 and 66 card Series are very simple, 77 and 110 card Series are more complicated with some rows in different places.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:50 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

To establish the 11 card rows, we need pretty much every card miscut.

To establish the vertical order of the rows on top of each other, if we know the 11 card rows, we only need a few miscuts to show which rows appeared over which other rows, because the rows never change, even though it won't be the same on both half sheets.

We'll probably never know which half sheet is which without a sheet discovery, but this should be doable like the 66 highs with enough patience.

Unfortunately this series appears to have been well-cut by Topps standards. I am striking out finding more. I have not been able to turn up even a 2 card panel from this series digging through auction archives. I sent this link to the Topps collectors I know who don't post online and got nothing there either. Still digging...

It would be really cool to be able to correctly ID the relative print quantities of every vintage Topps card eventually.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:11 PM

Here are the two cards known in the Series to be above a Checklist, the Ribant is no doubt above the Marichal 6th Series Checklist and the Campbell appears to also be above the Marichal 6th Series Checklist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 ribant - 6th Series Checklist.jpg (137.2 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg 67 campbell.jpg (160.4 KB, 484 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 checklist marichal.jpg (138.0 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 checklist brooks.jpg (136.0 KB, 487 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 09:18 PM

This is the last one I have until new miscuts show up, the card beside Ron Campbell has only one line around the career stat line, Ortega is the only card in the Series missing one of the two lines around the career stat line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 campbell 2.jpg (206.0 KB, 494 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 ortega.jpg (140.3 KB, 484 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 09:14 PM
Al Stein

Mark, this is all I have for you. I have had these since '67, so I could have pulled these two from the same pack. I checked all my backs but they are no help.

497 Campbell
523 Merritt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67T mc2.jpg (205.1 KB, 482 views)
File Type: jpg 67t mc3.jpg (202.5 KB, 483 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
Mark, this is all I have for you. I have had these since '67, so I could have pulled these two from the same pack. I checked all my backs but they are no help.

497 Campbell
523 Merritt
Hmmm, if there wasn't a back miscut with proof that Santiago is to the right of Merritt I would have taken these as proof Campbell is to the right of Merritt. Apparently the Merritt and the Campbell were cut from the same exact sheet and were cut identically but are not side by side on the sheet. I think the Campbell miscut does proves that it is on the right edge of a SP row.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 miscuts.jpg (124.0 KB, 494 views)
Old 06-16-2022, 08:48 AM

Kevvyg1026 found this one, a Menke miscut with a 12 year stat line card to his left. There are five cards with 12 year stat lines left after Hicks is eliminated, Wine, McCarver, and McFarlane don't work because the lines don't match up, Clemens is eliminated because he is in a SP row, so it is Jack Fisher who is a perfect match. That means these two blocks can be connected, and Kevvyg1026 also figured out that Miller, Bird Bombers, and Gary Bell are leading header cards in those rows because there are wavy edge cuts found on the left side of all three cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 2.jpg (111.9 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 1.jpg (130.1 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 menke 1.jpg (141.1 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 bell header.jpg (135.6 KB, 472 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 06-17-2022 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-17-2022, 08:49 AM

Kevvyg1026 and I have figured out the lead cards (headers) for each of the seven rows in the 1967 6th Series, in other words the first card in each row. They are Bob Miller, Bird Bombers, Gary Bell, 7th Series Checklist, Tony Perez, Pirates Rookie Stars (Gelnar-Spriggs), Felix Mantilla. That is #472 Pirates Rookie Stars under Perez in the miscut and the name of Tony Perez is barely visible in the miscut of the #531 Checklist. As far as the exact order and which four rows are SP's (3x) and which three rows are DP's (4x) is still to be determined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 6 perez 1.jpg (118.2 KB, 454 views)
File Type: jpg 67 6 checklist 7.jpg (99.1 KB, 449 views)