NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2021, 10:44 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurnmedic View Post
Second, I can't imagine Probstein would risk any negative publicity or legal action over $1100. Just isn't logical.
Eh, Kevin Mize was willing to get banned from here (and Blowout) over $1,000, so I could see it happening.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:03 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
Eh, Kevin Mize was willing to get banned from here (and Blowout) over $1,000, so I could see it happening.
apples to oranges...I also feel this is a mistake...no way rick would risk negative publicity over something so miniscule seeming.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:31 AM
Eric Pugh

Don’t underestimate his brazen incompetence, apathy and lack of caring. He’s extraordinary in these areas.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:26 PM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniship View Post
Don’t underestimate his brazen incompetence, apathy and lack of caring. He’s extraordinary in these areas.
This ^^^^^
Old 10-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
Can't see the similarity, Probstein is center-stage in the hobby while Mize was off-center.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 10-13-2021, 12:59 PM
Drew W@i$e

For every one person who hates on Probstein, there are 10 more who want to use/buy him. He is the biggest card seller on Ebay now that PWCC is gone.

Not condoning what happen to the member, just giving perspective.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:03 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
Can't see the similarity, Probstein is center-stage in the hobby while Mize was off-center.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:14 PM

Tough situation.

Last edited by Leon; 10-14-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:34 PM
Randy

file a chargeback
Old 10-13-2021, 02:45 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default multiple alarms repeated here

1. Probstein's zero response. Including two days of direct requests thru eBay's protocol (not mine or any one person on N 54) and 7 days of eBay's protocol.

2. The fact that you cannot contact him, or any company rep, via phone. You cannot even leave a voice message. During the pandemic this has become the protocol for a lot of businesses and it is wrong on so many levels. They are quick to grab your $$$$, but hide behind a pandemic to ill serve their clients.

3. eBay. Wrong protocol and decisions on so many levels. I followed their exact protocol 100% without deviation. Did specifically what Concierge in their Sports Card division said to do. I have been told here on a few fronts that I did it incorrectly. I shoulda done this or that. Next time I should not contact eBay Concierge Sports Cards, but N 54..........

4. eBay. Specifically a Team Leader (one of just a few I am told in Sports Cards) named Heather who made the ultimate decision NOT to allow a refund or any other means of pursuit. She shut it down specifically because there is full tracking on their site and USPS shows delivery with signature. NOTHING ELSE MATTERED FOR CERTAIN to her in her decision making process. She told me this, as did others.

So I repeat, eBay has a loophole. They know it. They do not care.

Probstein is not a seller who can be trusted. Yes, I had problems with him over the past 20 years. Yes, as suggested, probably should not utilize him.

That said, if one is competing on the PSA Set Registry with 50 sets, he is one of the few tools for finding obscure higher grade commons in a lot of POST WWII sets, that is for certain.

Also, I know PWCC is back with their own 40,000+ card auction, so that is again an option for Registry collectors like me, thank goodness. I am not a fan of Brent either, but that said, I have only experienced one issue with Brent over 20 years, as opposed to 4 or 5 with Probstein.

I thank most of you for some seemingly worthy advice, including asking AMEX to step in, as I paid via Paypal with AMEX. I have asked Paypal once before to assist with a card issue and they did not. I think AMEX will have my back, but not certain.

I did reach out to USPS which does have Special Agents and like an Internal Affairs section. They move slowwwwwly, I can already tell. Doubtful they can help, but nonetheless, they should know what happened.

Lastly, it seems certain that anybody who wants to scam eBay buyers can by short packing signature required tracked packages. I even explained this to Team Leader Heather who was deaf by choice to my disclosure. She could care less.

Bottom line is I am out $1,100 for doing nothing wrong except trying to add an important multi point Reggie card to improve one of my sets. It just ain't right.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Everyone in this thread needs to have their full name in their post or obtainable from it. Otherwise, please edit out your comments. This is in keeping with the rule in bold letters at the top of every page. I am sure many members haven't noticed it so here it is ...

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

thanks
mgmt

Old 10-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Eric Pugh

Guess what. Probstein will read all of this. And he will do nothing. That’s WHO. HE. IS.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Randy

besides a chargeback, also file a stolen mail report with the suspect believed to be a usps employee.

and file a mail fraud complaint against probstein
Old 10-13-2021, 04:33 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
POTY Nominee 2021
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions