NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2021, 01:52 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If you got it from Barbacoa215 you got ripped off. That seller is a crook; been selling prints of the same cards for years. I got burned earlier this year.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-09-2021, 04:48 PM
Rolando Sánchez

Default Ray

Ray, the Dihigo card that you show is the first time I see it, I assure you that it is not Cuban, maybe it is Mexican, and since it is numbered it can be from a series of different sports for the 50 years, what I can tell you is that Dihigo played for the first time in Mexico in 1937, that same year he launched the 1st game of 0 hit 0 runs in the history of baseball in that country, he was a player and manager, he belongs to the hall of fame of Mexico, now if that postcard is false or a copy I do not know, I do not have it in my hands, there is a note from Exibitman, which gives you a message, you must read it, any questions you have for me, do not be sorry and ask that I am willing to help you, thanks for the note you make about what I show, greetings.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:09 PM
Rolando Sánchez

Default Ray

Ray, now I had time and I saw Dihigo's postcard again and my analysis tells me the following, on the back it says: 50 years in the service of National Sports, that does not refer to Dihigo, it refers to perhaps 50 years of a station radio or television, it can also be a magazine or a newspaper that published a collection to commemorate the anniversary, Martin's postcard has # 27, perhaps more players and athletes in general that were mentioned during those 50 years are in the series, For example, in Cuba there are currently 2 radio stations that transmit all national and international sports, and in their advertisements they mention the years they have been informing radio listeners, one has been for 60 years and the other for more than 75, perhaps that collection has a album and tell who it belongs to, in Cuban baseball there are collections of numbered cards that do not say anything, but when you see the album you know who edited it, this complements my previous comment, when you read it you tell me.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Rolando Sánchez

It is not a team from the Cuban league, it is from the Negro Leagues, the Lincoln Star, in 1914 when they were playing a series with Habana and Almendares at Almendares Park, the players, Dismukes, Webster, Santop etc, I ask them: they want to see the photo?
Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Rolando Sánchez

Default Expositor. 1957 Stamps postage

On May 17, 1957, the first baseball and boxing postage stamps were issued in Cuba.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1957.jpg (52.2 KB, 222 views)
Old 08-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 49 View Post
On May 17, 1957, the first baseball and boxing postage stamps were issued in Cuba.
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure of the year. As I recall, there are a number of different sports in the series? I think I had a full run at some point.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-12-2021, 05:50 PM
Rolando Sánchez

Default Expositor

Now I will look for the complete series and an envelope of the 1st day of issue, I found you others of this theme, you will see them after you see what is now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1957 serie.jpg (40.2 KB, 214 views)
Old 08-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Ray VDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 49 View Post
Ray, now I had time and I saw Dihigo's postcard again and my analysis tells me the following, on the back it says: 50 years in the service of National Sports, that does not refer to Dihigo, it refers to perhaps 50 years of a station radio or television, it can also be a magazine or a newspaper that published a collection to commemorate the anniversary, Martin's postcard has # 27, perhaps more players and athletes in general that were mentioned during those 50 years are in the series, For example, in Cuba there are currently 2 radio stations that transmit all national and international sports, and in their advertisements they mention the years they have been informing radio listeners, one has been for 60 years and the other for more than 75, perhaps that collection has a album and tell who it belongs to, in Cuban baseball there are collections of numbered cards that do not say anything, but when you see the album you know who edited it, this complements my previous comment, when you read it you tell me.
Thanks Rolando for taking the time to read my post and respond. I now believe this is a fake card but it was a learning experience.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Ray VDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
If you got it from Barbacoa215 you got ripped off. That seller is a crook; been selling prints of the same cards for years. I got burned earlier this year.
Yes it looks like I got Barbacoa'd. Oh well, live and learn.