NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2020, 01:35 PM

I live in Greensboro. I have mutliple packages sitting at the distribution center, supposedly, for multiple days. I am literally 15 minutes from the center. Frustrating.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:26 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMike View Post
I live in Greensboro. I have mutliple packages sitting at the distribution center, supposedly, for multiple days. I am literally 15 minutes from the center. Frustrating.
I hear you; I'm in Winston-Salem. All my stuff has to come through Greensboro. Everything is backed up. All my recent stuff coming to me is delayed, as is all stuff I sell and ship that goes through the same city. The distribution center is a joke, the postal employees in my local PO's can't even call them. They've flat out lost 2 packages - probably about $300 worth of cards in the last year - that were coming to me. One ebay covered me on, but the other was a trade with Mantle and Maris cards in the package that for all I know are still sitting on the floor under a conveyor belt in Greensboro somewhere. And they absolutely could not care less.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Andrew

This worries me. I’m recently back in the hobby after a long hiatus, and I’m of course very enthusiastic and haven’t had anywhere near the discipline to forego buying cards until USPS gets its shit together. Am I taking a major risk of lots of packages just disappearing, never to be found?
Old 12-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMike View Post
I hear you. I live in Cary, and have been expecting a couple of packages that are stuck in the Greensboro Distribution Center. They were supposed to arrive right after Thanksgiving.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:51 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

It seems to be registered mail that has the issues.
-I ordered some cards from Beckett Marketplace shipped on 12/3 (thurs) that arrived today from NV. that is fast delivery.
- another regular tracked mail shipped on Dec 1 that arrived today

It is the 3-day registered mail that I sent from NY on Nov 30, has just left NY today (after sitting at 2 different locations) At least I know it is moving,...
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 12-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Bill Roberts

I do not think there is such a thing as three-day registered mail.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Express Mail is the only way to go.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:49 PM

I swear the tracking will make you nuts. I had an item arrive today (in only 3 days after ordering!) before it shipped!
Old 12-15-2020, 11:00 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
I swear the tracking will make you nuts. I had an item arrive today (in only 3 days after ordering!) before it shipped!
This is true. With ebay winnings recently I've discovered some PO's that don't scan in outgoing mail. So as a result I've had at least one delivery that was only showing the shipping label printed, and then like 10 days later went immediately to Out For Delivery.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Express Mail is the only way to go.
sending a stack of cards to SGC it was strongly suggested to use registered mail with insurance.... otherwise, I would not have used registered

but it is definitely 3-day Priority mail, registered, with lots of insurance.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 12-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy View Post
sending a stack of cards to SGC it was strongly suggested to use registered mail with insurance.... otherwise, I would not have used registered

but it is definitely 3-day Priority mail, registered, with lots of insurance.
Agree Yes Def Registered On very expensive cards is the best. It will take a little longer but that’s fine with me. It will be under lock and key.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I hear you. I live in Cary, and have been expecting a couple of packages that are stuck in the Greensboro Distribution Center. They were supposed to arrive right after Thanksgiving.
Raleigh here Natedog.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:24 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Raleigh here Natedog.
Winston-Salem here. I feel you. All my stuff has to go through Greensboro. Recently the trend has been for it to just sit there for 3-5 days after arrival. I'm maybe 25 minutes from the distribution center.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-16-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:41 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Winston-Salem here. I feel you. All my stuff has to go through Greensboro. Recently the trend has been for it to just sit there for 3-5 days after arrival. I'm maybe 25 minutes from the distribution center.
Cool....there are a lot of us collectors here in NC.....
Old 12-16-2020, 12:01 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Durham here. Our local folks are great here. Rarely have a problem. When the package gets close (meaning its somewhere in NC, no matter the original source), it's here quickly. Usually the day of or the day after Informed Delivery says. However sometimes there's a problem getting it out of the NJ or PA distribution centers, which is where I have had a couple for the past few days now. All bets are off on those.

My problem is, unless its expensive and I'm worried about it or some key item, I tend to forget what I've bought and it just shows up. LOL
Old 12-18-2020, 07:06 AM
G.ary L.eavitt

Quote:

I'm in Charlotte.

Simple solution to all the USPS delays: Have the people that run the Chick-Fil-A drive thru's run it..we'll have our stuff the next day.
311-407 PSA 6
Old 12-16-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I ship a fair amount to a town right between the Greensboro and Raleigh USPS hubs. Can't begin to tell you how many times a parcel bounces back and forth between the two cities before somebody finally realizes it needs to be delivered to the right place. Adds a day or three to each mailing. Ridiculous.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:53 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I have one that says "out for delivery today - available for pickup"

Well which is it? It can't be both.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:04 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I have one that says "out for delivery today - available for pickup"

Well which is it? It can't be both.
Sure it can! They can deliver it to your address and you can pick it up off your rain drenched porch.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Usps

Sent a bat (Priority Mail) for delivery on November 2...arrived to the Elk Grove hub (Chicago area) on November 3...was here until November 25.....finally delivered to Florida on December 1.....had calls in everywhere and even filed a claim but it finally arrived to the buyer...
Old 12-16-2020, 08:20 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
I ship a fair amount to a town right between the Greensboro and Raleigh USPS hubs. Can't begin to tell you how many times a parcel bounces back and forth between the two cities before somebody finally realizes it needs to be delivered to the right place. Adds a day or three to each mailing. Ridiculous.
They seem to get Winston-Salem right 99% of the time, but I have had a package from Greensboro land in a town way in the western part of the state before because it was sent to the wrong PO zip after the hub processed it. 3 days or so later they got it right.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-16-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Howard Chasser

Default LOTS of delays

2 weeks from PA to NY
Old 12-16-2020, 08:17 AM
J0hn Collin$

LOL, the USPS just sent me a survey about my recent experiences. Anyone care to venture how that went?
Old 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

I’ve had no issues and I ship between 7-10 packages a week from Ebay sales. I only ship USPS two day priority. Maybe one or two have arrived one day later but most of this year I’ve had no problems.