NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Al Richter

We need a Paul Harvey
Old 07-14-2020, 07:28 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
We need a Paul Harvey
+1

This is a horrible story. But I'm impressed by how many people support you. You seem like an outstanding guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 07-14-2020, 08:41 PM
Dave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
+1

This is a horrible story. But I'm impressed by how many people support you. You seem like an outstanding guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you Tim. We all have our faults and unless one has the word Saint before their name, then none of us are perfect. Bottom line is that I don't cheat people on business deals, I try to be as fair as possible. But I don't rip people off, I don't take advantage of people and I don't lie to make a buck !!!

Can we say that about Crazy Uncle's...…..I'll let everyone decide that for themselves.....just so that Aaron doesn't threaten to sue me again for slander (which is actually libel) as he threatened me if I said a word on Net54. I've said more than a word.....so Aaron, go ahead and sue....I double dog dare you !!!
Old 07-15-2020, 07:17 AM
Howard Chasser

Default A story for sports collectors daily??

I believe they have offered non biased reporting of good and bad in the hobby and I believe reach a lot more collectors than this board. I for one believe this story is "newsworthy". May be worth contacting them Dave - to see if they are interested in publishing the story - I am sure they would reach out to Aaron for "his side" and at the very least would put a high degree of pressure (assuming he has a desire to continue in the auction business) on him to make effort to right this wrong (as best he can at this point). Here is their contact info: editor@sportscollectorsdaily.com
I would have sent the email myself, but believe it is your decision to make.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:13 AM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Excellent Suggestion, Howard, But...

It is indeed a great website, as it gathers news, both good and negative, about the hobby.
I just recently dealt with Rich in connection with a two-part blog about having a plan to sell your cards/sets through an auction house/eBay. Rich had me change/edit some material in the two pieces, which any good editor should do. He also had me take out a flip remark I made about the PSA scandal. And that's fine too. And let's not forget he has advertisers that support him so if a "scandal" broke out about one of them, don't look for Rich to report on it UNLESS a piece has already been published about it elsewhere. That's key.
Here's my point: I don't see Rich tackling this particular story for the simple reason that he is not an investigative reporter. He's a gatherer of stories from other newspapers/sources. Some good, some negative.
It's worth a shot, of course, Dave. But I see a big problem in the fact that there is not a truly independent reporting source when it comes to the current available media outlets for this hobby/industry. They are all supported by advertising to one degree or another.
Just thought I would provide that firsthand experience, which I have also had with a number of the other industry trade pubs in recent years.
Peace and stay healthy.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:40 AM
qualitycards

Dave sorry this happened to you.
Why did so many lots get no bids, didn't C.U. list them all or list them properly?
Auction houses usually list a lot at a fraction of its value as they love spirited bidding.
So curious why hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of memorabilia went unbid & was returned.

Can you post some links of a few of the unsold lots?

Hope you get your missing items & consignment check in a timely fashion.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Dave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Dave sorry this happened to you.
Why did so many lots get no bids, didn't C.U. list them all or list them properly?
Auction houses usually list a lot at a fraction of its value as they love spirited bidding.
So curious why hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of memorabilia went unbid & was returned.

Can you post some links of a few of the unsold lots?

Hope you get your missing items & consignment check in a timely fashion.

He couldn't handle the quantity even though he kept asking for more and more. So many never even made it to the auction.....I am assuming also in hopes that he would have enough to make his next auction look substantial.

Horrible marketing. Only sending out email blasts isn't enough. He wouldn't even take out a banner ad on Net54. Not sure if it was out of cheapness or bad strategy.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:45 PM
Doug Goodman

Default Proof that every post by CJDave was a lie

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=349430
Old 05-16-2024, 02:10 PM
Al Richter

Finally, Paul Harvey
Closed Thread