NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-28-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardfather View Post
Chris,

Please don't interpret this as a nasty or malicious response, but.......

I DON'T GET GUYS LIKE YOU!!!!
You went to game 5 of a World Series game, but you're not a fan of either team??????
Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night???
And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?
I don't get people like you who feel that they are entitled to something they are not. How about we are baseball fans and what baseball fan wouldn't want to go to a World Series game given the opportunity? I have been to 2 World Series games and I only wish that my team would make a World Series so I could watch them play in it.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:39 AM

Yeah I'm not sure about that POV either. I've been to a few Super Bowls because I had the opportunity to go. My team wasn't playing in the games. Should I stay home because the Giants aren't playing? Or should I go because it's an experience?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:55 AM

Made one game in 1980 (KC) while I was in college. Got to all of them in 1985 when the Royals won it all (including game six when Deckinger had his infamous "safe" call). Best post season game of all though wasn't even a WS game - it was the Wild Card game two years ago with the crazy comeback against Oakland.

Rob M
Old 10-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Joe M.

I attended all the games at Tiger Stadium in 1984. In those days you sent in payment to a PO Box and they sent you the tickets. I sent money from my home address, My PO Box, My Mothers address, My sisters address, my wife's 2 addresses from her work office. I received tickets for each location I mailed the ticket requests. I had tickets for all of the Home games. The Ticket prices were $ 25.00. This enabled me to take my son's, My Daughter and her husband, my Dad to different games. My youngest son and I attended the clinching game in Detroit. We were on the field after the Tigers clinched. I even had one pair of tickets I sold to a co-worker.

Those were the days. Never happen again. See those prices for the game today.

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 10-28-2016, 09:40 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

I've only been to one yankees-dbacks game 5 in 2001. Absolute mayhem after brocious home run. Never ever had more of a thrill than that game had chills for 5 days. Simply amazing.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
I attended all the games at Tiger Stadium in 1984. In those days you sent in payment to a PO Box and they sent you the tickets. I sent money from my home address, My PO Box, My Mothers address, My sisters address, my wife's 2 addresses from her work office. I received tickets for each location I mailed the ticket requests. I had tickets for all of the Home games. The Ticket prices were $ 25.00. This enabled me to take my son's, My Daughter and her husband, my Dad to different games. My youngest son and I attended the clinching game in Detroit. We were on the field after the Tigers clinched. I even had one pair of tickets I sold to a co-worker.

I would trade any card in my collection to go back in time and experience that.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 PM
George E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post

The first game I ever attended was Game 3 of the '84 Series. I was 6.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I don't get people like you who feel that they are entitled to something they are not. How about we are baseball fans and what baseball fan wouldn't want to go to a World Series game given the opportunity? I have been to 2 World Series games and I only wish that my team would make a World Series so I could watch them play in it.
Thinking the same thing....

I would love to be at Wrigley during this WS and not a huge fan of either but I AM A HUGE FAN OF BASEBALL HISTORY.

I have been looking for tickets in fact.
*I am not a millionaire and could do many other things with my time. I just would rather not if I had the chance.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 10-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Charles
Cha.rles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post

Chris,

Thanks for your response. I think that it was noble of you to accompany your friend who had no one else to go with.

And as for you Rat,

I don't think that I'm "entitled" to anything, except my paycheck (which I work very hard for).

I too am a fan of the game and when I travel on business I try to attend a game at the city that I'm in. I do this primarilly to experience the ball park, and unless one of the teams playing is in the NL East, I have no real rooting interest. (I would root against any NL East team - unless it was the Mets.)
I know in my heart that as a fan of the game I would be happy to attend ANY World series game, but that being said; I also know that a real fan of the team playing would be ESTATIC to attend that same game.

In 1996 a good friend of mine was working in upper-management for Circuit City Stores. He got a free pair of seats for one of the games at Yankee Stadium from his employer. Since my friend is also a Mets fan (and hates the Yankees almost as much as I do), he did the right thing and gave both tickets to his neighbor who was a die-hard Yankees fan.

This is just my opinion / point-of-view. And everyone knows that opinions are like you-know-whats!

- Charles

Check out my collection..........
http://ImageEvent.com/The_Cardfather

Check out my stuff for sale.........
(Message me for Net54 members direct sale discount.)
https://www.ebay.com/str/thecardfathersstore

Last edited by The-Cardfather; 10-28-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Mike E

1984. Padres vs. Tigers. Saw my friend and semi-pro teammate Doug Bair pitch in relief for Detroit.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Brandon Bailey

2008 game 4. Lots of homers including joe Blanton. Great experience , I took my Dad who has always hated baseball and still does, but took me to enough games and baseball card shows that I felt he should enjoy it,he loved the experience and still says it was by far the best sporting event he has ever been too. If my Orioles ever make it plan to go to more and take my sons this time around. Regardless of if it is your team or not if you can make a World Series it is unlike any other baseball experience.