NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-08-2014, 11:49 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

I picked my Clemente user icon back when I first joined. I found it doing a Google image search. Today, I purchased the original wire photo of the image off ebay. I apologize that this isn't a pre-war pick-up, but I just thought it was a pretty cool find:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clemente21.JPG (36.2 KB, 558 views)

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***
Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Default Need some advice on this one

I got my first T211, I am very excited for this one. The advice I need is this, I bought a T206 Kissinger in low grade (probably would be poor to fair), and they sent this American Caramel instead. I am fine with the American Caramel, but it is not a set I collect. The seller contacted me and said they would refund me $10 to return the card, which is very fair. My question is what would the American Caramel be worth? It is graded VG. If I decide to keep it, I would like to send an offer to make it fair for both them and me. I figure if I send it back, it would cost the seller at least $15 to send me the T206 (since they would refund me $10 to send it back, and about $5 to ship the other). Would it be worth it to them to just have me keep it? Should I offer them something to even up the cost? What roughly is the value of the American Caramel? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Oh, the little pin is a Red Cross tobacco pin. I was hoping to win the 3 Red Cross cards in the Legendary Auction last week, but no luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T211 Nolley0001.jpg (7.8 KB, 469 views)
File Type: jpg T211 Nolley0002.jpg (9.9 KB, 469 views)
File Type: jpg Cissell Indians0001.jpg (10.0 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg Cissell Indians0002.jpg (5.7 KB, 467 views)
File Type: jpg Cox American Caramel0001.jpg (11.4 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg Cox American Caramel0002.jpg (12.0 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg Red Cross tag.jpg (2.1 KB, 467 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 09-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Luke Lyon

That Cox E120 is worth about $25. There don't seem to be a lot of people collecting them. I've bought over 100 of them in the past year and have a pretty good idea of the market. If you were to offer them like $5-7 I bet they would see that as fair and be happy to have the issue resolved.

Last edited by Luke; 09-08-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
That Cox E120 is worth about $25. There don't seem to be a lot of people collecting them. I've bought over 100 of them in the past year and have a pretty good idea of the market. If you were to offer them like $5-7 I bet they would see that as fair and be happy to have the issue resolved.
Thanks, I have never bought one (I never have even shopped for one), and was thinking of keeping it to just have one from the series. But if that is all they are worth, I will send it back and get the T206 I originally bought. I appreciate the advice.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Jeff Lowe

Default More Athletics

T206 Thomas Sovereign Back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THOMASSF-1.jpg (24.1 KB, 643 views)
File Type: jpg THOMASSR-2.jpg (16.8 KB, 639 views)
Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild View Post
I picked my Clemente user icon back when I first joined. I found it doing a Google image search. Today, I purchased the original wire photo of the image off ebay. I apologize that this isn't a pre-war pick-up, but I just thought it was a pretty cool find:
That's awesome.. Clemente is the man, pre-war or not. Congrats
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild View Post
Jason -

I'm sure you probably already own one, but there is a 2008 Stadium Club card using your avatar picture. I'd send you one, but I don't have a dup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stadium-Club...item234036fe77

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-09-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:15 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default a new EPDG

Always loved the EPDGs....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rare-179.jpg (77.4 KB, 567 views)
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Danny Gr|mes

I've been wanting this one for quite some time. I'd like to thank a fellow net54er for helping me get it.

Last edited by refz; 06-26-2022 at 04:50 PM.