NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
Bobby, As much as I respect your opinion this isn't a problem for card collectors. Seems to me it's a problem for flip collectors. I've been on this board 10 years and this thread is a close 2nd to the New York dinner thread in "does it really matter in the big picture?" points. Sorry, I don't see the big deal.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you do acknowledge you're in the minority though right?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you do acknowledge you're in the minority though right?
If I'm in the minority, I am in good company with some of the greatest collectors in the game.

On a serious note, the only nuance I have is wanting all my cards in a set to match. I don't want to have them in all different slabs. I want them to all be graded by one company, and I want the "flip" to match. That's it. Like someone stated earlier, maybe SGC is hoping to get rush of collectors wanting to get stuff in the new label. I can promise, I am not the only collector who feels this way.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
If I'm in the minority, I am in good company with some of the greatest collectors in the game.

On a serious note, the only nuance I have is wanting all my cards in a set to match. I don't want to have them in all different slabs. I want them to all be graded by one company, and I want the "flip" to match. That's it. Like someone stated earlier, maybe SGC is hoping to get rush of collectors wanting to get stuff in the new label. I can promise, I am not the only collector who feels this way.
I agree with you, my comment about being in the minority was to 2dueces.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:51 AM
Peter Spaeth

It's a LABEL.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's a LABEL.
And it doesn't look like the others in my set!! Tell me this - if your keyboard for your custom made HP computer craps out, would you want to get any old keyboard or would you want to get an HP keyboard to match the one that crapped out? Sure, any old keyboard will work, but what if you want it to match the monitor and the computer? You might not care, but don't fault those of us that do!
Old 05-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Joe

Quote:
Let me understand this whole flip-flap because since I'm in the minority and not yet a physiatrist, I'm a little slow. The majority of the board has it's panties in a twist because of a tiny piece of paper in a flip that has no value. It protects the card that you bought to look at. You bought the card right? The card? Ok. So I was unaware that the majority of board members suffers from the same serious case of OCD that Sheldon has. I apologize for not being more sympathic. I think we have too many lawyers on the board and not enough Health professionals.

BTW. Above post is all in fun and meant to try to get a rise out of the majority. But I still say, Just let it go.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Let me understand this whole flip-flap because since I'm in the minority and not yet a physiatrist, I'm a little slow. The majority of the board has it's panties in a twist because of a tiny piece of paper in a flip that has no value. It protects the card that you bought to look at. You bought the card right? The card? Ok. So I was unaware that the majority of board members suffers from the same serious case of OCD that Sheldon has. I apologize for not being more sympathic. I think we have too many lawyers on the board and not enough Health professionals.

BTW. Above post is all in fun and meant to try to get a rise out of the majority. But I still say, Just let it go.
Since you don't seem to care, and that's fine, maybe you should take your own advice and let it go? Just a thought.

Dan Hicks

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 05-24-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added name
Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Joe

Quote:
Since you don't seem to care, and that's fine, maybe you should take your own advice and let it go? Just a thought.
Nah. Having too much fun with the old guy telling me to get off his lawn.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Todd Schultz

I'm sad to say, both generally and in this instance, that I agree with Wonka. It's far more than the flips here. It's the failure to gauge or perhaps even seek customer input followed by a poor response that are of greater concern to me. I am really having a hard time believing this group can be a significant player in the industry for very long if it is being managed at this level. I won't even spend much time on the additional problems with this latest product "roll out", such as the pop report still lacking (no search by year function), cards once in the pop report now missing, message boards either down or disbanded, no mention of whether/how gasket issues and holder security are being examined, etc. It's just a growing lack of a professional presence that concerns me. I'm no big corporate fan--give me the little guy every time-- but there has to be a far better showing of how to run a business than I've seen here for me to have confidence going forward.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Mike

This thread is about a "Label" and not the card in the slab ? I guess I don't understand this at all. I never even look at the label, except to see the grade. This is amazing to me. OCD lives on !!!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Nah. Having too much fun with the old guy telling me to get off his lawn.
So your motivation is simply to annoy...now I get it. Knowing that I'll just ignore.

Dan Hicks

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 05-24-2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: added name
Old 05-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Joe

Quote:
So your motivation is simply to annoy...now I get it. Knowing that I'll just ignore.
Not simply to annoy. Simply to point out that you guys are 5000 views into the second thread about a piece of paper that adorns your cards. I thought the card was the objective here? It's a group of guys bitching about a piece of paper. When we were younger we'd chuckle at the old guy on the porch telling us to get off his lawn. We swore we'd never be him. Guess what guys, you're him now.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Not simply to annoy. Simply to point out that you guys are 5000 views into the second thread about a piece of paper that adorns your cards. I thought the card was the objective here? It's a group of guys bitching about a piece of paper. When we were younger we'd chuckle at the old guy on the porch telling us to get off his lawn. We swore we'd never be him. Guess what guys, you're him now.
I think you've said your peace. You don't care, we get it.

Dan Hicks

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 05-24-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added name
Old 05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Sebastian

Quote:
We are not paying for that old man's lawn, we are however paying for that little piece of paper, if your objective is to troll I suggest you start a blog. its relatively easy

Sebastian

Last edited by sebie43; 05-24-2014 at 04:19 PM.