NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I think I do have all the bold 40 emblem cards and many of the front and back differences. But am not sure precisely how many of the cards can be found with glow ink or if the entire set can be made in all non glow ink.
I have put together both a complete glow set and a complete non-glow set without bold back logos. Bold back logos were found only on A & B sheet cards. Putting together a glow set is the easier of the two because I also found in my research that every factory set I purchased (approx. 10) had only glow back cards. Perhaps others can check their 91 factory sets as well to confirm this. In my opinion this would mean a much smaller number of non-glow sets exist since they would have to be put together by hand. While non glow sets may be in smaller quantities than the glow sets, I have not found that to be the case with singles obtained through packaged product (packs). I have gone through a ton of rack packs, cello packs, wax packs, vending boxes, etc. and found that the glow backs outnumbered the non-glow backs by about 60-40.

I have also put together a complete non-glow set with bold back logos. I am, however, still missing some glow back/bold back cards leaving that set incomplete. I am 100% confident they exist I just haven't come across a few of them. In the 20,000+ 91s I've obtained I have about twice as many non-glow bold backs as I do glow bold backs. This leads me to believe the glow back bold back cards are the most difficult to obtain.

The glow back / bold back cards that still need to be confirmed are:

#144, 271, 502, 505, 532, 542, 546, 563, 564, 574, 591, 610, 667, 671, 727, 746, 768, 774, 783, 792.

I think it's weird these are all in the upper portion of the set. What likely happened is that I have them but I misplaced them in a pile of cards or misfiled them or something. Nevertheless, they're unconfirmed. If anyone has duplicates of these and wants to put together their own set I would be happy to trade with them.

I'm not going to start a new thread like I mentioned before, I'll just keep adding more info on this one since the momentum is moving pretty good.

Here's a pic of bold logo backs vs. non-bold logo or faint (screened) logo backs:

Bio boxes on back can also be found in red or a faint pink but they have no distinct correlation to sheet codes like the 40 logo, it's just a random print abnormality. I chose not to include them on the master set list I created which I'll make available to everyone once I fine tune it a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0418.jpg (76.1 KB, 84 views)