NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Mike Rothstein

Default 1950s Team Pins

Hiya Mike

First - nice pins - and I've seen some really cool and incredible pins in the past few pages.

I don't collect pins - tho I like them - just don't want to sway too far from my current "focus."

A favorite of mine - is a complete "team" set of pins - that most likely were sold at ball parks in the 50s.

What makes this one more cool? The original cardboard backing.

Based on the Braves and Nationals pin? I would date this set from 1953 to 1955.

Pins are 3/4" and in really nice shape.

Last edited by stone193; 03-28-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Default Recent no-hit pitcher pinback pickups

Here are 3 recent pinbacks that I have picked up. I collect pinbacks of vintage no-hit pitchers.

BTW, I'm always looking for ones that I don't have. I would love to find one of Allie Reynolds, Virgil Trucks and Johnny Vander Meer. If you have these or any others to sell, PLMK. Thanks!

Many thanks to net54 member Rob Dewolf for offering me the Bob Lemon (hands over head) and the Cy Young that you see here. Cy Young threw 3 no-hitters at the turn of the century (including one perfect game), Bob Lemon threw one against the Tigers in 1948 in Det.

The other pinback is a rather scarce one that depicts no-hit pitcher Earl Hamilton. Earl Hamilton pitched a no-hitter against the Ty Cobb led Tigers in 1912.
After his ML career ended, Hamilton went on to own a minor league baseball team.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cy Young, Earl Hamilton and Bob Feller pinbacks.jpg (49.7 KB, 2715 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-30-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Mike

Great stuff guys. Love these vintage pins I am seeing on here. Keep them coming!

Mike
Old 02-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Rob

I have about 30 cases worth....here is a sampling. I get the frames from Indian River Display and recommend them highly. Sorry for the crummy pictures....

In the bottom case, I still need KEN HENDERSON!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (77.9 KB, 2626 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (76.6 KB, 2635 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0029.jpg (77.1 KB, 2631 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (76.1 KB, 2621 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0042.jpg (77.3 KB, 2617 views)
Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Rob,
Great Giants pin collection, and I know that you are just showing the tip of the iceberg here.

BTW, I collect pinbacks of guys that pitched no-hitters. I suspect that currently I have between 50-60 different ones. One pinback that I'm looking for is of Gaylord Perry in a SF Giants uniform. Do you have any duplicates or know someone that might?

Here is a small sampling of pinbacks from my own collection.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Rob

^^^^^^

I love that idea! I don't have any duplicates, but will keep an eye out. The orange border Perry might be a little easier than the PM-10, but both are tough. BTW, the Perry PM-10 is a bit of a mystery because it looks so "bootleg" but has the SF on his hat while other, more professional looking, Giants PM-10s sometimes do not. That is the only Perry PM-10 I know of.

I really mourn the passing of pinbacks in recent times. They are all but extinct.

P.S. I don't know of any Halicki or Montefusco pins.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
^^^^^^

I love that idea! I don't have any duplicates, but will keep an eye out. The orange border Perry might be a little easier than the PM-10, but both are tough. BTW, the Perry PM-10 is a bit of a mystery because it looks so "bootleg" but has the SF on his hat while other, more professional looking, Giants PM-10s sometimes do not. That is the only Perry PM-10 I know of.

I really mourn the passing of pinbacks in recent times. They are all but extinct.

P.S. I don't know of any Halicki or Montefusco pins.
I have only seen the Perry PM-10 w/ SF on hat show up on eBay once recently. Did you buy yours from Eric Weeden out in the East coast?

How big is the Orange boardered button of Gaylord?

Good to know about Halicki and Montefusco. I wondered if a pinback of these guys existed or not...

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Al

Rob,
Love the Giants pins. Im a big collector of the pm10s . I do have a few other giants that I dont see on your boards. Great collection. Here are a few that I have. Will post more as time permits. Al

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 11-16-2015 at 07:17 AM.