NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

Default Past events that i will address.......

In the past few weeks i have recieved some messages in regards to past conversations and posts here on Net54 by members. In general the posts seem to hover around Joann and a few others in regards to statements i have made. Also there could be a perception of how i feel in regards to some members on the board that i feel is wrong because i do not hate anyone.

Normally i would not post this on the main message board but hopefully we can all stop thinking about the past because there is nothing more annoying than someone constantly bringing up the past or the fact in 1908 they walked to school in 5 feet of snow 14 miles each day for 7 years.......

The messages i have recieved generally bring up Joann, Steve F, Rawn, Barry Sloate, Peter Spaeth and a few others. I'm being totally honest when i say i do not hate these people or have any thoughts of ill will towards them. My idealogy and also aspects of my life are very different from theirs and we do not see eye to eye on alot of viewpoints GASP- welcome to America or should i say jungle.

Some people feel i owe apologies to some of these folks and feel that i have crossed lines that they deem unfair and here is my response to that. Most of things i stated were in jest and reponses to hijacks on my threads. If everyone would be politically correct then the world would be BORING! Folks like Eddie Murphy, David Letterman, Dice Clay, Johnny Carson all brought laughter and created all kinds of drama with their sense of humor and if you did not like them then turn the channel.

I see that with the Joann situation some folks are offended and feel that i owe an apology to her for my comments. My thoughts on that have not changed and they never will, i honestly feel what i said was in jest and very mild to what happens in the world today. At the same auction i bought the artwork and book a woman in her late 30's was bidding on a diamond ring and i outbid her and she glared at me and shrugged, i then said don't make me take my belt off and she started laughing. She walked up and apologized and said she just loved the ring and thought she would win it and that she should not have gave me a dirty look, my response was well sweetheart it is a public auction and money is only dirty paper so you should have stayed on the ring. I ended up selling her the ring for 40 bucks over what i payed and it made her day GASP- she did not call Jane Fonda because of my belt comment GASP- i was not instantly beaten to death for actually having a response to her glare.

My point to all of this is very simple. Computers do not have voice inflection or expression so alot of things that are said are taken the wrong way. I really have nothing against Peter Spaeth because jeez the guy is a corporate attorney for god's sakes and really i'm just busting his chops and hopefully he does not feel i hate him because i do not. In regards to Rambo i know he realizes i am only kidding and really i enjoy his posts because he is hilarious. I thought with Joann that we had agreed to disagree so really i have not given it a second thought and i have no grudge or negative thoughts towards her. I just try and give Barry Sloate the needle but i see he could have never cut it hanging out with the likes of some of the baseball players he loves so i have stopped and will not horse around in regards to him.

Hopefully this has addressed some concerns and we can start living for tommorrow because yesterday is gone. I'm not posting anymore about my thoughts in regards to these folks and i hope they all have a merry life and find many Ty Cobb with Ty Cobb backs