NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Any senior moments in collecting?

Posted By: leon

Recently I made a deal with a good board member I have done some things with before. He saw a card on my site for sale, said he wanted it, and all was good. I told him I would double check to make sure I had it, but it was not marked sold on the site or my spreadsheet, so we were probably good to go. I looked for that darn card (a T209-1) for hours. I actually cleaned up my office and my card room trying to find it. It seems the more I get stuff organized the more I can't find anything. (not sure why that phenomena happens but it does). Our deal was for 2 cards and the other one I had in my palm so we were at least good for one. I must have picked up my stack of for-sale T cards 10 times, thumbing through them, but to no avail. Finally, on the day I was going to throw in the towel, I went back to the pile of T's once more. I flipped through them again (maybe 20 or 30, raw and in slabs in the same pile).....Nadda.....I laid them down on their backs and viola....there was the darn T209-1, in a top loader, stuck to the back of an SGC graded card. It fit perfectly between the 2 ridges in the holder and was stuck to it. The board member emailed today saying he got them and thanking me again. I was sweating it for a few hours though.....Any more stories out here about operational mishaps? regards

edited typo