NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2020, 09:07 AM
Mark Rios

Default COMC - Shipping by....Snail.

Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

This, supposedly due to Covid and Armageddon.

But interestingly, they have time to load new images/cards - daily!

Or maybe putting cards into plastic sleeves is a bit more taxing than
I previously thought.

- Mark
Old 08-15-2020, 10:57 AM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marckus99 View Post
Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

I previously thought.

- Mark
Dang! That is just using COVID as an excuse for poor customer service. I guess my 6-week service from them was pretty speedy by comparison since it took half the time. You can get nice cards at fair prices from them, but be prepared for a long wait.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Bob Andrews

I feel guilty for feeling the same way, I understand that there will be delays, but the avalanche of emails they send with auctions, etc. has me a little pissed that my latest requested shipment is scheduled for late October. It's just shy of four months from request. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, I did get an email from them stating that they are adding staff to catch up.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:11 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Yep. They are absolutely slammed right now.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:23 PM
M@++ Cyganik

It is a bit of a gouge at the moment for their standard shipping. One of the original appeals of their business model was that the shipping was built in to the buy cost (25 cents per card) and you could send all your cards back for one flat $4 rate.

Now they are jacking the timeline it takes to get those cards via the standard rate, and encouraging people to use the expedited rate, which is 25 cents per card. So essentially you're paying 50 cents per card + the now $5 flat rate.

To be fair I used that rate on about 20 of the most expensive cards I owned on there that I wanted in hand for my PC and they shipped out EARLIER than the expected date which is nice. It was about $10 shipping which I paid with my COMC credit.

But if you have say 1000 cards on there you want shipped for the original standard price... well, good luck!
Old 08-15-2020, 01:35 PM
R!CK LYON$

Mine is similar requested 6/9 expecting 9/9
Rick
Old 08-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marckus99 View Post
Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

I previously thought.

- Mark
I'm still waiting on my order from 5/1 to be shipped. It was supposed to ship on 8/3 but here we are. I'm going to try to get in contact with them soon. This is ridiculous
Old 08-15-2020, 01:51 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I stopped buying from COMC a while ago, I don't regret it one bit. They are the absolute worst.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:37 PM

COMC - Shipping by....Snail.

I looked it up. Snails move faster when it is warmer, so because it is hot pretty much across the country right now, they can't use this as an excuse for slow shipping.

Brian
Old 08-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Bob Andrews

This is what I don't understand...and someone can educate me if I'm missing something obvious.

If I buy a card from them via their site...my delivery time is months down the line. In the case with my latest order, three and a half months.

But if I buy a card from them on eBay the estimated arrival date is August 24, approximately one week.

britney-spears-gif.jpg
Old 08-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
This is what I don't understand...and someone can educate me if I'm missing something obvious.

If I buy a card from them via their site...my delivery time is months down the line. In the case with my latest order, three and a half months.

But if I buy a card from them on eBay the estimated arrival date is August 24, approximately one week.

Attachment 414168
They have to abide by Ebays rules. Plus, they don't have to worry about negative feedback on their site.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:31 PM
D@n.M@tsing3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post

Attachment 414168
If you order it on eBay you will wait a month file a claim against them and never get the item. Gone through that personally.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I stopped buying from COMC a while ago, I don't regret it one bit. They are the absolute worst.
I haven't completely quit buying from them but darn close.

Their search function sucks, can't even search by newly listed.
Prices have gone from great to are you BLEEPING kidding me.
I like error/variations but their new listing method is a complete sh*t show.

As a funny example just search for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken. The whole section is a complete sh*t show. In the one of many separate listings for the exact same version you can not search for the most recently added. Then you have the same people that list their cards at 10X everyone else clogging up your search. It is so bad there has to be cards still listed from when COMC opened. Now there is even a print error listed as a separate version.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:05 AM
Al Richter

Use them now only for back variants I am looking for since few back scans on eBay. If a card they have that I need can be bought on eBay I buy it there.

But most of the purchases I make from them are not expensive ones and shipping delays don't bother me much.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:34 AM
Tony Conte

I stopped buying off their site as well. Too slow.
Same reason I slowed my purchases of Project 2020 cards from Topps.