NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Bradley Holt

Default Internet Security!!!

Internet hacking is rampant this days within our community!!!

I believe there is a very serious problem going on with people breaking into email accounts via PayPal, eBay and personal bank info (everything!)… I’m not sure how it’s done, but I do know once a hacker has your ip address you’re completely open to key-loggers (they have your passwords), monitoring (watch everything you do with out your knowledge) and a bunch of other unknown programs…

How do other collectors combat this very serious problem…

How computer savvy are you??
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Bobby Binder

Most of the time these guys are getting your information because you are using a unsecure wireless connection in your home. They are picking off your info through your WIFI. Make sure this is secure and encrypted. They drive around areas with a laptop looking for good signals that are not password protected. As well never do anything in those free wireless coffee shops.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Doug C.

That's a good point, in the apartment complex I'm in I think I have the only encrypted wifi signal. It's just too easy for these guys.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Bradley Holt

No, I’m not talking about WIFI but that’s something to look into.

I think hackers get into other collectors computers to gain an advantage over the competition. Not only are they reading your personal emails but have access to all your families personal info (everything).

Here’s an example on how hackers can gain access to a non savvy collector who may not be aware of this behavior. I’ve been battling this sh@t for sometime now trying to figure out how they are gaining access to all of my families personal info.

Email: make sure your passwords are very strong; hacking programs can easily recover your passwords which are downloaded onto your computer. How? By opening attached files from your email account (photos’, etc…). So you think you’re safe because you got spyware, think again most spyware can be penetrated by up to date hacking programs…

Ip Address: Not sure how this is done but I think when sending emails to others there is a way to view the senders Ip address, probably by using some type of hacking program… So the hacker has your Ip address and is able to gain access to all of your private information (passwords, everything).

Monitoring programs: This program is downloaded most likely from your email when opening attached files onto your computer. This program uses your Ip address to gain a visual for the hacker (your browser when surfing, everything).

Key-logger: This program is downloaded most likely from your email when opening attached files onto your computer. So you think you are safe because you got a good anti-keylogger, think again most anti-keyloggers can be penetrated by up to date hacking programs (No key-scrambler doesn’t work)… Everything you type is being recorded (passwords, credit card info, everything).

So this might be a shock to some collectors and it should be!!! But what’s more shocking is NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

Last edited by V117collector; 05-08-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Having at least two anti-virus/anti-spyware programs is good. One catches what the other may miss. Luckily, there are decent free anti-spyware programs to use as the backup to the main program you pay for. Lavasoft Ad-Aware (spyware) and AVG Anti-Virus (spyware and virus) have good free versions that you can download.

Last edited by drc; 05-08-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Bobby Binder

I am sooooooo glad I have a Mac it gives me peace of mind.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 PM

Default Cyrillic Alphabet

Might not work for everyone but my parents came from the Ukraine & I'm fluent in both Russian & Ukrainian.

My most frequent response to hacking attempts on my encrypted Cyrillic alphabet accounts is: "YOB TEBE" (Anglisized from the Cyrillic)

If no can supply a translation, I'll do it in a day or two.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 PM
David McDonald

http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/russian.htm
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Bradley Holt

Still being hacked into EBay and Email... No wonder we're slowing losing are rights!

Interesting article:
http://www.infowars.com/us-cybersecu...cratic-rights/