NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Default The BST thread is great

Posted By: Bob

I have had a lot of success buying cards I need by prying cards out of boxes, sheets, safe deposit boxes and collections from other collectors by using the BST thread, also in selling my own cards. One more time to say kudos for this vehicle. In this day of faceless transactions and internet buying and selling, it is nice to know that there is still one forum in which collectors can buy sell and trade with other collectors.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

I second that. Only wish more people would list thier items here before sticking them on ebay. With all the traffic that views this board daily, there is still a relatively small number of folks that post things for sale over there. Come on people...try to sell there first....it saves you on paying ebay fees!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

plus you figure that most of the time it's going to go to a board member anyways, so you're saving steps...

Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

Its great for certain items, but sometimes an auction format is the preferred method. It would be great to have a net54 auction progran installed someday

Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I might add that, although it's caveat emptor over there, it's a much safer place to buy, sell or trade than ebay,imo. The total # of threads in all of the categories sometimes exceeds the front page threads per day....which shows the activity level. I also hope that folks that post over there will chime in on our discussions but it's not mandatory.....best regards

Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

I think that one of the reasons that people use Ebay is because they are not sure what to ask for a price for some items. I know that I have 6 Turkey Red's in various conditions that I am thinking about either selling or trading, but I have no idea what a fair price is.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

I've bought and sold a few things over there hassle-free. It's a nice asset.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

You can always try an item like Joe D is doing...state upfront here is such and such item...not sure of the value so you'll take best offers for 3 days or whatever...I don't think there is anything wrong with that. That way if people are interested in it and know other people may be as well you should get what its worth

Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Administrator

I wasn't sure if something like that was allowed so I never did it. I just figured that you had to have a price listed or something that you were looking for in trade.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

If you post something on BST and it sells in 15 minutes or less, its priced too low.

If you post something on BST and it sells, then its relisted the next week at a higher price, its priced too low.

If you post something on BST and it receives 4 or more "Email sent" responses, its priced too low.

If you post something on BST and you get multiple offers from someone that lists 50+ cards per week on BST, its priced too low.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator

I think Leon is pretty leniant on what goes on with the B/S/T as long as there doesn't get to be many complaints or something fishy going on.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Brian, I know what you are saying, but at that point it is too late to do anything about it.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

On the auction? Joe is doing over there he was polite enough to ask if it was ok, or if there was an issue....Here was my response, verbatum....

Hi Joe,
I saw it and have no issue….As long as folks communicate what they are doing, as you did, then I rarely have an issue…Good luck with it

Best regards

leon

Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I did want to post here earlier... but I didn't want it to look like a plug for my current BST 'auction'. Since it was mentioned - I am happy to respond

Trying something new (at least for me), I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the approach - so, I am happy to hear that my current BST post is okay.

The thought process was in the spirit of our auction discussion... an alternative to eBay, and an alternative to the rush-to-respond-buy BST post.

Not exactly a true auction, but somewhat a hybrid...
if it can prove to be a good learning experience for forum members, and an alternate way to post on the BST - all the better.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I've had several cards sell within 15 minutes of going on but rather than regret that the price was too low, I look at the price and consider what I intially paid for it and if I can make a little profit and the buyer is happy and paid less than he might have elsewhere, we both win. Although some of the cards have sold to guys with deep pockets, a lot go to Joe Average Collector like myself, so it's great to help someone out and make a buck or two along the way.