NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Jay Shelton

Default JFKAutograph eBay seller

I've always been impressed by his eBay auctions, especially since he shows front/back of cards and also includes a separate graphic in which he indicates any surface creasing on cards with dotted lines. I think that is above and beyond really good customer service. Anyway, I recently tried to buy a card of his (Buy it Now) and got a message from eBay that I was blocked from bidding....

Hmmm, I thought, so I did some investigation. Sure enough, in the spring of 2021, I purchased two 1951 Bowman football cards from him at the same time (Buy it Now, both in the cart, both paid for together, etc.). One card was shipped and arrived on time, the other card was not included and never arrived. Two weeks went by, and I contacted the seller and told him what had happened, so he promptly refunded me for the card that never arrived. (On a sidenote, I wondered why the cards were shipped separately if I paid for them at the same time, etc.).

Low and behold, about two weeks after my refund, the card did show up. I promptly contacted the seller and told him what had transpired and communicated that I wanted to pay (or repay the refund if you will) for the card, and asked him to please send me his paypal info, etc., and I'd be glad to pay. Never heard back from him. The card was only a $4 and change card, but I wanted to make it right, and I still do.

Evidently, I guess he thought I was not to be trusted and banned me from bidding or buying from him on eBay. Does anyone know how to contact JFKAutographs. I'd really like to pay for the card, whether he lifts the ban or not.

Thanks again, and as always, thanks for all the great members here!
Old 03-18-2022, 09:24 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I wondered if he might possibly be a member here and would like to be able to contact him outside of ebay.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I wondered if he might possibly be a member here and would like to be able to contact him outside of ebay.
For 4 bucks?
Old 03-18-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
For 4 bucks?
Clearly, being able to bid again is the more pressing matter!
Old 03-18-2022, 09:36 AM
Chris Eberhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Low and behold, about two weeks after my refund, the card did show up. I promptly contacted the seller and told him what had transpired and communicated that I wanted to pay (or repay the refund if you will) for the card, and asked him to please send me his paypal info, etc., and I'd be glad to pay. Never heard back from him. The card was only a $4 and change card, but I wanted to make it right, and I still do.

Evidently, I guess he thought I was not to be trusted and banned me from bidding or buying from him on eBay. Does anyone know how to contact JFKAutographs. I'd really like to pay for the card, whether he lifts the ban or not.
You owe him nothing and he has already received exactly what he deserves. :wink:
Old 03-18-2022, 09:37 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
For 4 bucks?

4 bucks?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2022, 09:39 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
For 4 bucks?

Oh, that was the OP. Not me. I have had no issues here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2022, 09:57 AM

Noble thing to do, at least try, despite the value
Old 03-18-2022, 02:17 PM

Isn't everyone (who sells a vintage baseball card on ebay) a member of net54 ?
Old 03-18-2022, 02:58 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

I just sent a message to the ebay seller detailing this thread and provided him with a link to see it.

Hope he contacts the OP

LMK
Old 03-18-2022, 05:07 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

iwantmytwodollarsx.jpg

"I want my two FOUR dollars (and change)!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 03-18-2022 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:08 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Attachment 507803

Better Off Dead - great movie.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:15 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
I just sent a message to the ebay seller detailing this thread and provided him with a link to see it.

Hope he contacts the OP

LMK
Here is the reply I got from the seller:

I read your link. I unblocked Jayworld.

As a note, if I can't trust that items get delivered to an address, then I have to block the buyer from any future sales. Not a trust issue with the buyer (although I've had issues in the past with unscrupulous buyers), but an un-trust issue with Postal delivery. I don't recall the specifics with Jayworld, but his commentary sounds right.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the heads-up. If you know how to contact Jayworld, tell him he is out of the 'doghouse'!

Robert
Old 03-19-2022, 11:20 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I love stories with happy endings
Old 03-20-2022, 03:39 PM
Jay Shelton

Thanks, Guys! I will try to contact Robert again now that I am unblocked and try to pay. I know $4 is chump change for many, but to me, it is doing the right think, no matter how big or little. Again, appreciate all the feedback and help!
Old 03-20-2022, 05:24 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Attachment 507803

My wife likes it when I can share baseball threads with her that are in her wheelhouse. Thanks for including this meme.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-21-2022, 09:27 AM
Jay Shelton

As a postnote, I contacted the seller via ebay (JFKAutograph), and now that he unbanned me, my message was able to be sent, and I DID receive a reply:

For various reasons I cannot do this. First, my user name is an e-mail address that I no longer give out. Second, I can't communicate an e-mail address without a red flag. Third, I'm ot changing the Paypal user name and Fourth, I use to work for e-Bay before retiring and they have an active oversight on my account. No shenanigans.

Someday, buy a couple of nice things and don't ask for a shipping discount and we will call it even. Welcome Back

Robert

So, there you go... Take it for what it is. Thanks for the earlier help.