NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default From Seattle...

RATS

Those voters are Kluber-less
Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

While I think they made the right choice, I'm surprised at the vote total.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
RATS

Those voters are Kluber-less
Scott,

If it's any solace, Kluber is most similar at age 28 to Joe Corbett. Corbett was a one year wonder at age 21, pitched briefly in 1904 at age 28, and never won another game.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Belltown Vintage

Actually, I like Kluber. I had been looking forward all week to the award presentation and it was the first time I had ever listened to Kluber talk. I have to admit that after listening to him and hearing the finalists discussed, I was sort of hoping he would get the award - very nice, humble guy, and his performance this year was really special. Felix will have great years almost every year, but this was Kluber's first, so you hope he does well in the future, but he doesn't have a history of it yet. If he doesn't have a great career, at least he has this Cy Young Award.

Also, I think that one bad start in Toronto did it for Felix - all the starters let us down during that stretch, and the voters had to be thinking about it. If that bad start had come early, and Felix had instead finished with his record-setting streak, the vote might have been different.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-13-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:08 AM
And.rew C0rs0

Also from Seattle, how could Russell Wilson not have been voted to the Pro Bowl? Or even as a Pro Bowl 1st or 2nd alternate. He is a legitimate MVP candidate and probably the most dynamic player in the NFL.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc2q View Post
Also from Seattle, how could Russell Wilson not have been voted to the Pro Bowl? Or even as a Pro Bowl 1st or 2nd alternate. He is a legitimate MVP candidate and probably the most dynamic player in the NFL.
? 17th in passing yards, 14th in passing TDs, 9th in rating. The guys voted in are better QBs and more deserving MVP candidates. Seattle's MVP candidate is their defense.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Belltown Vintage

Richard Sherman made some good points as to why other Seahawks did not make it. But I agree that the qb choices were good ones.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:37 AM
Martin Parker

This site make for interesting reading. Every single play in every game is broken down and grades given. Using this system here are the 'deserving' pro bowl players.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...wl-selections/

This has no regard for the popularity ratings that see players voted in year after year.