NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Live Auctions - Only 2-3 open, per member, at once.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default SOLD - 1939 PB Hubbell NM

You don't want to bird dog a Live Auction on Net 54, do you? Of course not.
On Ebay or other auction sites you can place a MAX bid and rest easy, not pay one dime more than you are willing to pay and possibly pay less. Wowser.

Therefore, here's the deal. I am offering a NM (BVG 7) 1939 Play Ball card of HOFer Carl Hubbell for a 5 day Live Auction ending Friday at 10PM sharp EDT.

I am asking for an opening bid of $50. Bidding increments of $5 thereafter.

All bidders are asked to place a bid on thread in multiples of $5 ---- ie 50-55-60-65-etc.

However if you choose to place a MAX bid in addition to an incremental, please place an incremental bid in the thread and send your MAX bid to me via PM.
If your incremental bid is overbid by another bidder, I will place a MAX bidder overbid for you in the thread up to your limit as the auction proceeds. Basically the same as eBay. I will bird dog the auction for you, so you can rest easy and drink more. The MAX bidder overbids that I place obviously will not be instantaneous, but I will try to place them in a timely manner. A complete history of the bidding record including MAX bids will be kept and revealed if necessary. I can assure you that no shill bidding will occur and only bidders who have placed a bid in the thread will be included in the bidding history. I would like this format to work for two reasons.

1. With a MAX bid the buyer is freed from following the auction to conclusion if the closing time is inconvenient. Obviously if your MAX bid is high enough you will get the card you want and you will only pay $5 more than the second highest bidder so you are protected.

2. With the MAX bidding option, there should be more interest in bidding and the seller (me, in this case) potentially will get a better return over the usual Live Auction bidding format.

Remember all bidders are asked to place an incremental bid in the thread, so this is as transparent as possible, even if your choose to place a MAX bid with me via PM. It is also allowed to raise your MAX bid as well. Why not?

I think that covers everything. Now I would like to introduce Mr. Hubbell.

In the event of tying bids, the first one to bid at that level wins. Note this would require a jump bid on the thread resulting in essentially two MAX bids of the same amount. Obviously the first one should and will prevail. The second bidder at that level will be notified by PM that his bid is not in play and I will also post to that effect.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 03-21-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Noel

Default Hubbell

$55
Old 03-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Today is Lou Gehrig day.

Did you know that Carl Hubbell struck out five consecutive batters in the 1934 All-Star game. Each day of this auction is dedicated to the five strikeout victims.

Monday was Babe Ruth day.

Today is Lou Gehrig day.

Tomorrow is Jimmie Foxx day.

Thursday is Al Simmons day &

Friday is Joe Cronin day.

Of course bidding on this gem is permitted on any day and with the MAX bid option, you can place a bid anytime without waiting until Joe Cronin day.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
T!M R10rd@n

$75
Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default It's Jimmie Foxx day

A MAX bidder has placed a bid of $80.

The next bid is $85 or more.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 03-19-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Yup, it's Al Simmons day

To reassure all the snipers in the reeds, tomorrow during the final hour of the auction, I will be stationed at the MAX bidder control center to provide timely updates on MAX bidding with notifications sent directly to those who have been outbid down the stretch.

Remember as well that shipping is included in the bid price and there is NO Buyer's Premium. --- Zero, Nada, Zilch

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.