NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-07-2024, 11:05 AM
Eric Pugh

Default Geoff Wilson

I don’t understand all that hate that Geoff Wilson seems to get in our hobby.

Absolutely the guy is sometimes cringe, he doesn’t really know that much about vintage, which is sort of embarrassing for a guy his age I believe he’s about 47?, I also believe him opening up a $4 million store was one of the dumbest things in the world (But what do I know I used to think any sort of “vault” would never work and was the worst idea ever)

But the guy brings a ton of energy and thoughts/ideas and News to the forefront and he is not impossible to listen to on podcasts and I think it’s super cool all of the stuff he does. I mean, the guy is sort of living the dream making a living out of our hobby and sharing it with his young kids after having a successful business career. I have to give this guy mad props to be honest

On top of all that positivity - The guy seemed to be a genuinely good guy.

I’m going to stay right now for the record that I’m a fan. And I know many people actually don’t like the guy, but I think that the positives far outweigh the negatives (what r the negatives again???) - and this guy needs to be more appreciated and certainly not vilified. Imo he’s an asset to our hobby not a liability

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-07-2024, 11:29 AM
Brian K

I don't think you're wrong at all. People like him are lightning rods, big personalities are easy targets for small minds. I basically have two thoughts about it, first, you are dead on with the energy being brought to the hobby. We live in a society of social media consumption, and that is driven by second hand experiences, so when he travels all over, meets big names, throws money around like it is nothing, people (some) gravitate toward that as it is the life that a lot of folks strive to have. Perceived importance, influencer, or whatever, as long as he is a good person, which he seems to be, I have no issue with him. Getting kids excited about the hobby is important, and this is how it's done now.

Second, in my career I have been around consumer goods, and what drives marketing. The public face is one thing, behind the scenes, he is making money hand over fist for his endorsements of platforms, products and experiences. This is 100% a business, and I have to tip a hat his way for doing it well. I think a lot of the hate is aimed at his success, which is sad, but it is also a part of the human condition.

Save your hatred folks, redirect your energy into positive things, let people do their thing, if they aren't harming anyone, tip a hat and let them be.
Old 08-07-2024, 11:50 AM
R0ck Cund.iff

LOL, he's the king of Pump and Dump! He hypes up cards he has (KNOWING there are plenty of sheep out there), drives up the price, then of course dumps it/them. He committed fraud and used China Virus money to buy expensive cards. I haven't seen a video of his in a long time, but when I did, never once heard him say he's giving opinions and not investment advice.
Old 08-07-2024, 11:57 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Geoff Wilson

He got some flack I think a few years back for being relatively new to the cards / collectibles game and seeming to imply he was so knowledgeable, etc. I am not up on the specifics, but supposedly he was into risky investments, NFT’s etc. and lost a lot of coin doing that prior to the pandemic.

On the surface he seems legit, if overly cheesy and into just about everything under the sun. The investment angle he takes with cards and specifically modern is always going to be controversial.

Because Geoff is so into both modern and dollar signs on cards seemingly being the most important thing - I don’t have much use for him personally. Realize that over the decades, many temporary big names in the hobby have come and gone. To me, the jury is still out on whether this guy will be just another one of those or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 08-07-2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:00 PM

Who? Nevermind, it doesn't sound like it would be of any interest whatsoever.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
That's my feeling about the whole "bro" generation of youtubing flippers, breakers, influencers, tshirt wearing device toting social media addicted card guys. Not personal to him. But sure, live and let live.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-07-2024 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:18 PM
John Coffman

He is annoying to me for promoting the mindset that the value of cards is what matters above all else. He knows that is the culture in this hobby that draws the most eyeballs and leads to his endorsement opportunities. I'm just disappointed that the commodity and gambling aspects of the modern hobby are the most visible and end up drawing in the kids.

He ultimately ends up on my ignore list as I prefer to utilize my time watching people who are like myself in viewing card value as simply the boundary condition to the cards I wish to acquire. Once the acquisition is made, the cards get admired regularly with no regard to their value. Any emotional aspect to value is tied to the fact that I feel very fortunate to be able to own some of these amazing cards. Barring some unforeseen future circumstance, the only people who will benefit from my collection value will be my wife or kids.

Find me on YouTube with my personal channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwL...J3z8FC96gAQCrA

Or as one of the members of 4 Collectors:
https://www.youtube.com/@4CollectorsForCollectors

Collecting Goal: A Playing Days Card of Every MLB Player Hall of Famer, Status (8/1/24) - 78/273
Old 08-07-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
That's my feeling about the whole "bro" generation of youtubing flippers, breakers, influencers, tshirt wearing device toting social media addicted card guys. Not personal to him. But sure, live and let live.
I just turned 50, so officially old, and I despise that loud, self-absorbed social influencer bullshit ... but my 14-year-old son digs it and it helped get him into the hobby, and now we share it together, so there's that.

Unfortunately, his generation can't watch a movie without spending half of it on their phones, and they don't know what to do without it in their hand, which is perfect for an endless stream of carnival-barker stupidity on TickTok and Instagram.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:25 PM

Default Investor

His channel is called sports card investor. What’s his track record? Does he ever say- how much he’s made people from his “investment advice?” He is bad for the hobby, because he talks out both sides of his mouth. He wanted to be an “investor” but he’s failed to give solid advice or make any money from investing in cards. So he pivoted to the market mover app and the card store- it’s the only way he can make a profit from the hobby.

So we feel, teaching kids that investing in cards is a smart idea and good for the hobby? If an adult goes into credit card debt, is that good for the hobby?

People can feel however they want about him, but attention doesn’t always mean someone is helping the hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0...mIb_Ra-LBywc3A
Old 08-07-2024, 12:29 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemente_Collector View Post
His channel is called sports card investor. What’s his track record? Does he ever say- how much he’s made people from his “investment advice?” He is bad for the hobby, because he talks out both sides of his mouth. He wanted to be an “investor” but he’s failed to give solid advice or make any money from investing in cards. So he pivoted to the market mover app and the card store- it’s the only way he can make a profit from the hobby.

So we feel, teaching kids that investing in cards is a smart idea and good for the hobby? If an adult goes into credit card debt, is that good for the hobby?

People can feel however they want about him, but attention doesn’t always mean someone is helping the hobby.
Spot on! You're pretty smart.....except for the Clemente part, should be collecting Jackie!
Old 08-07-2024, 01:05 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

He offers terrible advice under the guise of 'investing.' Every single piece of advice he gives would have resulted in significant financial losses for anyone who followed it. At best, it's simply bad advice; at worst, it appears to be a pump-and-dump scam similar to what Gary V. is known for.
Old 08-07-2024, 01:20 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

1, He runs a pretty blatant pump and dump scheme.

2, His investment advice, related to 1, is objectively horrible and he has made numerous terrible picks over and over again.

3, The covid funds government handout to buy cards.

4, Luddites hate that his audience is young and he uses modern technology and communications platforms because it is not 1985 anymore.
Old 08-07-2024, 01:23 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniship View Post
I don’t understand all that hate that Geoff Wilson seems to get in our hobby.

Absolutely the guy is sometimes cringe, he doesn’t really know that much about vintage, which is sort of embarrassing for a guy his age I believe he’s about 47?, I also believe him opening up a $4 million store was one of the dumbest things in the world (But what do I know I used to think any sort of “vault” would never work and was the worst idea ever)

But the guy brings a ton of energy and thoughts/ideas and News to the forefront and he is not impossible to listen to on podcasts and I think it’s super cool all of the stuff he does. I mean, the guy is sort of living the dream making a living out of our hobby and sharing it with his young kids after having a successful business career. I have to give this guy mad props to be honest

On top of all that positivity - The guy seemed to be a genuinely good guy.

I’m going to stay right now for the record that I’m a fan. And I know many people actually don’t like the guy, but I think that the positives far outweigh the negatives (what r the negatives again???) - and this guy needs to be more appreciated and certainly not vilified. Imo he’s an asset to our hobby not a liability

Thanks for listening!
You don't get that he was at the forefront of giving bad investment advice from the beginning when he knew absolutely NOTHING. You don't get that he is a grifter? You don't get that he lost a confirmed 3 M in 3 years, while losing MILLIONS for idiots that were too new in the hobby that listened to him...AND paid him for his putrid advice. You don't get that he didn't know squat about a card shop and yet doubled down on a $3M venture. He's a jerkoff plain and simple. IMHO. Please, you enjoy him though. I think He's an AHOLE. But that's just me.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-07-2024 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Scott Russell

How come I feel like ignorance is bliss in this situation...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-07-2024, 02:52 PM

I enjoy watching his videos and have no problems with him. Tons of people pump their cards every day ("my card is totally undergraded" etc), he's just doing it with a larger audience.
Old 08-07-2024, 03:06 PM
Matt

Default our experience....

I have never taken and applied any of his advice on investing in the 'newest', 'hottest', 'can't miss' whomever. There's a new flavor every week. I'm mostly not into the 'shiny' new stuff he usually talks about and I agree he knows little about the vintage we like here.

However, my 15 y.o. son loves the hobby (mostly racing cards and a little football & baseball) and we watch some of his podcasts on Youtube. Some interviews are interesting and others we skip by. He has gotten into talking about vintage signed cards in the last year, and that gets my attention. Just my 2 cents....
Old 08-07-2024, 03:11 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac_73 View Post
He offers terrible advice under the guise of 'investing.' Every single piece of advice he gives would have resulted in significant financial losses for anyone who followed it. At best, it's simply bad advice; at worst, it appears to be a pump-and-dump scam similar to what Gary V. is known for.
This all day.

Completely scammed collectors with a sham NFT scheme called “hits”. Consistently knows absolutely nothing about what he is talking about and just pushes horrible investment advice for rookie prospecting. Took over 2 million in ppp loans while spending a ton on cards…they were forgiven and thus paid by us all. Took full advantage of the loan forgiveness by paying back nothing.

Never listening to someone who just picks his “investments” off what seems like the same chance as a tarot reading. The guy lost a fortune on Desmond Ridder and Mack Jones…he knows zero about his subject but parades as an “expert”.

He’s just touting whatever bad investment he’s made as the next IBM stock to sell his bad choices.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 08-07-2024, 03:32 PM
Brian K

Quote:
I was going to lump him in with Gary V, glad someone else did. That guy is a whole other discussion, I don't even understand why he has a booth at the National. His brand is the litmus for the industry, conjuring up nonsense cards and building rarity into them, trying to establish a value for them. It is laughable, and yet brilliant as people are invested in it. Sports cards, non-sport cards, and even Pokemon (I hate myself for saying that), at least have a connection to something tangible, his Vee Friends have nothing but lame illustrations an understanding of the current market.

I can appreciate his positive messages that he pushes on the business side, but like everything else, the almighty dollar is pushing the biz, to quote Tommy Callahan, "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time." Sub out TRENDY with guaranteed and you have the Gary V business model.
Old 08-07-2024, 03:34 PM

Thankfully, a lot of the Luddites recall the late 1980s RC craze and wouldn't relive that for any amount of money.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:11 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Jeez never heard of him. Not once.

Some of my efforts to distance myself from stupid shit on the Internet might possibly be working.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:12 PM
Bruce Mattioli

He's just another D-Bag investor/Flipper..
Old 08-07-2024, 04:21 PM
pete ullman

as pete s said...not a fan of the bro/tik tok/youtube/investing nonsense. Wilson is cheesy...the whole "helllllllllllllllo sportscard investors" is cheesy. His silly nicknames for his cohorts are cheesy. def a money grab with his "app." i've watched some videos...was always disappointed.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
as pete s said...not a fan of the bro/tik tok/youtube/investing nonsense. Wilson is cheesy...the whole "helllllllllllllllo sportscard investors" is cheesy. His silly nicknames for his cohorts are cheesy. def a money grab with his "app." i've watched some videos...was always disappointed.
People send me youtube videos all the time. The minute I see some dude with a tshirt, facial hair and backwards ball cap -- usually very quickly -- that's it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:36 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

I'm always leery of people advising others on which new players to invest in. Professional scouts, who actually know the sport, often have trouble predicting who will become a star or identifying undervalued players. So, what makes you think some random card guy knows? If he did, every team would be calling him to hire him as a scout or GM.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:54 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualplane View Post
I enjoy watching his videos and have no problems with him. Tons of people pump their cards every day ("my card is totally undergraded" etc), he's just doing it with a larger audience.
Exactly. He brings people into the hobby. While I may not agree with all his views, there is no denying he is probably one of the most influential card personas in the last few years.
Old 08-07-2024, 05:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
Exactly. He brings people into the hobby. While I may not agree with all his views, there is no denying he is probably one of the most influential card personas in the last few years.
Why would anyone listen to him? What are his credentials? What's his track record? Or is it just the PT Barnum principle.

Old 08-07-2024, 05:15 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
Wilson knows the art of views and algorithms to use to grow his platform on social media outlets thus fueling money into the industry. I agree with you guys most of the comments about his content are pure puff but puff and fluff draws views and interest.
Old 08-07-2024, 06:07 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Why would anyone listen to him? What are his credentials? What's his track record? Or is it just the PT Barnum principle.
I can’t speak to that. But he does have 331k subscribers on YouTube so he must be doing something right.
Old 08-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Eric Perry

I watched some of his content during the early days of the pandemic. They didn't resonate with me at all. The thing I remember most clearly was the $500/year pricing tool he was selling. Nice work if you can get it, I guess.

I formed an opinion of him rather quickly, then tuned him out more or less completely. Candidly, I'm surprised he's still part of the hobby.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 08-07-2024, 07:38 PM
Albert Bee

Default seller

Like way back in day, when some loud talking lunatic was selling beanie babies on QVC ...and ......we were buying them ! LOL
Old 08-07-2024, 07:43 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D80SKID View Post
He is annoying to me for promoting the mindset that the value of cards is what matters above all else. He knows that is the culture in this hobby that draws the most eyeballs and leads to his endorsement opportunities. I'm just disappointed that the commodity and gambling aspects of the modern hobby are the most visible and end up drawing in the kids.

He ultimately ends up on my ignore list as I prefer to utilize my time watching people who are like myself in viewing card value as simply the boundary condition to the cards I wish to acquire. Once the acquisition is made, the cards get admired regularly with no regard to their value. Any emotional aspect to value is tied to the fact that I feel very fortunate to be able to own some of these amazing cards. Barring some unforeseen future circumstance, the only people who will benefit from my collection value will be my wife or kids.
Well said John and welcome to the forum.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 08-07-2024, 07:45 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
Spot on! You're pretty smart.....except for the Clemente part, should be collecting Jackie!
Cobb > Jackie

-

Last edited by Casey2296; 08-07-2024 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2024, 08:06 PM
Jorge Pelayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
How come I feel like ignorance is bliss in this situation...

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1910-11 T212 Obaks
1910-11 M116's
1912 T207
1912 C46 Imperial Tobbaco
Frank Arellanes Zeenuts
Old 08-07-2024, 08:32 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Cobb > Jackie
You need to lay off the Hippie Lettuce
Old 08-07-2024, 09:34 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I met Geoff at the Toronto Expo and he was a nice guy. He made a very strong offer on my Jackie, but like the greedy SOB I am, I wanted a bit more and he didn't do it. Oh, and by the way, I ended up selling that Jackie six months later for LESS!

I like what he does on social media. He has definitely brought many people into the hobby, including the kids. This is great because if we want our cards (investments) to stay strong over the years, then we must make the newer generations interested in them.

And regarding his poor investment choices, can any of you name me some great card investors? Who bought all the right cards from 2010 to 2018 and dumped them all during the pandemic, and went laughing all the way to the bank? The biggest problem with Geoff is that he came into the hobby at the worst possible time and it just didn't matter what he bought because everything was gonna' come down hard. That includes Mantle, Jackie, Mays, Brady, Jordan, LeBron, etc.

And what's the real story supposed to be regarding the PPP loans? That he took 2M from the US government and spent it all on cards? lol It was all over the Internet and don't tell me that the IRS didn't see it. If that's what really happened, then they would've gone after him hard and today he would be making videos in prison lol And let's not forget that many big card guys took out PPP loans during the pandemic as well, but nobody cared.
Old 08-07-2024, 10:07 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I met Geoff at the Toronto Expo and he was a nice guy. He made a very strong offer on my Jackie, but like the greedy SOB I am, I wanted a bit more and he didn't do it. Oh, and by the way, I ended up selling that Jackie six months later for LESS!

I like what he does on social media. He has definitely brought many people into the hobby, including the kids. This is great because if we want our cards (investments) to stay strong over the years, then we must make the newer generations interested in them.

And regarding his poor investment choices, can any of you name me some great card investors? Who bought all the right cards from 2010 to 2018 and dumped them all during the pandemic, and went laughing all the way to the bank? The biggest problem with Geoff is that he came into the hobby at the worst possible time and it just didn't matter what he bought because everything was gonna' come down hard. That includes Mantle, Jackie, Mays, Brady, Jordan, LeBron, etc.
Just because a bunch of shitheads took out PPP loans and bought cards,

And what's the real story supposed to be regarding the PPP loans? That he took 2M from the US government and spent it all on cards? lol It was all over the Internet and don't tell me that the IRS didn't see it. If that's what really happened, then they would've gone after him hard and today he would be making videos in prison lol And let's not forget that many big card guys took out PPP loans during the pandemic as well, but nobody cared.
Just because a bunch of shitheads took advantage of PPP loans and bought cards, which was never the intent, and didn't get caught doesn't excuse their behavior. At some point moral integrity should come into play, which is sorely lacking in today's society.
And stealing 2mil from the "government" is actually stealing 2mil from the US taxpayer.

-

Last edited by Casey2296; 08-07-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2024, 10:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

FWIW, given that SCR obviously dislikes him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHmxRVR2cE

Old 08-08-2024, 06:03 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
FWIW, given that SCR obviously dislikes him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHmxRVR2cE
Hi peter hope your well every time i go my friends house she shows me the johnny depp card i gave her via you . Anyway every scr video destroys him its pretty funny.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:07 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

He gets kids into the hobby for the soul purpose of gambling with modern cards instead of actually collecting for the love of baseball. The same kids he brings in are the same kids that are gone a year later when they realize they arent going to get rich or lose all their money from his terrible advice and then go onto the next thing.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
Hahahaha. My thoughts exactly.
Old 08-08-2024, 09:10 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
He gets kids into the hobby for the soul purpose of gambling with modern cards instead of actually collecting for the love of baseball. The same kids he brings in are the same kids that are gone a year later when they realize they arent going to get rich or lose all their money from his terrible advice and then go onto the next thing.
yes...this!
Old 08-08-2024, 10:02 AM
Don

Geoff is a wealthy individual.

What do you think he’s sharing with his children about money over family dinner?

I imagine a lot to do with low-cost index funds, real estate, etc.

People like this move differently in private.

He’s here to sell five products: market movers, CardsHQ, the WhatNot live streams, SCI YouTube channel, and the Geoff Wilson Podcast YouTube channel.

That’s 5 income streams from cards alone. Idk which are profitable and which are being kept alive by the others, but that doesn’t matter.

He has built a brand and it’s here to stay.

He tells your kids to buy scrub quarterbacks that do not have a chance and I am sure he is telling his kids to do something way different with their generational wealth coming their way
Old 08-08-2024, 10:09 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshowandme View Post

What do you think he’s sharing with his children about money over family dinner?

He’s here to sell five products: market movers, CardsHQ, the WhatNot live streams, SCI YouTube channel, and the Geoff Wilson Podcast YouTube channel.

That’s 5 income streams from cards alone. Idk which are profitable and which are being kept alive by the others, but that doesn’t matter.

He tells your kids to buy scrub quarterbacks that do not have a chance and I am sure he is telling his kids to do something way different with their generational wealth coming their way
Not to mention his wife seems to have been very successful in the social media/software space.

Old 08-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Don

Quote:
Not to mention his wife seems to have been very successful in the social media/software space.

Good point.

I would bet 95%+ of their $ is into things not card related.

It is likely with private wealth management, equity in startups and established businesses, real estate, etc.

The problem is so many of his viewers are more likely to overextend into cards as alternative assets.

$100,000 for him is way different for your average hobby participant.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Good point.

I would bet 95%+ of their $ is into things not card related.

It is likely with private wealth management, equity in startups and established businesses, real estate, etc.

The problem is so many of his viewers are more likely to overextend into cards as alternative assets.

$100,000 for him is way different for your average hobby participant.
Yep. The rich get richer, and sometimes at the expense of the not so rich.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-08-2024 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:21 AM

Guess I am fortunate, never heard of him.....
Old 08-08-2024, 01:40 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Quote:

This, exactly. Well said, Don.

Last edited by Andrew1975; 08-08-2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2024, 02:39 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

If he did use Covid funds to buy cards without any gov't retribution is an insult to all Americans.
Old 08-08-2024, 03:50 PM
Chuck Tapia

wasn't this the company Goof was associated with and telling everyone to buy and pumping them to death?

https://www.cllct.com/sports-collect...-items-hostage

nobody could have lost in that...reminds me of another rich clown face in the industry after given out loans on "ass"ets. Then bolted, then got divorced. Brent Mastro and Betsy Rubble. If we live long enough, that how this Goof saga ends.
Old 08-08-2024, 06:41 PM

I find his YouTube videos to be entertaining up to a point, and continue to be dumbfounded at the values of 'shiny stuff' due to artificially limited supplies. The company that invented/exploited 'chase' cards deserves all the money it's made.