NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Default FT: 1957 Topps Frank Robinson Mantle and more

Not sure if this will work or not. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Wanting to trade these cards pictured. Thanks for the look.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 12-27-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Is the Robinson trimmed? It looks small next to the Koufax.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:29 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Not that I know of. I got it from a very respected member around here that said he had it since he was a kid.

I've even considered having it graded. Was told by 2 different stores in the area that I should grade it and use that to start my PC. I was in Dallas the other day and started to drop it off at Beckett. But they're closed on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 12-27-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:06 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
That was my first thought when I saw the card.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:54 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

What are you asking for the Robinson? I may be interested in that card.
Thanks!
Tim
Old 12-28-2018, 08:14 AM

Default Agreed on size

Quote:

Sorry to agree but there's a lot of missing border on that Robinson. Here's a comparison :

Old 12-28-2018, 10:33 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Usually I put it in front of/ in back of/ in between a bunch of other cards from the same year and it can be an easy way to see if its trimmed.

Sadly I bought a late 50's card from a member here at a price that was too good to be true. It was a really nice looking card. I got it graded and it ended up being trimmed. I learned from then on to at least check the cards as I describe above to get an idea if its likely to be trimmed (certainly not a fool proof process).

It was such a cheap card I didn't even mention it to the seller here, although based on the asking price I assume it was known. Obviously I wouldn't have graded it if I had.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:57 PM
Emlily Ell.is

As I said, I got it from a very trusted and trustworthy member, who never said anything about it being trimmed when we were discussing a deal (or afterward for that matter).

But in the interest of myself and trying to move it, I think I will send it to Beckett myself. That will remove all doubt of it being trimmed. Like I said earlier, two different LCS' around here (Dallas) said I should sub it to get graded. So I may do that. Then I won't have to search for one graded, haha.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

I’d just lay it on top of another card and see if it’s small, if it is then it will be trimmed or likely min size req (meaning factory cut small) in which case it won’t get a grade and then you don’t have to waste your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
As I said, I got it from a very trusted and trustworthy member, who never said anything about it being trimmed when we were discussing a deal (or afterward for that matter).

But in the interest of myself and trying to move it, I think I will send it to Beckett myself. That will remove all doubt of it being trimmed. Like I said earlier, two different LCS' around here (Dallas) said I should sub it to get graded. So I may do that. Then I won't have to search for one graded, haha.

Last edited by BLongley; 12-28-2018 at 05:50 PM.