NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Tony. Biviano

Default PWCC problem

Does anyone have a phone number for PWCC? No number listed on website or google. Thanks
Old 02-11-2021, 02:12 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Phone...

(833) 333-7922 but you will not have much luck. They respond to the "chat" function and emails through the website mainly. I've had nothing but success with the Chat function tbh. Good luck!

Mike
Old 02-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Tony. Biviano

Thanks. They are not answering my emails. They owe me a lot of money from their January auction and still have not received a payout
Old 02-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Tony. Biviano

Thanks. They are not answering my emails. They owe me a lot of money from their January auction and still have not received a payout

Last edited by cammb; 02-11-2021 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:59 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Payout

Tony,

The payout from PWCC is normally around the 15th of the following month. My guess is you will get a notice from them in the next few days about the payout.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Tony. Biviano

It was supposed to be the 10th. Now it’s the 17th
Old 02-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Joshua

Since we are on topic on pwcc, what do you guys think about the edge on that top right corner in the 1915 CJ Ty Cobb? I will try to post the link below. Probably screw it up. http:// Look at this on eBay 1915 Cr...#30 SGC 7 NRMT

Look at this on eBay
1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb #30 SGC 7 NRMT

Last edited by joshuanip; 02-11-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:34 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-Cracke...QAAOSwUvpgHIwX

I don't like the top left and bottom right corners. They both look "worked". It might be fine, but I wouldn't gamble on it (given the source).
Old 02-11-2021, 04:36 PM
pete ullman

nope...don't like it...looks trimmed for sure.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

I don't like the top left and bottom right corners. They both look "worked". It might be fine, but I wouldn't gamble on it (given the source).
Ouch bottom edge ......
Old 02-11-2021, 05:11 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Ouch bottom edge ......
funny...i was thinking ouch top edges!!!!
Old 02-11-2021, 05:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Generally, if your first instinct is no, it's usually best to pass.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:22 PM
Joshua

Thanks guys... this board is awesome!
Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

I imagine Brent is still taking consignments from a lot of questionable folks (supposition based on the elite offerings he continues to have constantly) and if that's the case one must continue to proceed with the same caution as before the scandal broke, if one wants to avoid altered cards. My personal opinion is that, as a general matter, as many if not more altered cards are being sold as before.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I imagine Brent is still taking consignments from a lot of questionable folks (supposition based on the elite offerings he continues to have constantly) and if that's the case one must continue to proceed with the same caution as before the scandal broke, if one wants to avoid altered cards. My personal opinion is that, as a general matter, as many if not more altered cards are being sold as before.
Regarding the part in bold, I would set the odds as follows...

As many as before +110
More than before -135
Old 02-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

More than before -750

Old 02-13-2021, 01:38 PM
Ben North

Quote:
More than before -750
No way, I am pretty sure I seen a post by their lawyer on another forum saying they have been on the straight and narrow. Even went on to describe all the good things they have done that convicted crooks have not done. It sounded like they should get a Nobel prize by his description.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No way, I am pretty sure I seen a post by their lawyer on another forum saying they have been on the straight and narrow. Even went on to describe all the good things they have done that convicted crooks have not done. It sounded like they should get a Nobel prize by his description.
Well, my post was referring to the market overall, but at the same time I don't think PWCC has done nearly all it could to sever its relationships with sources of bad cards. But of course their lawyer would know better than I would.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:47 PM

If there is more money involved in a market, there will be more crooked behavior in that market. That's a rule.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I guess, by the way, some people would draw a distinction between selling a card proven to be or obviously bad and selling a card not proven to be bad but from a questionable source known or strongly suspected to doctor cards, but I would not necessarily differentiate so sharply there. I think as long as you're dealing with a certain group of guys it's pretty much a certainty you're going to be selling a lot of bad cards.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-13-2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 02-13-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:58 PM
Fred

Quote:

Really? You wouldn't gamble on it? It's in plastic with a label from a top TPG. What's not to trust?

That said, yeah, I agree. The card has an odd look to it. I wouldn't put any serious cash into it just because it has a cool looking number/label.
Old 02-13-2021, 05:03 PM
Anson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
It was supposed to be the 10th. Now it’s the 17th
Am I missing something, or is it only the 13th now and was the 11th with this post?
Old 02-13-2021, 10:46 PM
Jason S!m@nds

I got an email that payments go out on the 17th.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:57 PM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Not that I like the FBI much being from Boston, but anything on the FBI's investigation into PWCC or PSA?
Old 02-16-2021, 03:15 AM
Glyn Parson

Yeah everybody just forgot to freaking talk about it. When more news comes out you aren’t going to have to freaking ask there will be 100 threads on it. Some of you need to think before freaking posting.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:42 AM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Yeah everybody just forgot to freaking talk about it. When more news comes out you aren’t going to have to freaking ask there will be 100 threads on it. Some of you need to think before freaking posting.
I guess there are no clouds to yell at when it's 5:15 in the morning.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:32 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I got an email that payments go out on the 17th.

I just got a letter of apology stating that I was given the incorrect payout date.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Yeah, we forgot to talk about the Elephant in the room. What is now easily a Billion Dollar Fraud led by the soaking, trimming, repairing, conserving, spinning plastic containers & especially PRIVATE Curt Shill ing bidding going on @ PWCC.

Sorry nobody "freaking" thought about it before they posted it
Old 02-16-2021, 12:15 PM
Rich Klein

BTW -- Oregon got pretty hard by weather issues and I don't know if that affected PWCC. Just an FYI

Rich
Old 02-16-2021, 02:06 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
BTW -- Oregon got pretty hard by weather issues and I don't know if that affected PWCC. Just an FYI

Rich
Probably not.... they always seem to weasel their way through. The fact that they're still in business is a slap in the face to every honest and reputable seller on eBay.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Probably not.... they always seem to weasel their way through. The fact that they're still in business is a slap in the face to every honest and reputable seller on eBay.
Maybe the Vault doubles as a fallout shelter.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:10 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Maybe the Vault doubles as a fallout shelter.
Hahaha.... bet you're right.

And for a nominal fee, occupancy in the vault comes complete with your own cot, toothbrush, paper cutter, coloring markers and dental tools!

Last edited by perezfan; 02-16-2021 at 04:10 PM.