View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post

Bringing Collectors into the picture solves most of these problems for them. Sure, Collectors would have to allocate resources, but at least they already have the data warehouse and the talent. To me, this is a no-brainer next step from a business perspective. It will also be very telling about Collectors' true incentives for buying SGC. If they do indeed intend to maintain both brands going forward, then I would fully expect to see a working registry as one of their first improvements. If, however, we fail to see them making any investments/promises toward that goal, then I would assume they lied about their true intentions and that they actually did purchase SGC with the goal of eventually phasing them out (which I highly doubt is the case).
Snowman - What timeline would you think that we would see this rolled out? Would they maybe announce their intentions early, so that they can get us all excited about it? Or would they do it on the sly, and then roll it out in a couple of years once it's ready for prime time?

Naturally, if they keep it secret, then we might not know until it happens, which might take a while. And therefore it might not tell us much about what the future holds for the SGC brand in the interim, at least until they actually roll it out.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel