View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:38 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
This is one of the primary reasons that they still don't have a set registry. It's a lot of work to dig through the database and correct all these data quality issues. Also, the data that was collected with older cert cards is less comprehensive than it is with newer certs. I think it is likely that Collectors will be making an effort to clean this data over the next year or two. I would predict that we will see a fully functional SGC registry within 5 years, and it wouldn't surprise me to see one within 2-3 years. I'm actually betting on it, as I've been picking up some high-grade SGC slabs recently that I wouldn't have previously bought, and I'm holding some high-grade SGC slabs that I otherwise would have sold by now.
Snow, I would hope so, but I have heard the same thing for years. Maybe it does change with the CU acquisition, but I am on the other end of that spectrum. As I have said on other posts, if I don't see any enhancements or improvements at SGC in the next 6 months, I will be concerned.