Thread: eBay wasteland
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 07:40 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I think there is a lot of truth to that Adam. While people may have sold off some of their top stuff years ago on eBay, now they are sitting back and just waiting. And will deliver it to an AH when they want to get out en masse.

I can recall PWCC auctions from years ago where it seemed there were PSA 7 and even 8 Ruth and Gehrig cards all the time in auctions. Sometimes there would be 5 or 6 high end Gehrig and Ruth Goudeys in different variations in every auction. Now you see ebay sellers (yes, I realize PWCC is no longer on eBay) selling a single PSA 2 or 3. Just seems like people are banking the good stuff.

I also collect photos and memorabilia. Ebay has been basically useless. A few known sellers boosting prices up to absurd levels ("OK, I just bought this at RMY last week for $1400, let me list is for, uh, $8000 . . .") but not a lot more than that. Forget about cool obscure stuff. Just not seeing it.
A PSA 2 or 3 Goudey Ruth is not good stuff? I consider you a friend but would like to punch you right now.