View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 07:51 AM
Al

Default seats

Hello I did a post some time ago on net54 about the yankee seats. I re did mine back in 2008. Here is the sherwin williams paint # from back then. The seats were painted in " sea foam" green and then re painted in SW6797 jay bird blue.I replaced some of my slats as we know rot is a big problem. I went to a good woodworking shop back then and he bent me some great bottoms. My tops were in great shape (thank goodness) Here are some pics of the process. If you can sand them down and try and leave as much of the sea foam green on them. There has always been a question about re storing these seats and I found thru the years that for one my wife wouldnt let me bring them in to the house the way they were. (I dont blame her) And as for price it doesnt change that much as these seats had been re painted at yankee stadium and had seat slats replaced many times... Long story I will make it shorter a very good friend of mine in Stamford Ct owned United House Wrecking they took out about 15,000 sets and rows of seats and had them at the property in Stamford. He was selling them at the time for 5-10 dollars each! We both laugh about that to this day! I replaced my slats and you cant tell which ones were replaced. I have asked friends many times to tell me which ones! Bottom line its a great project And you will be happy after its done! Show some pics of the progress! Hope this helps.... Also 2 qts will probably do the job I did 3 coats. But the gallon cost as much as 2 quarts... Just FYI....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 09-16-2022 at 07:20 AM.