View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Dave

I'm pretty ambivalent about expansion. Don't see the point, but understand that as long as these leagues are making money, and just the act of a team existing, automatically makes it a multi-billion dollar property, makes it all pretty inevitable to me.

I'd probably pick Portland and Nashville out of the cities listed.

Portland's basketball arena seems like one of the most lively places in the league. I think the team would be supported locally, but the weather and stadium configuration might factor into a decision.

Nashville just seems to make sense, being an Entertainment mecca already, and a healthy distance away from other competitors.

Don't really have an opinion on Charlotte. Las Vegas just seems gross to me LOL, but is probably the most likely place for it to happen.

Montreal consistently drew the lowest attendance in the league last time they had a team, so I think that's a no go right away.

Mexico City is interesting, especially with baseballs Latin American influence, but it seems like it would be a logistical nightmare, that I doubt MLB wants to take on.