View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Curt

I am a member of a facebook group called "Baseball Private Signings" and someone is talking about being close on getting Ricky Wright to do a private signing that supposedly includes any card. The early discussion has prices in the Dr. Mike Marshall range, but seems to be a lot of interest. Some of those 87T set collectors are real hardcore. At least Marshall had some longevity and accolades. Wright really did nothing in his brief career, but to each their own!

Anyway, if you need/want Wright, it might be worth joining the group and watching for it. The person who apparently is negotiating this possible appears to be a member and said details would be posted there if it happens.

I joined the group in hopes of seeing some cheaper, somewhat obscure guys I wouldn't mind having. Aside from buying a couple Jose Pena cards that were leftovers from a prior signing I had missed, I have never participated in any of the signings. I am simply a regular member, have no affiliation with the group or ties to any members. I am just sharing information that others might find useful.

I have a few Wrights on other items (ball, team sheet and 83 F) and being a Dodgers collector, I have 0 interest in a 1987 Topps signed by him, especially at $150-200!! I hope the guy lines it up though, sounds like it could be interesting.