View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:25 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I disagree, I think the top left is yellow, not orange. And the evidence is that the red and the orange on the upper left are perfectly aligned, which is because they are the same layer. For the upper left corner to actually be orange, the border of the orange pass would have to be non-linear and shoot way left at the top, which it didn't do because that isn't how the printing worked. The fact that the yellow is shifted left explains why there is a light pink slice down the right --- the yellowless red on the right faded to pink, the red and the yellow overlap faded to orange, and the yellow on the left faded to a lighter yellow. The second card posted just shows that there are two sun-faded Cobbs.

Fun discussion, even if we are derailing this thread a bit.
Interesting, but unlikely observations...
Were Sun to bleach/fade ink, it would not pause to decide to attack red-only pigments, but would equally take or lighten sections not colored by the red pass. So you would see the greys and black of the uni also heavily faded, the orange of his hair, certainly to a degree that would be obvious in comparison to other red background cobbs. Even the borders would show difference in tone from sections that were unexposed to heavy enough sunlight to remove a layer of color.
To boot, I've seen at least 4 examples of the 'orange' cobb including mine and the Burdick example, as well as a number of other T206 orange variations from their usual red. LOTG has a nice Chance up right now in their auction that also either got a lighter than usual pass of red or missed altogether.

It will take time for the community to come to agreement, just like with this Aaron, but they'll get there.