View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 07:04 PM
Fred

I've bid in Probstein auctions and won and never felt there was shill bidding. Like many, I've read about the accusations of impropriety in regard tp Probstein but I have no opinion on it because I don't have access to any evidence. If the stories are true then that's a shame.

I found the statement indicating (see around 23:30) "What I did was probably wrong" as a bit strange to hear but if that's how he feels, then it gives a little insight to his mindset. He did however say what he did was wrong at about the 25 minute mark so there's that. Mastro comments a little about the reason he went to prison for a year and a half. It was interesting to hear his insight to the wrong doing, but there was so much more to this interview that makes it worth listening to.

Mastro seems very genuine in the interview. What's nice about this interview is that it wasn't scripted, it was down to earth hobby talk from the early days of the hobby.

Definitely worth the time, even if you don't like either Probstein and/or Mastro.

I'd take the time to listen to another interview if they do another. It would be cool to see specific topics covered.

Interviews like this are good because they will be around many years from now when a lot of us are gone and new blood is in the hobby (if it survives that long).