View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks! I thought it was so cool - I have Bill's game used hat from when he played with the Indians as mentioned - his scrapbook is so cool too

If you guys are not familiar with Mr. Cissell its well worth a google search - I was amazed - he was touted widely as the next big thing - a combination of many of the greats, like hornsby, cobb, etc... Comiskey paid a kings ransom (most ever given for a players rights up to that time) and the guy literally had a few nice years, led the league in hitting for awhile one season, but never delivered on the promise - in his scrap book its so cool how he is quoted as saying how the white sox giving up so much for his rights was the biggest burden he ever had to bare - really cool how he felt such high expectations after comiskeys huge gamble on him - and said he had to be tossed into the lineup from day 1 because guys who people give up that much to get are not allowed an opportunity to be brought up and groomed slowly - just a fascinating story in all honesty