View Single Post
Old 11-25-2001, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Default Views on Shipping and handling charges?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

This is a topic I would like to hear some discussion about. I personally charge $2.50 S/H (which is posted in my auctions) for each of my single card auctions, if they are multiple winners I do not charge any extra. It cost me .55 postage, .20 bubble pack, the rest is to help cover the cost of the auction. I do not feel this is excessive and is posted in my description.

I have recently won an auction that charged me over $6 S/H,with no insurance, for 10 T206 cards, that was not listed in the description, just the mention that the buyer needs to pay S/H. I questioned them on the charge with the explain of the shipping cost, there time to ship and pack, packing cost, and the weight of the plastic holders. I kind of took it as an insult, like I had never shipped before. The actual cost of shipping if you stretched would maybe reach $3 first class. I honored his request but let him know of my dissatisfaction, and will probably not bid on his auctions in the future.

I do not have a problem with any shipping charge that is posted, because you can factor into your bid. I don't like the fact of getting raped after you have won the bid.

Thanks for the therapy session.

Lee
bowl@rea-alp.com