View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

About 6-7 years ago, I made the drive from Houston to Kansas City for a TriStar show to meet Joe Montana (my childhood hero) and Jerry Rice. I was going to have them each sign a 49ers mini helment. I stood in Montana's line first. He didn't even really look up for most people. He had a guy on his right that would accept the item. That guy would look it over and pass it to Montana. Montana would sign it and pass it to some guy on his left who would pass it back to the owner. It kind of reminded me of an assembly line. He seem to have no personality at all.

When I went through Rices's line, he stuck out his hand and offered me a handshake and thanked me for coming out to see him. I was pleasantly surprised. He made me fell like I got my money's worth. It was quite a difference in the two individuals.

I met Jim Brown a few years ago and I had always heard that he was a big jerk, so I wasn't expecting much but an autograph. However, he was also one of the nicest players I have ever met. So, I really say it just depends on the individual and what kind of day they're having.