View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default COA Stickers Affixed to Cards

Posted By: Arthur Lobbe

I can understand both sides. I collect both cards and autographs and my collection is all over the board. I'm not totally condition sensitive as you can see by my sets in the registries. The placing on the sticker of the card does not offend me nor does it hinder whether or not I will buy the card. I certainly prefer the slabbing, however the cost and the wait (I am definitely ocd) tells me to just get the sticker. It can take months to get slabbed autographs back from the grading companies. As far as the Bando fiasco, until someone comes up with a better solution than Spence and PSA/DNA stop throwing stones. There are numerous reputable dealers that sell their products and stand behind everything they sell and I buy from them frequently, however "Operation Bullpen" was not a result of these honest dealers but the proliferation of crooks that worked their way in to the hobby and sold bad stuff. At least when you're buying something authenticated by Spence or PSA/DNA you know that the chances are it's going to be authentic. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's a better system than what we had.