Thread: Pele
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:01 PM

A PSA 2 1958 Editora Aquarela sold for $2600 yesterday. A PSA 8 Rekord Journal sold for $7300 last month. Those cards could be had for a couple hundred dollars each fairly recently. It doesn’t seem like the spike is limited to the Alifabolaget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
First of all, the only Pele card that has exploded is the Alifabolaget. The others have gone up a bit, but nothing worth mentioning as of yet. Nobody truly knows why this has happened, but according to my discussions with another collector, there is some well-known guy in the hobby who seems to have fallen in love with this particular card. Every time this card would go up for sale, he would bid away! I couldn't tell you who the others are that bid up against him, but let me say that this whole thing has been really suspicious to me. This individual has been bidding like crazy on basketball cards as well, but again, the question is did money actually exchange hands here? Remember, there are fake sales that take place all the time in order to create fake comps, and you must always keep that in mind whenever you see a ridiculous price on eBay.